    came up with "card Error". i have just checked the Cf and it's unformatted
    even drive recovery software reports nothing. I don't know what the camera
    is but i will get in touch with him, but for now has anyone got any ideas??
    Magicbaz, Aug 8, 2005

  2. Magicbaz

    Bill Hilton Guest

    >i have just checked the Cf and it's unformatted even drive
    >recovery software reports nothing. I don't know what the camera
    >is but i will get in touch with him, but for now has anyone got any ideas??

    I just recovered 150 RAW files off a formatted (by mistake) CF card
    last week, using Rescue Pro from Sandisk, so all is not lost. I got
    this software free with a CF card purchase so don't know how you might
    get it, but there are no doubt freeware or shareware programs available
    that do this type of thing. Do a Google search on 'disk recovery' or
    'file recovery software' or similar.

    Bill
    Bill Hilton, Aug 8, 2005

  3. Magicbaz

    Mark Roberts Guest

    "Bill Hilton" <> wrote:

    >>i have just checked the Cf and it's unformatted even drive
    >>recovery software reports nothing. I don't know what the camera
    >>is but i will get in touch with him, but for now has anyone got any ideas??

    >I just recovered 150 RAW files off a formatted (by mistake) CF card
    >last week, using Rescue Pro from Sandisk, so all is not lost. I got
    >this software free with a CF card purchase so don't know how you might
    >get it, but there are no doubt freeware or shareware programs available
    >that do this type of thing. Do a Google search on 'disk recovery' or
    >'file recovery software' or similar.

    This one works well:
    http://www.pcinspector.de/smart_media_recovery/uk/welcome.htm

    --