    Anybody can help?

    Thx ahead.

    EL
    EL, Jul 6, 2005

  2. EL

    pcbutts1 Guest

    EL <> wrote:

    > I have an IBM PC which konks off now and then.

    What is an ibm pc good for?

    > Since the DVD Rom drive is not working, I have problem to get the PC to
    > read the boot disk (ie the IBM recovery disk) to reset the machine.

    Wow, who hasn't, EL.

    > I do have an external CD writer & am wondering what can I do to get the
    > PC to boot from this external device instead?

    I bet you do!

    > Anybody can help?

    You will have to look elsewhere for help.

    > Thx ahead.

    Reread your statement.

    > EL.

    Classic erroneous presupposition by someone who is overbearing, EL.
    pcbutts1, Jul 6, 2005

  3. EL

    Brian Guest

    Check your bios settings and see if you can select the external device as a
    bootable device then try booting to the recovery cd. The bios should have
    boot options available, otherwise replace the DVD drive (and hard drive if
    it's knocking) and try again.
    Brian, Jul 9, 2005