Help ...IE keeps crashing

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by caught, Apr 15, 2007.

  1. caught

    caught Guest

    Periodically I keep getting the blue outlines box with the message .....
    Internet Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry
    for the inconvience. etc .......

    IE Version 6.0.2900.2180

    Can anyobdy give some simple suggestions how to remedy this?

    I have been advised not to download IE version 7 ... without any reasons.

    Many, many thanks in advance. I'm a bit desperate here :)
    caught, Apr 15, 2007
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. caught

    Ken Guest

    On Sun, 15 Apr 2007 15:16:07 +1200, "caught" <> wrote:

    >Periodically I keep getting the blue outlines box with the message .....
    >Internet Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry
    >for the inconvience. etc .......
    >
    > IE Version 6.0.2900.2180
    >
    >Can anyobdy give some simple suggestions how to remedy this?
    >
    >I have been advised not to download IE version 7 ... without any reasons.
    >
    >Many, many thanks in advance. I'm a bit desperate here :)
    >




    Try removing Malware/Spyware..
    Ken , Apr 15, 2007
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. caught

    Dave Taylor Guest

    Ken wrote in news:go6323d07u5113orn7emerad4adlpbn549@
    4ax.com:

    > Try removing Malware/Spyware..


    This tool is pretty good, and free.
    http://housecall.trendmicro.com/

    --
    Ciao, Dave
    Dave Taylor, Apr 15, 2007
    #3
  4. caught

    Jeffrey Guest

    caught wrote:

    > Periodically I keep getting the blue outlines box with the message .....
    > Internet Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry
    > for the inconvience. etc .......
    >
    > IE Version 6.0.2900.2180
    >
    > Can anyobdy give some simple suggestions how to remedy this?
    >
    > I have been advised not to download IE version 7 ... without any reasons.
    >
    > Many, many thanks in advance. I'm a bit desperate here :)
    >
    >

    I believe the original problems with IE7 are now fixed. Download it and
    install, it will take out version 6 and leave all your settings untouched.
    Jeffrey, Apr 15, 2007
    #4
  5. caught

    Ken Guest

    On Sun, 15 Apr 2007 16:48:34 +1200, Jeffrey <> wrote:

    >caught wrote:
    >
    >> Periodically I keep getting the blue outlines box with the message .....
    >> Internet Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry
    >> for the inconvience. etc .......
    >>
    >> IE Version 6.0.2900.2180
    >>
    >> Can anyobdy give some simple suggestions how to remedy this?
    >>
    >> I have been advised not to download IE version 7 ... without any reasons.
    >>
    >> Many, many thanks in advance. I'm a bit desperate here :)
    >>
    >>

    >I believe the original problems with IE7 are now fixed. Download it and
    >install, it will take out version 6 and leave all your settings untouched.




    But have they fixed the Favorites problem..?

    When you ADD to Favorites it only shows them in date listing, totally useless.


    IE 6 shows them in name listing.
    Ken , Apr 15, 2007
    #5
  6. On Sun, 15 Apr 2007 16:48:34 +1200, Jeffrey wrote:

    > I believe the original problems with IE7 are now fixed. Download it and
    > install, it will take out version 6 and leave all your settings untouched.


    However, many web applications designed to work with M$IE6 will not work
    with M$IE7.

    Also, you would be better off using Firefox instead of M$IE if you're using
    M$IE for viewing websites.


    --
    Dianthus Mimulus

    When you want a computer system that works, just choose Linux.
    When you want a computer system that works, just, choose Microsoft.
    Dianthus Mimulus, Apr 15, 2007
    #6
  7. caught

    iascoot Guest

    On Apr 15, 6:17 pm, Dianthus Mimulus <> wrote:
    > On Sun, 15 Apr 2007 16:48:34 +1200, Jeffrey wrote:
    > > I believe the original problems with IE7 are now fixed. Download it and
    > > install, it will take out version 6 and leave all your settings untouched.

    >
    > However, many web applications designed to work with M$IE6 will not work
    > with M$IE7.
    >
    > Also, you would be better off using Firefox instead of M$IE if you're using
    > M$IE for viewing websites.
    >
    > --
    > Dianthus Mimulus
    >
    > When you want a computer system that works, just choose Linux.
    > When you want a computer system that works, just, choose Microsoft.




    Your credibility is lost due to the fact you insist on spelling
    Microsoft as M$... Which if the sterotypes are correct, you are a
    Firefox user, Running Linux... (Which are both confirmed in your post)

    Also, Noone is 'better off' using firefox, its users choice which
    browser to use,
    Firefox isnt the best, it has its pros and cons like every other
    browser

    I Currently use both Firefox (sometimes) and IE7 (Most often) and in
    IE7 i rarely find a site that doesnt work correctly, It rarely crashes
    (Firefox crashes as well.) If you get IE7, a good addon is IE7Pro
    www.ie7pro.com (The Ad Filter can affect some sites, turn it off if
    you have trouble)
    iascoot, Apr 15, 2007
    #7
  8. caught

    Crash Guest

    Ken wrote:
    > On Sun, 15 Apr 2007 16:48:34 +1200, Jeffrey <> wrote:
    >
    >
    >> caught wrote:
    >>
    >>
    >>> Periodically I keep getting the blue outlines box with the message .....
    >>> Internet Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry
    >>> for the inconvience. etc .......
    >>>
    >>> IE Version 6.0.2900.2180
    >>>
    >>> Can anyobdy give some simple suggestions how to remedy this?
    >>>
    >>> I have been advised not to download IE version 7 ... without any reasons.
    >>>
    >>> Many, many thanks in advance. I'm a bit desperate here :)
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>

    >> I believe the original problems with IE7 are now fixed. Download it and
    >> install, it will take out version 6 and leave all your settings untouched.
    >>

    >
    >
    >
    > But have they fixed the Favorites problem..?
    >
    > When you ADD to Favorites it only shows them in date listing, totally useless.
    >
    >
    > IE 6 shows them in name listing.
    >
    >
    >
    >

    I have been using IE7 for months now. In using IE7 I noticed no changes
    other than the revised user interface. Certainly favourites was never
    in a different sequence. There is, IMHO, no reason why you should not
    install IE7.

    If anyone ever gives you advise on not installing anything always get
    the full reasons for that opinion.

    Crash.
    Crash, Apr 15, 2007
    #8
  9. caught

    trueone Guest

    <Ken > wrote in message
    news:...
    > On Sun, 15 Apr 2007 16:48:34 +1200, Jeffrey <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>caught wrote:
    >>
    >>> Periodically I keep getting the blue outlines box with the message .....
    >>> Internet Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are
    >>> sorry
    >>> for the inconvience. etc .......
    >>>
    >>>

    >>I believe the original problems with IE7 are now fixed. Download it and
    >>install, it will take out version 6 and leave all your settings untouched.

    >
    >
    >
    > But have they fixed the Favorites problem..?
    >
    > When you ADD to Favorites it only shows them in date listing, totally
    > useless.
    >
    >
    > IE 6 shows them in name listing.
    >
    >

    I use Vista which has IE7 built in and have added to favourites. All are
    listed by name.
    trueone, Apr 15, 2007
    #9
  10. caught

    Ross Guest

    On 15 Apr 2007 18:17:52 +1200, Dianthus Mimulus
    <> wrote:

    >On Sun, 15 Apr 2007 16:48:34 +1200, Jeffrey wrote:
    >
    >> I believe the original problems with IE7 are now fixed. Download it and
    >> install, it will take out version 6 and leave all your settings untouched.

    >
    >However, many web applications designed to work with M$IE6 will not work
    >with M$IE7.
    >
    >Also, you would be better off using Firefox instead of M$IE if you're using
    >M$IE for viewing websites.


    I agree with Dianthus.
    Firefox for browsing on Windows, as it is safer. I recommend version
    2.0, not 1.5.
    But for some websites you will need the IEtab add-on.

    Ross
    Ross, Apr 15, 2007
    #10
  11. caught

    Nho Whei Guest

    On Sun, 15 Apr 2007 17:10:55 +1200, Ken wrote:

    >On Sun, 15 Apr 2007 16:48:34 +1200, Jeffrey <> wrote:
    >
    >>caught wrote:
    >>
    >>> Periodically I keep getting the blue outlines box with the message .....
    >>> Internet Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry
    >>> for the inconvience. etc .......
    >>>
    >>> IE Version 6.0.2900.2180
    >>>
    >>> Can anyobdy give some simple suggestions how to remedy this?
    >>>
    >>> I have been advised not to download IE version 7 ... without any reasons.
    >>>
    >>> Many, many thanks in advance. I'm a bit desperate here :)
    >>>
    >>>

    >>I believe the original problems with IE7 are now fixed. Download it and
    >>install, it will take out version 6 and leave all your settings untouched.

    >
    >
    >
    >But have they fixed the Favorites problem..?
    >
    >When you ADD to Favorites it only shows them in date listing, totally useless.
    >
    >
    >IE 6 shows them in name listing.


    Hmmm ...... Have you right clicked?
    Nho Whei, Apr 15, 2007
    #11
  12. caught

    Ken Guest

    On Sun, 15 Apr 2007 20:54:25 +1200, Crash <> wrote:

    >Ken wrote:
    >> On Sun, 15 Apr 2007 16:48:34 +1200, Jeffrey <> wrote:
    >>
    >>
    >>> caught wrote:
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>> Periodically I keep getting the blue outlines box with the message .....
    >>>> Internet Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry
    >>>> for the inconvience. etc .......
    >>>>
    >>>> IE Version 6.0.2900.2180
    >>>>
    >>>> Can anyobdy give some simple suggestions how to remedy this?
    >>>>
    >>>> I have been advised not to download IE version 7 ... without any reasons.
    >>>>
    >>>> Many, many thanks in advance. I'm a bit desperate here :)
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>> I believe the original problems with IE7 are now fixed. Download it and
    >>> install, it will take out version 6 and leave all your settings untouched.
    >>>

    >>
    >>
    >>
    >> But have they fixed the Favorites problem..?
    >>
    >> When you ADD to Favorites it only shows them in date listing, totally useless.
    >>
    >>
    >> IE 6 shows them in name listing.
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >>

    >I have been using IE7 for months now. In using IE7 I noticed no changes
    >other than the revised user interface. Certainly favourites was never
    >in a different sequence. There is, IMHO, no reason why you should not
    >install IE7.
    >
    >If anyone ever gives you advise on not installing anything always get
    >the full reasons for that opinion.
    >
    >Crash.




    The Save Favorites are Fixed in Date order, not the same as IE 6, this is a well know fault, and has
    been confirmed by users here.,.
    Ken , Apr 16, 2007
    #12
  13. caught

    Ken Guest

    On Sun, 15 Apr 2007 20:56:55 +1200, "trueone" <> wrote:

    >
    ><Ken > wrote in message
    >news:...
    >> On Sun, 15 Apr 2007 16:48:34 +1200, Jeffrey <>
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>>caught wrote:
    >>>
    >>>> Periodically I keep getting the blue outlines box with the message .....
    >>>> Internet Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are
    >>>> sorry
    >>>> for the inconvience. etc .......
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>>I believe the original problems with IE7 are now fixed. Download it and
    >>>install, it will take out version 6 and leave all your settings untouched.

    >>
    >>
    >>
    >> But have they fixed the Favorites problem..?
    >>
    >> When you ADD to Favorites it only shows them in date listing, totally
    >> useless.
    >>
    >>
    >> IE 6 shows them in name listing.
    >>
    >>

    >I use Vista which has IE7 built in and have added to favourites. All are
    >listed by name.



    Yes but it has been confirmed here that this is a well know fault..
    Ken , Apr 16, 2007
    #13
  14. caught

    Ken Guest

    On Sun, 15 Apr 2007 22:05:48 +1200, Nho Whei <> wrote:

    >On Sun, 15 Apr 2007 17:10:55 +1200, Ken wrote:
    >
    >>On Sun, 15 Apr 2007 16:48:34 +1200, Jeffrey <> wrote:
    >>
    >>>caught wrote:
    >>>
    >>>> Periodically I keep getting the blue outlines box with the message .....
    >>>> Internet Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry
    >>>> for the inconvience. etc .......
    >>>>
    >>>> IE Version 6.0.2900.2180
    >>>>
    >>>> Can anyobdy give some simple suggestions how to remedy this?
    >>>>
    >>>> I have been advised not to download IE version 7 ... without any reasons.
    >>>>
    >>>> Many, many thanks in advance. I'm a bit desperate here :)
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>>I believe the original problems with IE7 are now fixed. Download it and
    >>>install, it will take out version 6 and leave all your settings untouched.

    >>
    >>
    >>
    >>But have they fixed the Favorites problem..?
    >>
    >>When you ADD to Favorites it only shows them in date listing, totally useless.
    >>
    >>
    >>IE 6 shows them in name listing.

    >
    >Hmmm ...... Have you right clicked?




    I don't have to as people here have reported the same problem..
    Ken , Apr 16, 2007
    #14
  15. caught

    Chris Hope Guest

    Ken wrote:

    [snip]

    >>>>I believe the original problems with IE7 are now fixed. Download it
    >>>>and install, it will take out version 6 and leave all your settings
    >>>>untouched.
    >>>
    >>>But have they fixed the Favorites problem..?
    >>>
    >>>When you ADD to Favorites it only shows them in date listing, totally
    >>>useless.
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>IE 6 shows them in name listing.

    >>
    >>Hmmm ...... Have you right clicked?

    >
    > I don't have to as people here have reported the same problem..


    I've just tried this on both IE6 and IE7 and the favourites both appear
    in the order in which you add them, *until* you right-click and then
    click "sort by name". And then when I start adding more favourites they
    again get added at the bottom until I once again right-click and choose
    sort by name.

    --
    Chris Hope | www.electrictoolbox.com | www.linuxcdmall.com
    Chris Hope, Apr 16, 2007
    #15
  16. caught

    Chris Hope Guest

    Ken wrote:

    [snip]

    >>>>I believe the original problems with IE7 are now fixed. Download it
    >>>>and install, it will take out version 6 and leave all your settings
    >>>>untouched.
    >>>
    >>> But have they fixed the Favorites problem..?
    >>>
    >>> When you ADD to Favorites it only shows them in date listing,
    >>> totally useless.
    >>>
    >>>
    >>> IE 6 shows them in name listing.
    >>>
    >>>

    >>I use Vista which has IE7 built in and have added to favourites. All
    >>are listed by name.

    >
    > Yes but it has been confirmed here that this is a well know fault..


    You haven't tried it yourself though, have you? Just taking the word of
    other people. See my other post where *I* report that the function
    appears to work the same for both IE6 and IE7, although I haven't yet
    installed Vista to try it out on there - my tests were on XP.

    --
    Chris Hope | www.electrictoolbox.com | www.linuxcdmall.com
    Chris Hope, Apr 16, 2007
    #16
  17. caught

    EMB Guest

    Chris Hope wrote:

    > I've just tried this on both IE6 and IE7 and the favourites both appear
    > in the order in which you add them, *until* you right-click and then
    > click "sort by name". And then when I start adding more favourites they
    > again get added at the bottom until I once again right-click and choose
    > sort by name.


    Don't waste your breath talking at Woger - HE KNOWS BEST even when
    presented with real-world evidence to the contrary.
    EMB, Apr 16, 2007
    #17
  18. caught

    Chris Hope Guest

    EMB wrote:

    > Chris Hope wrote:
    >
    >> I've just tried this on both IE6 and IE7 and the favourites both
    >> appear in the order in which you add them, *until* you right-click
    >> and then click "sort by name". And then when I start adding more
    >> favourites they again get added at the bottom until I once again
    >> right-click and choose sort by name.

    >
    > Don't waste your breath talking at Woger - HE KNOWS BEST even when
    > presented with real-world evidence to the contrary.


    I know he does hehe ;) The funny thing is he seems to have decided
    there's some bug entirely based upon what a couple of people have
    posted here rather than having tried it himself.

    --
    Chris Hope | www.electrictoolbox.com | www.linuxcdmall.com
    Chris Hope, Apr 16, 2007
    #18
  19. caught

    Jerry Guest

    Ken wrote:
    > On Sun, 15 Apr 2007 20:54:25 +1200, Crash <> wrote:
    >
    >> Ken wrote:
    >>> On Sun, 15 Apr 2007 16:48:34 +1200, Jeffrey <> wrote:
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>> caught wrote:
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>>>> Periodically I keep getting the blue outlines box with the message .....
    >>>>> Internet Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry
    >>>>> for the inconvience. etc .......
    >>>>>
    >>>>> IE Version 6.0.2900.2180
    >>>>>
    >>>>> Can anyobdy give some simple suggestions how to remedy this?
    >>>>>
    >>>>> I have been advised not to download IE version 7 ... without any reasons.
    >>>>>
    >>>>> Many, many thanks in advance. I'm a bit desperate here :)
    >>>>>
    >>>>>
    >>>>>
    >>>> I believe the original problems with IE7 are now fixed. Download it and
    >>>> install, it will take out version 6 and leave all your settings untouched.
    >>>>
    >>>
    >>>
    >>> But have they fixed the Favorites problem..?
    >>>
    >>> When you ADD to Favorites it only shows them in date listing, totally useless.
    >>>
    >>>
    >>> IE 6 shows them in name listing.
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>

    >> I have been using IE7 for months now. In using IE7 I noticed no changes
    >> other than the revised user interface. Certainly favourites was never
    >> in a different sequence. There is, IMHO, no reason why you should not
    >> install IE7.
    >>
    >> If anyone ever gives you advise on not installing anything always get
    >> the full reasons for that opinion.
    >>
    >> Crash.

    >
    >
    >
    > The Save Favorites are Fixed in Date order, not the same as IE 6, this is a well know fault, and has
    > been confirmed by users here.,.


    I can arrange them in any order I like and they stay that way. I must
    be doing something wrong.
    Jerry, Apr 16, 2007
    #19
  20. caught

    Ken Guest

    On Mon, 16 Apr 2007 14:16:07 +1200, Chris Hope <> wrote:

    >Ken wrote:
    >
    >[snip]
    >
    >>>>>I believe the original problems with IE7 are now fixed. Download it
    >>>>>and install, it will take out version 6 and leave all your settings
    >>>>>untouched.
    >>>>
    >>>>But have they fixed the Favorites problem..?
    >>>>
    >>>>When you ADD to Favorites it only shows them in date listing, totally
    >>>>useless.
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>>>IE 6 shows them in name listing.
    >>>
    >>>Hmmm ...... Have you right clicked?

    >>
    >> I don't have to as people here have reported the same problem..

    >
    >I've just tried this on both IE6 and IE7 and the favourites both appear
    >in the order in which you add them, *until* you right-click and then
    >click "sort by name". And then when I start adding more favourites they
    >again get added at the bottom until I once again right-click and choose
    >sort by name.




    The Added List does not allow a Right click at all, Please check the Add to Favorites list. not the
    Favorites list..
    Ken , Apr 16, 2007
    #20
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. Keith (Southend)

    Firefox keeps crashing?

    Keith (Southend), Sep 27, 2005, in forum: Firefox
    Replies:
    2
    Views:
    6,710
    Doug G
    Sep 28, 2005
  2. Replies:
    14
    Views:
    4,540
  3. albert muttuon

    Blueyonder slow in updating and keeps crashing

    albert muttuon, Oct 30, 2003, in forum: Computer Support
    Replies:
    4
    Views:
    4,691
    ┬░Mike┬░
    Oct 30, 2003
  4. fkissam

    Palm 4.1 upgrade keeps crashing

    fkissam, Nov 25, 2003, in forum: Computer Support
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    422
    fkissam
    Nov 25, 2003
  5. billy

    PC keeps crashing HELP!!

    billy, Jun 19, 2005, in forum: Computer Information
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    319
    David Van Mosselbeen
    Jun 19, 2005
Loading...

Share This Page