    IE. Hell, i dont even know for sure if it is IE that causes the problem.

    Thx,
    Jackal

    Jackal, Aug 1, 2003

  2. Jackal

    Boomer Guest

    Jackal said:

    > Hi People,
    >
    > Internet Explorer dusn't load any websites anymore. All settings are
    > (as far as i know) like they shoot be.
    > I dont have any virus, worm or other bad thing on my computer. I
    > think it is Internet Explorer itself. A few day ago i had to restart
    > my computer a couple of times, because Internet Explorer crashed.
    > Reading email (Outlook) or using a newsgroup, like i do now, isn't a
    > problem. I guess that i maybe shoot reinstall Internet Explorer, but
    > i think that i gonna loose all my settings from 'Outlook Express',
    > my modem settings, etc. Can somebody give me a little advice what to
    > do here. Or what i can check before i reïnstall IE. Hell, i dont
    > even know for sure if it is IE that causes the problem.
    >
    > Thx,
    > Jackal

    Error messages?
    When do the crashes occur?

    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    Boomer, Aug 1, 2003

  3. Jackal

    DC Guest

    Jackal wrote:

    > Hi People,
    >
    > Internet Explorer dusn't load any websites anymore. All settings are (as
    > far as i know) like they shoot be.
    > I dont have any virus, worm or other bad thing on my computer. I think
    > it is Internet Explorer itself. A few day ago i had to restart my
    > computer a couple of times, because Internet Explorer crashed. Reading
    > email (Outlook) or using a newsgroup, like i do now, isn't a problem. I
    > guess that i maybe shoot reinstall Internet Explorer, but i think that i
    > gonna loose all my settings from 'Outlook Express', my modem settings,
    > etc. Can somebody give me a little advice what to do here. Or what i can
    > check before i reïnstall IE. Hell, i dont even know for sure if it is IE
    > that causes the problem.

    In addition to providing details as to what (if any) error messages appear, you
    might consider that your firewall might be preventing IE from connecting to the
    web. Check your firewall settings.

    --
    DC

    Lately, I've been reading about penile enlargement and I'm thinking to myself:
    "Do we really need larger prisons?"

    DC, Aug 1, 2003
  4. Jackal

    Jackal Guest

    This happend a few times. It crashed with no reason. Just while surfing the
    internet. Pages wouldend load and after a while it gave me the message that
    Internet Explorer was crashed. But now i aint be able to load any pages. If
    you need more info on something, just ask.

    Jackal ..

    Jackal, Aug 1, 2003
  5. Jackal

    Boomer Guest

    Jackal said:

    > This happend a few times. It crashed with no reason. Just while
    > surfing the internet. Pages wouldend load and after a while it gave
    > me the message that Internet Explorer was crashed. But now i aint be
    > able to load any pages. If you need more info on something, just
    > ask.
    >
    > Jackal ..

    Have you cleaned out your cache, history, temp and cookie files?
    (Restart the computer first, then clean.)

    Have you done a _thorough_ scan disk and then defrag lately?

    Ran your antivirus program? Ad-aware? Any screen saver's running in the
    background?
    Find Fast enabled (MSOffice)? My Documents folder full?
    Firewall? Norton products installed? Any newly installed programs?

    Here's a few links than may help with cleaning up your HD
    if you think that may be an issue.
    http://www.infinisource.com/techfiles/clean_hd.html
    http://members.aol.com/mswebbie/space.htm
    http://www.toejumper.net/maintain4/del4.htm

    Hope these tips help.

    Boomer, Aug 1, 2003
  6. Jackal

    trout Guest

    Re: IE dusn't load websites anymore.

    Jackal wrote:

    > Hi People,
    >
    > Internet Explorer dusn't load any websites anymore. All settings are
    > (as far as i know) like they shoot be.
    > I dont have any virus, worm or other bad thing on my computer. I
    > think it is Internet Explorer itself. A few day ago i had to restart
    > my computer a couple of times, because Internet Explorer crashed.
    > Reading email (Outlook) or using a newsgroup, like i do now, isn't a
    > problem. I guess that i maybe shoot reinstall Internet Explorer, but
    > i think that i gonna loose all my settings from 'Outlook Express', my
    > modem settings, etc. Can somebody give me a little advice what to do
    > here. Or what i can check before i reïnstall IE. Hell, i dont even
    > know for sure if it is IE that causes the problem.
    >
    > Thx,
    > Jackal

    What OS you using?
    --
    "Mildly surprised that no one has asked."

    trout, Aug 1, 2003
  7. Jackal

    Jackal Guest

    Re: IE dusn't load websites anymore.

    I have XP(home) and no FireWall. So that cant be it. But u wonna know
    something guys.
    Internet Explorer loads the pages again. I did nothing to solve the problem
    yet. But im afraid the problem comes back.
    Any idea what this cab be?

    Jackal

    Jackal, Aug 1, 2003
  8. Jackal

    Kuniko Combs Guest

    Jackal wrote:
    > I have XP(home) and no FireWall. So that cant be it. But u wonna know
    > something guys.
    > Internet Explorer loads the pages again. I did nothing to solve the
    > problem yet. But im afraid the problem comes back.
    > Any idea what this cab be?

    Yes. It's called fuckwittery.

    > Jackal
    >

    > "trout" <> schreef in bericht
    >> Jackal wrote:
    >>
    >>> Hi People,
    >>>
    >>> Internet Explorer dusn't load any websites anymore. All settings are
    >>> (as far as i know) like they shoot be.
    >>> I dont have any virus, worm or other bad thing on my computer. I
    >>> think it is Internet Explorer itself. A few day ago i had to restart
    >>> my computer a couple of times, because Internet Explorer crashed.
    >>> Reading email (Outlook) or using a newsgroup, like i do now, isn't a
    >>> problem. I guess that i maybe shoot reinstall Internet Explorer, but
    >>> i think that i gonna loose all my settings from 'Outlook Express',
    >>> my modem settings, etc. Can somebody give me a little advice what
    >>> to do here. Or what i can check before i reïnstall IE. Hell, i dont
    >>> even know for sure if it is IE that causes the problem.
    >>>
    >>> Thx,
    >>> Jackal

    Kuniko Combs, Aug 1, 2003