    line like "start www.yahoo.com" <Enter> without the quotes
    of course. What's up? Should be a pretty simple task
    but IE7 / Windows XP sp 2 is having trouble with this.

    Mike, Jan 24, 2007

  2. Mike

    Guest

    "Mike" <> wrote:

    >Help! Installed Windows XP sp2 and IE 7! Is there any hope?

    >About half the time when I type a URL into the IE7 address bar
    >and press <Enter> nothing happens. It just says "Connecting..."
    >even for widely available websited like google and yahoo.
    >Same thing happens if I try to open a page from the command
    >line like "start www.yahoo.com" <Enter> without the quotes
    >of course. What's up? Should be a pretty simple task
    >but IE7 / Windows XP sp 2 is having trouble with this.

    Maybe.

    Start | Run <type in>
    FIREWALL.CPL
    <enter>

    (Mine's disaled so I'm winging it)

    in one of the tabs are a list of execptions, select everything.
    really enable everything and install a proper Firewall.
    --
    Grab Your own.
    http://www.milinkito.com/los80.php

  3. Mike wrote:
    > Help! Installed Windows XP sp2 and IE 7! Is there any hope?

    Uhh...no. ;)

    --
    Blinky RLU 297263
    Killing all posts from Google Groups
    Blinky the Shark, Jan 24, 2007
  4. Mike wrote:

    > Help! Installed Windows XP sp2 and IE 7! Is there any hope?
    >
    > About half the time when I type a URL into the IE7 address bar
    > and press <Enter> nothing happens. It just says "Connecting..."
    > even for widely available websited like google and yahoo.
    > Same thing happens if I try to open a page from the command
    > line like "start www.yahoo.com" <Enter> without the quotes
    > of course. What's up? Should be a pretty simple task
    > but IE7 / Windows XP sp 2 is having trouble with this.

    Hmm. Most of the time the "proxy-auto-search" feature runs amuck.
    There is help at www.mozilla.com/firefox, though.

    Walter Mautner, Jan 24, 2007