HELP ! HP Installation CD for a Scanjet 5470C/5490C

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by zipdisk@clearxxxx.net.nz, Jun 7, 2006.

  1. Guest

    I have seems to have misplaced my Windows CD, the one that I found was the MAC
    one..

    I can get all the drivers from the HP Web Site but not the Photo Scan software
    or OCD that this scanner supports, its on the Installation CD, from what I
    have read.

    If some one could get me a copy it would be appreciated, or how to get one
    from HP..

    Tried HP support, cost me $30, totally useless all they sent me was a Driver
    on a CD, plus all the help desk staff do not speak English that well.

    Can any one help, as I do not mind paying..

    Thanks..
    , Jun 7, 2006

  2. Beefhooked Guest

    Beefhooked, Jun 7, 2006

  3. Beefhooked Guest

    Beefhooked, Jun 7, 2006
  4. Anthony Guest

    Hi,

    I know I have the disks for the 5470c around here somewhere... I'll track
    it down tommorrow. Drop me an email with your details and I'll make a copy
    and post it to you... Remove the numbers from
    the address!

    Anthony

    Anthony, Jun 7, 2006
  5. Avery Guest

    On Wed, 07 Jun 2006 12:16:46 GMT, "Anthony" <> wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    > I know I have the disks for the 5470c around here somewhere... I'll track
    >it down tommorrow. Drop me an email with your details and I'll make a copy
    >and post it to you... Remove the numbers from
    >the address!
    >
    > Anthony

    Now that's the sort of stuff that usenet was built on - even if it was
    top posted.
    Avery, Jun 7, 2006
  6. Guest

    , Jun 7, 2006
  7. CSM1 Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > On Wed, 07 Jun 2006 07:31:58 GMT, "Beefhooked"
    > <>
    > wrote:
    >

    >><> wrote in message
    >>
    >>Free download here - 59 mb though
    >>http://www.opendrivers.com/driver/2...ers-precisionscan-pro-3.13-free-download.html
    >>
    >>cheers
    >>Gary
    >>

    > Thanks but that is Only the Driver, I need the Full Installation CD..

    What do you need that is not available as a download from HP?

    Software for Scanjet 5470. USA
    http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/...us&dlc=en&submit.y=8&submit.x=6&lang=en&cc=us

    HP support page. USA
    http://welcome.hp.com/country/us/en/support.html

    HP support Page, New Zealand.
    http://welcome.hp.com/country/nz/en/support.html?pageDisplay=drivers

    If you want to buy a CD you have to contact HP directly.
    Call and ask for a CD.
    This is a list of International contact addresses and phone numbers.
    http://welcome.hp.com/country/us/en/Worldwide_Dir5.pdf

    This is the New Zealand web site for HP.
    http://welcome.hp.com/country/nz/en/welcome.html

    Software and Drivers for the Scanjet 5470. New Zealand
    http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/...nz&dlc=en&submit.y=9&submit.x=8&lang=en&cc=nz

    Scanjet 5490 New Zealand
    http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/...nz&dlc=en&submit.y=9&submit.x=5&lang=en&cc=nz

    --
    CSM1
    http://www.carlmcmillan.com
    CSM1, Jun 7, 2006
  8. Guest

    On Wed, 07 Jun 2006 22:05:44 GMT, "CSM1" <> wrote:

    ><> wrote in message
    >> On Wed, 07 Jun 2006 07:31:58 GMT, "Beefhooked"
    >> <>
    >> wrote:
    >>

    >>><> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>>Free download here - 59 mb though
    >>>http://www.opendrivers.com/driver/2...ers-precisionscan-pro-3.13-free-download.html
    >>>
    >>>cheers
    >>>Gary
    >>>

    >> Thanks but that is Only the Driver, I need the Full Installation CD..
    >>

    >What do you need that is not available as a download from HP?

    The Installation CD..

    >Software for Scanjet 5470. USA
    >http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/...us&dlc=en&submit.y=8&submit.x=6&lang=en&cc=us

    Only Drivers.

    >HP support page. USA
    >http://welcome.hp.com/country/us/en/support.html
    >
    >HP support Page, New Zealand.
    >http://welcome.hp.com/country/nz/en/support.html?pageDisplay=drivers

    Only Drivers.

    >If you want to buy a CD you have to contact HP directly.
    >Call and ask for a CD.
    >This is a list of International contact addresses and phone numbers.
    >http://welcome.hp.com/country/us/en/Worldwide_Dir5.pdf

    Did all that, Only Driver support.

    >This is the New Zealand web site for HP.
    >http://welcome.hp.com/country/nz/en/welcome.html

    Yes left them a e-mail, No reply.

    >Software and Drivers for the Scanjet 5470. New Zealand
    >http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/...nz&dlc=en&submit.y=9&submit.x=8&lang=en&cc=nz
    >
    >Scanjet 5490 New Zealand
    >http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/...nz&dlc=en&submit.y=9&submit.x=5&lang=en&cc=nz
    >
    >--
    >CSM1
    >http://www.carlmcmillan.com

    Been there done all that HP can't help, plus it does not have the Commercial
    Applications that come on the Install CD, like Corel and OCD stuff.

    They ONLY Have Drivers on there Web site..
    , Jun 8, 2006
  9. CSM1 Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > On Wed, 07 Jun 2006 22:05:44 GMT, "CSM1" <> wrote:
    >
    >><> wrote in message
    >>> On Wed, 07 Jun 2006 07:31:58 GMT, "Beefhooked"
    >>> <>

    >>> Thanks but that is Only the Driver, I need the Full Installation CD..
    >>>

    >>What do you need that is not available as a download from HP?

    > The Installation CD..
    >
    >>Software for Scanjet 5470. USA
    >>http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/...us&dlc=en&submit.y=8&submit.x=6&lang=en&cc=us

    > Only Drivers.
    >
    >>HP support page. USA
    >>http://welcome.hp.com/country/us/en/support.html
    >>
    >>HP support Page, New Zealand.
    >>http://welcome.hp.com/country/nz/en/support.html?pageDisplay=drivers

    > Only Drivers.
    >
    >>If you want to buy a CD you have to contact HP directly.
    >>Call and ask for a CD.
    >>This is a list of International contact addresses and phone numbers.
    >>http://welcome.hp.com/country/us/en/Worldwide_Dir5.pdf

    > Did all that, Only Driver support.
    >
    >>This is the New Zealand web site for HP.
    >>http://welcome.hp.com/country/nz/en/welcome.html

    > Yes left them a e-mail, No reply.

    Use the telephone, It works better when you speak to a human.

    >>Software and Drivers for the Scanjet 5470. New Zealand
    >>http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/...nz&dlc=en&submit.y=9&submit.x=8&lang=en&cc=nz
    >>
    >>Scanjet 5490 New Zealand
    >>http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/...nz&dlc=en&submit.y=9&submit.x=5&lang=en&cc=nz
    >>
    >>--
    >>CSM1
    >>http://www.carlmcmillan.com

    > Been there done all that HP can't help, plus it does not have the
    > Commercial
    > Applications that come on the Install CD, like Corel and OCD stuff.

    OCD?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Obsessive_compulsive_disorder

    I think you mean OCR (Optical character recognition)
    Omnipage Pro 15 is about a good as OCR gets at this time.
    http://www.nuance.com/omnipage/

    What Corel? Corel makes lots of software. Maybe you are looking for Corel
    Paint Shop.
    http://www.corel.com/servlet/Satellite?pagename=Corel3/Products/Display&pfid=1047024307383

    Right!
    You are looking for FREE software.
    http://graphicssoft.about.com/cs/imageediting/tp/freephotoedw.htm

    Trial versions of ABBYY software.
    http://download.abbyy.com/content/default.aspx

    Trial version of Photoshop Elements 4.0
    http://www.adobe.com/products/tryadobe/main.jsp#product=40

    Press release.
    http://www.abbyy.com/press/press_releases.asp?param=2570

    Then check out this free OCR software.
    It will not do what a commercial package will do.
    http://www.simpleocr.com/

    Free Photo editor:
    http://picasa.google.com/

    --