Help in choosing which path to take

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by MJBrown, Nov 3, 2003.

  1. MJBrown

    MJBrown Guest

    Im currently trying to decide which tests I would like to take from the ones that you are given a choice in for MCSE. I have looked on the internet and this news group for some information but wasn't able to find anything so I figured I would ask.

    I know the 4 core ones I will take (not like you have much of a choice)
    For the 4 core I am going to do Exam 70-210, Exam 70-215, Exam 70-216 and Exam 70-217

    Now the ones im trying to decide is between:
    Exam 70-219: Designing a Microsoft Windows 2000 Directory Services Infrastructure
    OR
    Exam 70-221: Designing a Microsoft Windows 2000 Network Infrastructure
    OR
    Exam 70-297: Designing a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Active Directory and Network Infrastructure

    The issue with these is Im not quite sure what the difference is between 219 and 221. Also, im not sure if I should go for 297 so I have a 2003 cert under my belt
    Finally I have narrowed the electives down to:
    Exam 70-218: Managing a Microsoft Windows 2000 Network Environment
    Exam 70-219: Designing a Microsoft Windows 2000 Directory Services Infrastructure
    Exam 70-221: Designing a Microsoft Windows 2000 Network Infrastructure
    Exam 70-223: Installing, Configuring, and Administering Microsoft Clustering Services by Using Microsoft Windows 2000 Advanced Server
    Exam 70-232: Implementing and Maintaining Highly Available Web Solutions with Microsoft Windows 2000 Server Technologies and Microsoft Application Center 2000
    Exam 70-234: Designing and Implementing Solutions with Microsoft Commerce Server 2000
    If I currently wanting to go into web development programming (for .NET, Java, Visual Basic, C++ ect. of which I don't know yet, will be going to college in a year also for my BS) and also administration of a network what's the general opinion of the path that would probably fit my goals best?

    MJBrown, Nov 3, 2003

  2. MJBrown

    Greg Guest

    well 218 first.. that will give you an Admin Cert ( MCSA ), other than that.. if you are looking for admin, then 219 and 221 is what I am going on.. if you are looking for programming/development, then you should be looking toward the MCSD line.

    Greg

    Greg, Nov 4, 2003