Help!!How to upgrade campus manager 3.1 in ciscoworks 2000 LMS to campus manager 3.3?

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by zll9527, Feb 20, 2004.

  1. zll9527

    zll9527 Guest

    I have successfully installed ciscoworks 2000 LMS include Campus
    manager 3.1,after that,we meet a problem! what devices we have are all
    Catalyst 2950,3550,4506 Switch. In campus manager 3.1--topology
    service---layer 2 view,
    we can't find any device in topology ;but in my discovery log,we can
    see all device have been found. through reading doc in
    www.cisco.com,we found that campus manger 3.1 can't support device
    such as 2950,3550.what I want to know is

    1: is the reason that we can't see the layer 2 topology campus
    manager version too old??

    2: How can i upgrade the version from 3.1 to 3.3,we have login
    cisco.com using
    CCO, but we didn't find any useful pakage,anyone can tell me???

    Thank all!!!!

    zll9527, Feb 20, 2004

  2. zll9527

    Clark_Harris Guest

    What version of Java Runtime are your client machines (meaning the machines
    browsing to the CW2k server) running? Are the devices listed in the
    "unconnected device" view, or shown as 'unreachable' in your discovery
    listing? Are the snmp community strings the same for all of those devices?
    What exactly does it show in your Campus Manager Topo services map for
    layer-2? nothing or everything except those switch devices.

    I know that CW2000 must run with JRE 1.3.1, and is very buggy and funky
    without it. Those devices, should respond to CISCO propriety MIBs, so should
    show up using the map regardless as at least a box and question mark.

    http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/rtrmgmt/cw2000/camp_mgr/sup_dev/dev_spt.htm
    Shows campus mgr 3.1 able to support 3500 series switches (in IP mode) along
    with the others you mentioned. Ensure though that you read the footnotes as
    marked, as some devices require a certain software version.

    Make sure the devices have the following commands as well

    snmp-server community {string} {ro/rw}
    snmp-server host aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd {Read-only community string}

    granted these commands depend on software version, but they or equivalent
    must be entered, and preferably the same throughout your management area.
    Also, CDP must be enabled on the device to see/contact/discover. DNS entries
    are also a must.

    Im sure you have probably covered all of this, but since the release info
    you n campus 3.1 states those devices are supported, these were a few Ideas
    I came up with. Is there a possibility that those switches, assumably EBNs
    have different SNMP strings?

    also, try downloading and installing the latest device packages through the
    CCO feature and see what you come up with.

    Maybe you could post a show run/config on a sample machine and let me take a
    look.

    v/r
    --
    Roger Hilt