    --
    The Toe Pages:
    http://www.rubbertoe.com

    Robert J Batina, Nov 17, 2004

  2. Robert J Batina

    Hornbill Guest

    Re: How to disassemble Canon A70?

    You are a hero! When you have gone thru everything. Write up an article.
    Many may want to follow.

    "Robert J Batina" <> wrote in message
    > Canon A70 PowerShot
    >
    > There are a bunch of teeny screws in this thing, but I still don't think
    > I've taken all of them out, enough so that I can pry the case apart to see
    > the guts. The little pins in the CF card slot got mashed, and I'm

    thinking
    > about digging around and trying to fix it myself... I just don't wanna
    > crack the case or cut a wire in the process.
    >
    > Anyone have a handy-dandy "how to" page with details for disassembling

    this

    Hornbill, Nov 17, 2004

  3. Robert J Batina

    P.R.Brady Guest

    Robert J Batina wrote:
    > Canon A70 PowerShot
    >
    > There are a bunch of teeny screws in this thing, but I still don't think
    > I've taken all of them out, enough so that I can pry the case apart to see
    > the guts. The little pins in the CF card slot got mashed, and I'm thinking
    > about digging around and trying to fix it myself... I just don't wanna
    > crack the case or cut a wire in the process.
    >
    > Anyone have a handy-dandy "how to" page with details for disassembling this
    > little camera?
    >
    > TIA.
    >
    > Toe.

    If you google on 'canon e18 error' you'll find brave souls who have
    dismantled Ixuses (Ixi?) to fix sticking zooms - maybe an A70 story out
    there somewhere?

    Phil

    P.R.Brady, Nov 17, 2004
  4. Robert J Batina

    tomcas Guest

    Robert J Batina wrote:
    > Canon A70 PowerShot
    >
    > There are a bunch of teeny screws in this thing, but I still don't think
    > I've taken all of them out, enough so that I can pry the case apart to see
    > the guts. The little pins in the CF card slot got mashed, and I'm thinking
    > about digging around and trying to fix it myself... I just don't wanna
    > crack the case or cut a wire in the process.
    >
    > Anyone have a handy-dandy "how to" page with details for disassembling this
    > little camera?
    >
    > TIA.
    >
    > Toe.

    I have taken apart my A70.Don't forget the 2 screws on the bottom, 1 on
    the back under the compact flash door,1 under the compact flash slot
    heading into the area of the wrist strap,1 screw in the CR battery
    compartment accessible after removing the CR battery, remove the wrist
    strap,2 screw in the AA battery compartment, remove the top
    zoom/shutter/speaker thingy even if you don't unplug the connector but
    just have it hanging loose. Next, this is where it gets hairy. The back
    cover will come off by prying at the bottom and almost pivoting at the
    top, but the bastard has little catches at the top.

    tomcas, Nov 18, 2004