    godsent to me in the past, solely due to the participants and their
    expertise.

    Mike
    Michael Kicak, Jan 20, 2008

  2. Michael Kicak

    - Bobb - Guest

    "Michael Kicak" <> wrote in message
    news:iRJkj.54695$...
    > After installing the latest version of Itunes, my image viewer is now
    > set to default to Quicktimes. How do I change this back to WINDOWS
    > MEDIA PLAYER.???
    > Mike

    By " my image viewer " do you mean just for PICTURES or for VIDEOS, or
    both etc ?

    Setting Media Player to be default for "All types it can handle" varies a
    bit between version of WMP, but Open it and then Tools- Options - File
    types , select all. Tabs may be slightly different - Your mileage may
    vary a bit.
    ============
    Aside from THAT, open Windows Explorer - then click Tools - Folder
    options - File Types.
    the rest of the text refers to THAT screen !

    To sort all the type by app, now click the "file types" column.
    Type a Q, or Scroll down to Quicktime .... and select each one ( or
    whichever ones you would LIKE WMP to handle )

    For Pictures, click on EXTENSIONS column to sort by the ending
    Scroll down to JPG or JPEG, BMP, etc that you would like to have PICTURE
    VIEWER , Paint, or whatever app you'd like to have open it. ( Do you know
    ?) If not sure , first go to a folder that has pictures/videos in it and
    then right-click on a file - move to "Open With" - it will show what
    Windows HAS used in the past.
    Once you know your favorite app name, then modify that extension to use
    that app as default.
    So you'd go to jpg , click it - it will show current program opening
    that file type.
    Click CHANGE and select your desired default app.

    - Bobb -, Jan 20, 2008