    using my sony DVD writer?

    it's the only one i have......
    , Feb 20, 2006

  2. beavis Guest

    In article <>,
    <> wrote:

    > i can't play the DVD's I I burned to a maxell DVD-r to play in my
    > mintek 1600,but they will play in my sony in the computer.
    > and the maxell dvd+r also will not play in my mintek dvd player...

    Maxell media are absolutely the *worst* blank media, CD or DVD, that
    you can possibly buy. Nothing is less reliable nor less compatible
    with other players.

    Between DVD+R and DVD-R, the DVD-R are more likely to work in a home
    DVD player. Slowing down the burn speed may also help compatibility
    with some players.

    Do keep in mind that the Mintek 1600 is a very basic player, and is not
    nearly as flexible about the media it can handle as a more
    full-featured player. But, that said...

    > what ones will actually play in my mintek 1600 burner,IF I burned them
    > using my sony DVD writer?

    If you can buy in bulk, you can get a 100-pack of Taiyo-Yuden DVD-R
    media from meritline.com or supermediastore.com for around $35 shipped;
    probably less. If any DVD-R is going to work in that Mintek, this is
    the brand that will.

    If you need smaller quantities or have to buy retail, Verbatim DVD-R
    might work too. I've had poor results with TDK DVD-R as well in home
    players; they seem to work great on computers, but not consumer
    players.

    You should take a look at http://www.videohelp.com/ too. They have a
    database of players and burners, and it will help you figure out what
    others have had success with. Unfortunately there aren't too many
    reports on that specific player, so it's hard to judge what's most
    compatible.

    Good luck. I really think the cheap media is your issue here, assuming
    you're authoring the DVDs properly as regular DVD Video discs, and not
    simply dumping video files (.mpg, .wmv, etc.) directly onto the discs.
    beavis, Feb 20, 2006