    Any help would be appreciated.

    - Marc

    , Mar 25, 2005

  2. CWCunningham Guest

    Re: I GET ERROR 1324 INSTALLING PSP 7.

    "Program files" and "My Pictures" have one thing in common ... the space.
    When installing, just install to somewhere besides the default ... IE: C:\psp7
    and this problem should disappear.

    --
    CWC
    ============================

    CWCunningham, Mar 25, 2005

  3. Henry Guest

    wrote:

    > Hello,
    >
    > When I try to install Jasc Paint Shop Pro 7, it starts installing for
    > about 2 minutes, then it gets to the "Install" screen and stops with
    > the error message:

    I think you need to learn about USENET and crossposting first.

    You've crossposted to several groups that have absolutely nothing
    to do with Paint Shop Pro.

    Do you have to demonstrate some sort of stupidity level before
    Google will let you use their services ?

    Henry, Mar 25, 2005
  4. Steve Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > Hello,
    >
    > When I try to install Jasc Paint Shop Pro 7, it starts installing for
    > about 2 minutes, then it gets to the "Install" screen and stops with
    > the error message:
    >
    > Error 1324. The path Program Files contains an invalid character.
    >
    > There was one previous post on this, from 2002, but it didn't have a
    > definite answer. Also, in that post it said that the path "My
    > Pictures" had an illegal character.
    >
    > Any help would be appreciated.
    >
    > - Marc

    Try accessing the psp newsgroups at: cnews.corel.com . That is where the
    psp newsgroups moved to and someone there can probably help.

    Steve, Mar 25, 2005
  5. Bill Hilton Guest

    Re: HELP: I GET ERROR 1324 INSTALLING PSP 7.

    >When I try to install Jasc Paint Shop Pro 7, it starts installing for
    >about 2 minutes, then it gets to the "Install" screen and stops with
    >the error message

    You are lucky it stops before actually loading. Unfortunately for me I
    was able to load a trial copy. Then PSP wouldn't open any of my 16 bit
    files so I had to use a real editor and convert them to 8 bits first.
    Then it stripped off any ICC profiles I had tagged files with except
    for sRGB. Then I deleted it from my system and all was well again.

    Bill Hilton, Mar 25, 2005
  6. Destin_FL Guest

    Yeah crossposting is a sin.... the other sin is sitting in a little dark room in
    your underwear, all alone, cowering behind your computer, somehow believing that
    society elected you the USENET cop. Here's a rule of thumb for the Usenet: If
    you don't have a useful and helpful response for the original poster, don't
    respond at all.

    Tim

    Destin_FL, Mar 26, 2005
  7. Hecate Guest

    On 25 Mar 2005 08:00:27 -0800, wrote:

    >Hello,
    >
    >When I try to install Jasc Paint Shop Pro 7, it starts installing for
    >about 2 minutes, then it gets to the "Install" screen and stops with
    >the error message:
    >
    > Error 1324. The path Program Files contains an invalid character.
    >
    >There was one previous post on this, from 2002, but it didn't have a
    >definite answer. Also, in that post it said that the path "My
    >Pictures" had an illegal character.
    >
    >Any help would be appreciated.

    I suspect that it's due to the fact that you can't read, which is also
    why you posted in a Photoshop newsgroup.

    --

    Hecate - The Real One

    Hecate, Mar 26, 2005
  8. Henry Guest

    Destin_FL wrote:

    > Yeah crossposting is a sin.... the other sin is sitting in a little dark room in
    > your underwear, all alone, cowering behind your computer, somehow believing that
    > society elected you the USENET cop. Here's a rule of thumb for the Usenet: If
    > you don't have a useful and helpful response for the original poster, don't
    > respond at all.
    >
    > Tim

    Thanks for telling me I can't protest when people crosspost.

    I guess I should play by your rules then so people like
    you don't come down on me.. huh ?

    Not likely Tim. You Fucking tardo idiot !

    Henry, Mar 26, 2005
  9. Guest

    Re: HELP: I GET ERROR 1324 INSTALLING PSP 7.

    Well Tim, Henery is right one should have some sense of what he is
    doing, what's the logic between PSP and GIMP anyway??

    , Mar 26, 2005
  10. Destin_FL Guest

    Re: HELP: I GET ERROR 1324 INSTALLING PSP 7.

    I agree with that completely.... there is no relation in the groups he
    crossposted to. But folks should also try to remember that the entire purpose
    of the usenet is to actually HELP people who need help. People who obviously do
    not know as much as others, thus their asking the questions in the first
    place.... The usenet has become FULL of people like Henry who fancy themselves
    experts on not only certain topics, but the usenet itself. They then run amok
    in the groups as self-appointed cops, berating the very people who need the help
    the most for asking questions, or forming questions, in a way that the Henrys of
    the world don't like.

    Then they lower themsleves with lines like this one:
    "Not likely Tim. You Fucking tardo idiot !"

    Forever showing the rest of the world exactly the sort of person they are.
    Alone, not loved or appreciated by anyone. What a sad shame. Yes, the original
    poster could have done things better or at least differently, but he will more
    likely become someone who just walks away feeling as though the usenet is full
    of intolerable, hateful people. It is amazing how much effect a few really bad
    apples have on such a great avenue of communication.

    Destin_FL, Mar 26, 2005
  11. Guest

    Re: HELP: I GET ERROR 1324 INSTALLING PSP 7.

    Yawn, what a crock of shit. Many people are sick to death of
    helping illiterate "gimme, gimme" dorks like the OP who are simply too
    damn lazy to do a simple search at any major engine for the reams of
    information available.
    Yet many are repeatedly helped anyway, especially by the extremely
    helpful denizens of the LW community. Please spare us your unrealistic
    BS definitions of the net. Just provide us an FTP site where all of the
    rest of us on usenet can forward these lazy people's whining posts for
    information that could have been found just by looking for it and you
    can help them all yourself, save usenet and drive yourself crazy with
    the same requests over and over from the same losers.
    BTW, just to lower myself to a level that will feed your
    self-righteousness, I think you're a douchebag too.
    Dave

    , Mar 26, 2005
  12. Uni Guest

    wrote:

    > Hello,
    >
    > When I try to install Jasc Paint Shop Pro 7, it starts installing for
    > about 2 minutes, then it gets to the "Install" screen and stops with
    > the error message:
    >
    > Error 1324. The path Program Files contains an invalid character.

    Sounds like an identity theft problem to me.

    :)

    Uni

    Uni, Mar 26, 2005
  13. Re: I GET ERROR 1324 INSTALLING PSP 7.

    <> wrote in message
    > Hello,
    >
    > When I try to install Jasc Paint Shop Pro 7, it starts installing for
    > about 2 minutes, then it gets to the "Install" screen and stops with
    > the error message:
    >
    > Error 1324. The path Program Files contains an invalid character.
    >
    > There was one previous post on this, from 2002, but it didn't have a
    > definite answer. Also, in that post it said that the path "My
    > Pictures" had an illegal character.
    >
    > Any help would be appreciated.
    >
    > - Marc

    You didn't specify the OS. But on the assumption that somehow your Windows
    installation isn't working properly with long filenames (and by extension,
    folders with spaces), there might be a workaround.

    The MS-DOS equivalent for the C:\Program Files directory is usually
    C:\PROGRA~1. Also, the MS-DOS equivalent for C:\My Documents is usually
    C:\MYDOCU~1, and MS-DOS equivalent for C:\My Pictures is usually
    C:\MYPICT~1.

    So, you could try specifying the MS-DOS equivalent folder name, C:\PROGRA~1,
    instead of using C:\Program Files.

    Otherwise, just don't install to C:\Program Files at all... you could
    specify C:\PSP7 as an alternate path (for example).

    Obligatory Disclaimer: use of this information is at your own risk, without
    any express or implied warranty. I am not responsible for any system crashes
    or data loss as the result of following this information.

    Daniel W. Rouse Jr., Mar 26, 2005
  14. Jim Townsend Guest

    Off topic posts - was Re: HELP: I GET ERROR 1324 INSTALLING PPS 7.

    Destin_FL wrote:

    > I agree with that completely.... there is no relation in the groups he
    > crossposted to. But folks should also try to remember that the entire purpose
    > of the usenet is to actually HELP people who need help.

    I think the followers of rec.photo.digital are a little more
    sensitive to crossposting than other groups since we have a mentally
    disturbed troll who's made it his life's ambition to disrupt this group
    by crossposting.

    He does this by crossposting an obscene topic to a dozen groups and making
    sure the 'follow up' come to rec.photo.digital. He always posts to
    completely off topic groups like alt.woodworking and alt.dentistry

    The fact that people rarely pay attention to the headers results in dozens
    of off topic replies coming back to rec.photo.digital every day.

    You might have noticed today there are posts titled 'Show us your tits'
    and others with a racial slur. This is the troll. He's been doing
    this almost every day for going on two years. It's just one person on
    a quest.

    When he's off his meds, posts like this get up in the hundreds per day.
    It gets difficult scrolling through all the off topic crossposts with
    gross titles trying to find the on topic ones. It will happen again.

    This has caused some good people to unsubscribe from the group.
    There's little that can be done, because Google won't act on
    the complaints.

    I don't think the original post was from the troll. Despite
    posting from Google, the guy was probably a newbie and thought
    he'd ask the question on every group that had graphics in the name.

    I'm not agreeing with the person who complained about crossposting.
    I'm just pointing out that because some serious crossposting attacks,
    have occurred in rec.photo.digital (and will occur again) has probably
    made r.p.d far more gun shy than most groups when it comes to
    crossposting.

    Jim Townsend, Mar 26, 2005
  15. Ken Davey Guest

    wrote:
    > Yawn, what a crock of shit. Many people are sick to death of
    > helping illiterate "gimme, gimme" dorks like the OP who are simply too
    > damn lazy to do a simple search at any major engine for the reams of
    > information available.
    > Yet many are repeatedly helped anyway, especially by the extremely
    > helpful denizens of the LW community. Please spare us your unrealistic
    > BS definitions of the net. Just provide us an FTP site where all of
    > the rest of us on usenet can forward these lazy people's whining
    > posts for information that could have been found just by looking for
    > it and you can help them all yourself, save usenet and drive yourself
    > crazy with the same requests over and over from the same losers.
    > BTW, just to lower myself to a level that will feed your
    > self-righteousness, I think you're a douchebag too.
    > Dave

    Not knowing which group you are posting I will not snip those.
    I now know where to send *you* if you ever have a question - not that I will
    ever know (plonk).

    --
    http://www.rupert.net/~solar
    Return address supplied by 'spammotel'

    Ken Davey, Mar 26, 2005
  16. Guest

    Re: HELP: I GET ERROR 1324 INSTALLING PSP 7.

    Dave, I was thinking you didnt have a clue of what you were writing,
    BTW I am not going down to your "selfless - righteousness". I am not
    sure if badmouthing is you way to help

    GO get HELP !!

    Destin_Fl
    "
    he world don't like.
    "Not likely Tim. You ___________t !"

    Just to add I am not supporting any of that stuff, BTW and I am also
    new to
    the usenet. though I had used forum previously.

    Got one lesson today not to corsspost on a cross post ;)

    , Mar 27, 2005
  17. On 25 Mar 2005 08:00:27 -0800, in several off-topic newsgroups,
    wrote:

    > Newsgroups: comp.graphics.apps.paint-shop-pro,
    > comp.graphics.apps.photoshop,
    > comp.graphics.apps.lightwave,
    > comp.graphics.apps.gimp,
    > rec.photo.digital
    > Subject: HELP: I GET ERROR 1324 INSTALLING PSP 7.

    [snip]

    And this has precisely *what* to do with Photoshop? Or Lightwave? Or The
    GIMP? Or digital photography in general?

    Some of the remedial Usenet 101 lessons you quite obviously so desperately
    need can be had at (in no particular order):

    <http://www.ibiblio.org/usenet-i/usenet-help.html>
    <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usenet>
    <http://www.softdevlabs.com/Usenet101.html>
    <http://www.newsville.com/news/usenet.faq.html>
    <ftp://rtfm.mit.edu/pub/usenet-by-group/news.groups/NEW_USERS_PLEASE_READ_[news.groups]>
    <ftp://rtfm.mit.edu/pub/usenet-by-group/news.groups/How_to_find_the_right_place_to_post_%28FAQ%29>
    <ftp://rtfm.mit.edu/pub/usenet-by-group/news.groups/Usenet_Info_Center_FAQ>
    <http://vancouver-webpages.com/nnq/>
    <http://www.its.caltech.edu/its/services/internetapps/news/news1.shtml>
    <http://www.faqs.org/faqs/usenet/emily-postnews/part1/>

    HTH. HAND. RTFM. FOAD.

    --

    Jay T. Blocksom
    --------------------------------

    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759.
    Unsolicited advertising sent to this domain is expressly prohibited under
    47 USC S227 and State Law. Violators are subject to prosecution.

    Jay T. Blocksom, Mar 28, 2005
  18. On Fri, 25 Mar 2005 18:29:50 -0600, in several off-topic newsgroups,
    "Destin_FL" <> wrote:

    > From: "Destin_FL" <>
    > Newsgroups: comp.graphics.apps.paint-shop-pro,
    > comp.graphics.apps.lightwave,
    > comp.graphics.apps.gimp,
    > rec.photo.digital

    [snip]

    > Yeah crossposting is a sin.... the other sin is sitting in a little dark
    > room in your underwear, all alone, cowering behind your computer, somehow
    > believing that society elected you the USENET cop.

    [snip]

    Said by a top-posting, full-quoting, MSOE-using mouth-breather...

    --

    Jay T. Blocksom
    --------------------------------

    Jay T. Blocksom, Mar 28, 2005
  19. Guest

    Re: HELP: I GET ERROR 1324 INSTALLING PSP 7.

    I'm not stupid. I don't know anything about PSP and I needed to get it
    installed. Posting to several "comp.graphics" groups maximized the
    number of people who would read my question, which increases the
    probability of getting an answer.

    "Usenet" may be part of a bygone world. It is not necessary to know
    anything about "Usenet" in order to profitably use group-search.
    Google provides for cross-posting to 5 groups. If cross-posting is
    such a terrible sin, maybe you should take it up with Google.

    , Apr 22, 2005
  20. Guest

    Re: HELP: I GET ERROR 1324 INSTALLING PSP 7.

    Thank you. I didn't expect so much hostility on a non-political group.
    In areas where I have knowledge, I provide it freely to others. That
    is what the Internet is all about.

    , Apr 22, 2005