    all. There seems to be no way of turning this "feature" off.

    Thanks,
    Brian
    Brian Davis, Oct 5, 2003

  2. Brian Davis

    Capn Queeg Guest

    On my Pioneer this indicates the disc has the "multple-angle" feature
    enabled and the particular scene has this feature. It can be turned off in
    one of the setup menus.

    Look in your user manual for info on this feature.

    Capn Queeg, Oct 5, 2003

  3. Brian Davis

    Brian Davis Guest

    > Look in your user manual for info on this feature.

    That's the problem. There doesn't seem to *be* an option to turn it off.
    I've looked through every available on-screen menu that I can find. I've
    downloaded the owners manual and performed as many searches that I could
    think of. Nothing. Zilch. No way to get rid of the thing (that I can
    find.)

    Thanks for the response.

    Brian.
    Brian Davis, Oct 5, 2003
  4. Brian Davis

    Jay G Guest

    "Brian Davis" <brian_at_ftpserverapi-dot-com> wrote ...
    > > Look in your user manual for info on this feature.

    > That's the problem. There doesn't seem to *be* an option to turn it off.
    > I've looked through every available on-screen menu that I can find. I've
    > downloaded the owners manual and performed as many searches that I could
    > think of. Nothing. Zilch. No way to get rid of the thing (that I can
    > find.)

    Maybe you can mention the brand and model of your DVD player,
    so that people can better respond.

    -Jay
    Jay G, Oct 5, 2003
  5. "Brian Davis" <brian_at_ftpserverapi-dot-com> wrote in message
    > > Look in your user manual for info on this feature.

    > That's the problem. There doesn't seem to *be* an option to turn it off.

    When this happens on my player (not an HK) I press the OSD button and it
    goes away.

    Steve
    Steve Knoblock, Oct 5, 2003
  6. Brian Davis

    Brian Davis Guest

    > Maybe you can mention the brand and model of your DVD player,
    > so that people can better respond.

    Hmmm, I did. Maybe the original post got messed up somehow.

    --- from my original posting ---

    .... how to disable the "camera" icon ... using the Harmon Kardon DVD 101?
    Brian Davis, Oct 5, 2003
  7. Brian Davis

    Skid Guest

    "Jay G" <> wrote in message
    > Maybe you can mention the brand and model of your DVD player,
    > so that people can better respond.
    >
    > -Jay

    Read the subject line on this thread. I'll avert my eyes while you blush ;>)
    Skid, Oct 5, 2003
  8. Brian Davis

    Brian Davis Guest

    And perhaps if I spelled it correctly, it would help. :)

    That's Harman Kardon DVD 101. oops.

    Brian Davis, Oct 5, 2003
  9. Brian Davis

    Brian Davis Guest

    Geez, even I forgot about that. LOL

    "Skid" <> wrote in message

    > Read the subject line on this thread. I'll avert my eyes while you blush

    ;>)

    Brian Davis, Oct 5, 2003
  10. Brian Davis

    John Howells Guest

    "Jay G" <> wrote

    > Maybe you can mention the brand and model of your DVD player,
    > so that people can better respond.

    As title??

    John Howells
    John Howells, Oct 5, 2003
  11. Brian Davis

    Biz Guest

    Re: How to disable camera icon with Harmon-Kardon DVD 101?

    may not be the answer you want but....when you are watching movies with
    multi-angles, turn off the OSD in the dvd players setup menu...almost every
    player has this ability. I guess its interrupting your porno material eh?
    ;)

    Biz, Oct 5, 2003
  12. Re: How to disable camera icon with Harmon-Kardon DVD 101?

    "Biz" <> wrote in message
    > may not be the answer you want but....when you are watching movies with
    > multi-angles, turn off the OSD in the dvd players setup menu...almost

    every
    > player has this ability. I guess its interrupting your porno material eh?

    That's a good idea to turn off OSD. However, on the few discs that I've seen
    the angle icon come on when it should not, hitting the OSD button to remove
    the OSD from the screen solves the problem.

    Does anyone know why the angle icon would display on a film that does not
    have any angles? It came on during the titles once. I cycled through the
    angles but could not see any difference.

    Steve
    Steve Knoblock, Oct 5, 2003
  13. Re: How to disable camera icon with Harmon-Kardon DVD 101?

    On Sun, 05 Oct 2003 20:11:13 GMT, "Steve Knoblock"
    <> wrote:

    >Does anyone know why the angle icon would display on a film that does not
    >have any angles? It came on during the titles once. I cycled through the
    >angles but could not see any difference.
    >
    >Steve

    Sometimes, when a movie has more than one audio language, the
    multi-angle feature is used to have different sets of credits, like,
    the title spelled in a different language, or adding credit for the
    voice talent.

    Mischa
    Mischa van Dinter, Oct 5, 2003
  14. Brian Davis

    Biz Guest

    Re: How to disable camera icon with Harmon-Kardon DVD 101?

    Completely depends on the dvd...if you listed a few of the titles I'm sure
    someone could tell you why the multi-angle feature is being used when you
    dont seem to see any multi-angle content

    Biz, Oct 6, 2003
  15. Brian Davis

    Brian Davis Guest

    Harman Kardon's DVD101 is not configurable

    Found out from Harman Kardon's tech support that "... the Multiple Angle
    Icon will always appear when other angles are available. There is no way to
    defeat this."

    So... if anyone out there is looking for a good DVD player, you might want
    to rethink your choice if you have decided on this model.

    Two words: "Not configurable"

    Brian Davis, Oct 9, 2003
  16. Brian Davis

    Brian Davis Guest