    Dont know what that is.

    Please help.... desparate!

    Bev

    Bev, Dec 18, 2003

  2. Bev

    Liz Guest

    http://www.safersite.com/PestInfo/s/sahagent.asp

    Liz, Dec 18, 2003

  3. Bev

    Boomer Guest

    "Bev" <> wrote in

    > Really need help!
    >
    > Internet explorer has stopped displaying all pages it just says
    > the page cannot be displayed, but email works fine on outlook.
    >
    > Saw something that said SahAgent?
    >
    > Dont know what that is.
    >
    > Please help.... desparate!
    >
    > Bev

    Search for SahAgent...

    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-
    8&q=SahAgent&btnG=Google+Search

    http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/adware.sahagent
    ..html

    --
    I need to go lie down in a darkened room.
    -anOLDun

    Boomer, Dec 18, 2003
  4. Bev

    leftnutrzr Guest

    "Bev" <> wrote in message
    > Really need help!
    >
    > Internet explorer has stopped displaying all pages it just says the page
    > cannot be displayed, but email works fine on outlook.
    >
    > Saw something that said SahAgent?
    >
    > Dont know what that is.
    >
    > Please help.... desparate!
    >
    > Bev

    sorry if there's html with this ... but seeing as bev's internet explorer
    isnt working i shall paste in the info on this particular problem ...
    props to pest patrol and liz for providing the link

    page follows:

    Overview
    merchant sites in order to take the affiliate fees from them automatically.
    Alias: Golden Retriever, ShopAtHome, ShopAtHomeSelect
    See Also: FavoriteMan · Grokster · IMesh
    Category: Spyware: Any product that employs a user's Internet
    connection in the background without their knowledge or explicit permission,
    and gathers/transmits info on the user, their machine, or their behavior.

    Variants: a.. ShopAtHomeSelect

    Similar Pests: Spyware
    Origins
    Group: Belcaro Group Inc.
    By This Group: ShopAtHomeSelect · ShopAtHomeSelect.com
    Mailing Address: Belcaro Group Inc., 7100 East Belleview Avenue, #305,
    Greenwood Village, CO 80111
    Phone: 303-843-0302 Fax: 303-843-0377
    EMail:
    Date of Origin: September, 2003
    Distribution
    Prevalence: a.. SAHAgent: 0.1% of all pest reports (139 per 100,000
    reports)
    a.. SahAgent: 0.1% of all pest reports (84 per 100,000 reports)
    a.. ShopAtHomeSelect: 0.0% of all pest reports (27 per 100,000
    reports) More Info

    Clot Factor: a.. SAHAgent: On average, 19 objects detected in each
    machine
    a.. SahAgent: On average, 21 objects detected in each machine
    a.. ShopAtHomeSelect: On average, 2 objects detected in each machine
    The "Clot Factor" is a measure of how much a pest "gums up" a machine
    by adding registry entries, files, and directories. As more objects are
    placed in a machine, manual removal becomes more difficult and more
    error-prone.

    Countries Affected: In the past three months, we have received reports
    of SAHAgent in Australia, Canada, Denmark, France, Germany, Hong Kong,
    Netherlands, Nicaragua, Poland, Russian Federation, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden,
    Switzerland, United Kingdom, United States, Venezuela.
    Growth: a.. SAHAgent: Insufficient data to report growth
    a.. SahAgent: Decreased 100.0% over the last 90 days
    a.. ShopAtHomeSelect: Less than 1% in the last 90 days

    Operation
    Advertising: No.
    Storage Required: a.. SahAgent: at least 57KB

    Risks
    Privacy Issues: Yes. Each visit to a merchant site is recorded by
    ShopAtHomeSelect's servers with a unique ID that could be used to track your
    browsing habits.
    Privacy Policy: "When you first register with ShopAtHomeSelect.com, we
    ask you to provide your name, date of birth, street address, and E-mail
    address to determine your eligibility to be a member and to process your
    "Cash Back" rewards. We also ask for additional optional information on your
    interests, gender, and occupation. Based on this information, we can better
    determine what types of merchants and specials to pursue so that you will
    get the most out of your membership in ShopAtHomeSelect.com. However, you
    are under no obligation to provide us with this information-it is completely
    optional.
    "ShopAtHomeSelect.com may also collect certain information online and
    offline deriving from your navigation of ShopAtHomeSelect.com and our
    Affiliate Merchants, including but not limited to the number and type of
    offers you have responded to and completed, so that we can make future
    relevant and personalized offers to you.
    "ShopAtHomeSelect.com uses cookie technology to understand general
    information on site traffic trends such as most frequently visited pages or
    Affiliate Merchants."
    from http://www.shopathomeselect.com/privacy.asp
    Security Issues: Yes. Can download and execute arbitrary code from its
    controlling server, as a silent update feature.
    Stability Issues: Yes. May slow Opera or other applications,
    particularly when accessing its servers.
    Detection and Removal
    Caution!!!: SAHAgent is a Winsock2 Layered Service Provider. As such,
    if you merely delete registry entries and files, you stand a good chance of
    losing your network and Internet connections.
    Automatic Removal: PestPatrol detects this.

    PestPatrol removes this.

    Manual Removal: In Control Panel's Add/Remove Programs, find
    'ShopAtHomeSelect Agent'. Use it to remove the software. Reboot.
    Once you have uninstalled via Add/Remove programs, you can delete the
    damaged '{30402FF4-3E71-4A1C-9B4B-1CD3486A9FB2}' entry inside your
    'Downloaded Program Files' folder, the 'SAHUninstall.exe' file in the
    'Windows' folder and 'SahAgent.log' in the root of the C: drive to clean up.
    If the entry for ShopAtHomeSelect remains in your Add/Remove Programs
    even though the software is uninstalled, you can remove it by opening the
    registry (Start->Run->regedit) and deleting the key
    'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Shop
    AtHomeSelect Agent'.
    If the above procedures do not work for any reason, you may remove
    SAHAgent manually, but at great risk of losing your network and Internet
    connections.
    Open the registry (Start->Open->regedit) and find the key
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run . Delete
    the 'SAHAgent' entry.
    Next, deregister the LSP part of ShopAtHomeSelect. Run 'regedit' and
    find the key
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\WinSock2\Parameters\Pro
    tocol_Catalog9 . For each key in Catalog_Entries, open the
    'PackedCatalogItem' value and check if it starts with 'lsp.dll'. If it does
    delete that entry. Renumber the remaining keys so that they count up from
    000000000001 one at a time, and set the 'Num_Catalog_Entries' value in
    Protocol_Catalog9 to the highest key number you have.
    Next, open a DOS command prompt window (from
    Start->Programs->Accessories) and enter these commands:
    cd "%WinDir%\System"
    regsvr32 /u "..\Downloaded Program Files\WEBinstaller.dll"
    cd "..\Downloaded Program Files"
    del WEBinstaller.dll
    del SAH*.exe
    Restart the computer and you should be able to delete the files
    'tracking.tmp', 'vg.dat', 'v.dat', 'lsp.dll', 'SahDownloader.exe' and
    'SahAgent.exe' from the System folder (inside the Windows folder; called
    'System' on Windows 95/98/Me or 'System32' under Windows NT/2000/XP).
    You can also delete the registry key
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\VGroup to clean up if you like. PestPatrol 4.3
    provides CleanSAHAgent.exe to perform this removal automatically.
    Stop Running Processes:

    Kill these running processes with Task Manager:

    systemroot+\downloaded program files\sahagent_.exe
    systemroot+\downloaded program files\sahdownloader_.exe
    systemroot+\downloaded program files\sahuninstall_.exe
    systemroot+\sahuninstall.exe
    systemroot+\system32\sahagent.exe
    systemroot+\system32\sahdownloader.exe

    Remove AutoRun Reference:

    Go To the key
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run.

    Unregister DLLs:

    Unregister these DLLs with Regsvr32, then reboot:

    systemroot+\downloaded program files\lsp_.dll
    systemroot+\downloaded program files\webinstaller.dll
    systemroot+\downloaded program files\xmlparse_.dll
    systemroot+\downloaded program files\xmltok_.dll
    systemroot+\system32\lsp.dlllsp.dll

    Clean Registry:

    Remove these registry items (if present) with RegEdit:

    HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\clsid\{30402ff4-3e71-4a1c-9b4b-1cd3486a9fb2}
    HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\interface\{4828c95f-c5db-4ab6-a945-8d8ec44b98a8}
    HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\interface\{4e570f74-deee-4fcf-b960-feefa4b8c6fc}
    HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\webinstaller.execute
    HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\webinstaller.execute.1
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\classes\clsid\{30402ff4-3e71-4a1c-9b4b-1cd3486a9
    fb2}
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\classes\interface\{4828c95f-c5db-4ab6-a945-8d8ec
    44b98a8}
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\classes\interface\{4e570f74-deee-4fcf-b960-feefa
    4b8c6fc}
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\code store database\distribution
    units\{30402ff4-3e71-4a1c-9b4b-1cd3486a9fb2}
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\moduleusage\c:/
    winnt/downloaded program
    files/lsp_.dll\{30402ff4-3e71-4a1c-9b4b-1cd3486a9fb2}
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\moduleusage\c:/
    winnt/downloaded program
    files/sahagent_.exe\{30402ff4-3e71-4a1c-9b4b-1cd3486a9fb2}
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\moduleusage\c:/
    winnt/downloaded program
    files/sahdownloader_.exe\{30402ff4-3e71-4a1c-9b4b-1cd3486a9fb2}
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\moduleusage\c:/
    winnt/downloaded program
    files/sahuninstall_.exe\{30402ff4-3e71-4a1c-9b4b-1cd3486a9fb2}
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\moduleusage\c:/
    winnt/downloaded program
    files/sporder_.dll\{30402ff4-3e71-4a1c-9b4b-1cd3486a9fb2}
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\moduleusage\c:/
    winnt/downloaded program
    files/webinstaller.dll\{30402ff4-3e71-4a1c-9b4b-1cd3486a9fb2}
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\moduleusage\c:/
    winnt/downloaded program
    files/xmlparse_.dll\{30402ff4-3e71-4a1c-9b4b-1cd3486a9fb2}
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\moduleusage\c:/
    winnt/downloaded program
    files/xmltok_.dll\{30402ff4-3e71-4a1c-9b4b-1cd3486a9fb2}
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\moduleusage\c:/
    winnt/system32/mfc42.dll\{30402ff4-3e71-4a1c-9b4b-1cd3486a9fb2}
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\moduleusage\c:/
    winnt/system32/msvcrt.dll\{30402ff4-3e71-4a1c-9b4b-1cd3486a9fb2}
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\moduleusage\c:/
    winnt/system32/olepro32.dll\{30402ff4-3e71-4a1c-9b4b-1cd3486a9fb2}
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\run\sahagent
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\uninstall\shopa
    thomeselect agent
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\vgroup
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\winsock2\layered provider sample

    Remove Files:

    Remove these files (if present) with Windows Explorer:

    c:\sahagent.log
    systemroot+\downloaded program files\lsp_.dll
    systemroot+\downloaded program files\sahagent_.exe
    systemroot+\downloaded program files\sahdownloader_.exe
    systemroot+\downloaded program files\sahuninstall_.exe
    systemroot+\downloaded program files\webinstaller.dll
    systemroot+\downloaded program files\xmlparse_.dll
    systemroot+\downloaded program files\xmltok_.dll
    systemroot+\sahuninstall.exe
    systemroot+\system32\lsp.dll
    systemroot+\system32\lsp.xx
    systemroot+\system32\sahagent.exe
    systemroot+\system32\sahdownloader.exe

    Research
    File Analyses: a.. SahAgent: lsp.dll

    More Info: a.. AllTheWeb, AltaVista, AOL Search, Ask Jeeves, Google,
    HotBot, Lycos, LookSmart, MSN, Yahoo!

    Research By: a.. Andrew Clover
    a.. PestPatrol's Pest Research Center

    Last Revised: 17 December, 2003
    Copyright: © 2003 PestPatrol, Inc. All rights reserved.

    leftnutrzr, Dec 18, 2003
  5. Bev

    Boomer Guest

    "leftnutrzr" <> wrote in

    > "Bev" <> wrote in message
    >> Really need help!
    >>
    >> Internet explorer has stopped displaying all pages it just says
    >> the page cannot be displayed, but email works fine on outlook.
    >>
    >> Saw something that said SahAgent?
    >>
    >> Dont know what that is.
    >>
    >> Please help.... desparate!
    >>
    >> Bev