    D. G. Guest

    IS THERE A PROGRAM THAT WOULD AUTOMATICALLY START NEWSGROUP MOVIE CLIP POSTS
    OR CAN I DO IT MANUALLY?

    D. G., Oct 18, 2003

  2. D. G.

    Malev Guest

    On Sat, 18 Oct 2003 13:03:28 GMT, "D. G." <> wrote:

    >IS T

    Quit shouting

    Malev, Oct 18, 2003

  3. D. G.

    °Mike° Guest

    °Mike°, Oct 18, 2003
  4. D. G.

    Orion Guest

    wrote:

    >IS THERE A PROGRAM THAT WOULD AUTOMATICALLY START NEWSGROUP MOVIE CLIP POSTS
    >OR CAN I DO IT MANUALLY?

    you need to have a usenet reader that converts the binary for you. if
    yours doesn't, switch to one that does. i reccoomend free agent (it's
    free, unobtrusive, and does pretty much everything you want). find it
    on google.

    once you've downloaded the video files off of usenet, you'll often
    have to join them using winrar. so, go on-line and download a
    programme called 'winrar.exe' and install it.

    once you've done that, you should just have to double-click the first
    file of the series and winrar should kick in automatically and
    decompress the whole thing into one video file.

    if the file isn't compressed, then double-clicking on it will just
    bring up your media viewer of choice.

    now, the last thing you need to do is keep up on your codecs. if you
    already know what codecs are, skip this paragraph. if not: video files
    come in many, many flavours. your viewer (probably MS Media Player)
    can't necessarily decode all of them. it's like shoving a CD in DVD
    player, or a beta tape in a VHS machine. codecs allow your computer to
    read and understand different kinds of video formats.

    you have to install new codecs as they come out (people are
    constantly rewritting them to fit more information into a smaller
    space with higher quality, etc.). if you don't want to do the leg-work
    and find individual codecs (which can be a pain), you can just install
    something called the 'defilerpak' (again, look on google for
    'defilerpak.exe'). it should install most if not all of the codecs you
    need.

    if you're still having problems after all that, then come back.

    btw: STOP SHOUTING.

    Orion, Oct 18, 2003