HELP!!! LAN connection missing

Discussion in 'General Computer Support' started by Computer newbie 84, Aug 13, 2010.

1. Computer newbie 84

Computer newbie 84

For those who are willing to spend a few minutes to help me out here, thanks a lot!

So here's my problem: my LAN network connection icon (in control panel) is missing. Not only that, but also, I can't go on the Internet (Firefox, IE, Chrome don't work). It's weird, because the other computers in my house work just fine, and my router is connected.

Here are the last things I've done on my computer that might have triggered this problem: I deleted Spyware Doctor (using the add/remove in the control panel), I deleted Norton anti-virus (again, using the add/remove in the control panel), and finally, I deleted Intel Audio Studio 2.0 using the regedit command. I really don't understand, because I never once messed with the Internet connection and LAN settings...

Can any one of you experts help me out here?
    Your help is very much appreciated! :)

Computer newbie 84, Aug 13, 2010
    1. Advertising