Help how to manually Focus Panasonic 3CCD Camcorder?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Andrew, Jan 11, 2005.

  1. Andrew

    Andrew Guest

    Hello
    Recently took a trip to my local sears and purchased a Panasonic
    PV-GS120, Had been using an Older Model Sony TRV10 DV Camcorder " Which
    Recently Went Defunct"
    One of the things i have noticed, is there is no manual focus ability
    with this particular camera.
    The previous Sony had the ability to turn the lens in order to focus on
    smaller objects
    This one has a Fixed inner ring and what appears to be a somewhat
    flimsy outer ring " Which when turned 6 or 7 times actually Gets
    Detached.
    there is the same Auto Focus/Manual Focus Button, But once pressed can
    do nothing in the way of making the manual focus Operate
    Does anyone have experience with this particular Model and if So Have
    they Successfully gotten the Manual Focus to operate?

    I read the reviews and took all the advice to heart
    with this purchase" Nothing but glowing comments"

    The Picture looks twice as good as the previous Sony, But now im afraid
    i made a bad choice due to the limited Focus ability

    Any Help or info would be immensely appreciated
    Thank you in advance

    Andrew
    Andrew, Jan 11, 2005

  2. "Andrew" <> wrote in message
    > Hello
    > Recently took a trip to my local sears and purchased a Panasonic
    > PV-GS120, Had been using an Older Model Sony TRV10 DV Camcorder " Which
    > Recently Went Defunct"
    > One of the things i have noticed, is there is no manual focus ability
    > with this particular camera.

    I think you need to upgrade to the GS200 if you want manual focus, and 3CCD
    results.
    --
    M Stewart
    Milton Keynes, UK
    Malcolm Stewart, Jan 11, 2005

  3. Andrew

    Frank Vuotto Guest

    >I think you need to upgrade to the GS200 if you want manual focus, and 3CCD
    >results.

    No, the 200 has a handy focus ring and the 120 mf uses the <<Enter>>
    button. It's in the manual along with other interesting stuff.

    Frank /~ http://newmex.com/f10
    @/
    Frank Vuotto, Jan 11, 2005