    Has anyone else had this problem
    Any help appreciated.
    Julie

    JJ, Dec 7, 2003

  2. JJ

    Peter Guest

    "JJ" <johnfitzATclear.net.nz> wrote:
    > Hi.
    > When I try to access some websites, I have started getting an error
    > message "code=SERVER_RESPONSE_RESET] The server response could not be read
    > because of an error. Contact your system administrator. "
    > Also I get the Page Cannot be Displayed with the " HTTP 500 - Internal
    > server error
    > Internet Explorer "
    > Strange thing is when I try to connect to say Trademe I get the home page
    > but when I try to login these pages and errors come up.
    > Has anyone else had this problem
    > Any help appreciated.
    > Julie

    When you say "websites", do you mean just the login pages of Trademe, or are
    there other websites giving you this trouble? If so, can you please post
    URLs.

    As a wild guess, is it a cookie problem? Do you need cookies turned on for
    Trademe, but you have them turned off (eg with a cookie manager).

    HTH

    Peter

    Peter, Dec 7, 2003

  3. JJ

    Enkidu Guest

    On Sun, 7 Dec 2003 21:28:44 +1300, "JJ" <johnfitzATclear.net.nz>
    wrote:

    >Hi.
    >When I try to access some websites, I have started getting an error message
    >"code=SERVER_RESPONSE_RESET] The server response could not be read because
    >of an error. Contact your system administrator. "
    >Also I get the Page Cannot be Displayed with the " HTTP 500 - Internal
    >server error
    >Internet Explorer "
    >Strange thing is when I try to connect to say Trademe I get the home page
    >but when I try to login these pages and errors come up.
    >Has anyone else had this problem
    >Any help appreciated.

    Server 500 errors are usually problems at the server end. It is
    possible the site has problems.

    Cheers,

    Cliff

    that the conspiracy is working.

    Enkidu, Dec 7, 2003
  4. JJ

    E. Guest

    JJ wrote:
    > Hi.
    > When I try to access some websites, I have started getting an error message
    > "code=SERVER_RESPONSE_RESET] The server response could not be read because
    > of an error. Contact your system administrator. "
    > Also I get the Page Cannot be Displayed with the " HTTP 500 - Internal
    > server error
    > Internet Explorer "
    > Strange thing is when I try to connect to say Trademe I get the home page
    > but when I try to login these pages and errors come up.
    > Has anyone else had this problem
    > Any help appreciated.
    > Julie

    having "do not save encrypted pages to disk" checked can cause this type
    of error.
    To remedy:
    Open IE,
    Tools menu, Internet Options, Advanced tab, scroll down and untick "do
    not save encr...." if it is ticked.
    E.

    E., Dec 8, 2003