    --
    Stuff I like to see:

    www.wildphotoguy.com
    Allred J. Proctor, IV, Oct 7, 2005

  2. Allred  J. Proctor, IV

    dadiOH Guest

    Allred J. Proctor, IV wrote:
    > What software(s) can I get to play MP3s which are still in the
    > newsgroups? How long do the songs stay there before they are
    > replaced? Where can I buy them to keep if I like them? WMP can't
    > find them at all. Free players would be good for me. Google
    > shows some, but none will play the songs in the newsgroups.
    > D'oh! What good is that?

    D'oh you have to download them before you can play them. Once you do,
    any MP3 player will play them.

    --
    dadiOH
    ____________________________

    dadiOH's dandies v3.06...
    dadiOH, Oct 7, 2005

  3. Allred  J. Proctor, IV

    Dan Evans Guest

    "Allred J. Proctor, IV" <> wrote in message
    > What software(s) can I get to play MP3s which are still in the
    > newsgroups?

    None

    > How long do the songs stay there before they are
    > replaced?

    Depends on the particular news server you're using

    > Where can I buy them to keep if I like them?

    Music shops

    > WMP can't
    > find them at all.

    Not if they aren't on a local drive, or a shared resource.

    > Free players would be good for me.

    Free with every copy of Windows

    > Google
    > shows some, but none will play the songs in the newsgroups.
    > D'oh!

    Took the word right out of my mouth

    > What good is that?

    I can't drive new cars that are in the show room either, that *really*
    sucks.

    > Please e-mail one good player to me.

    I'd rather not,

    > Just do the obvious to my address. TIA.

    What's that? Nothing?

    HTH

    Dan

    Dan Evans, Oct 7, 2005
  4. Allred  J. Proctor, IV

    Whiskers Guest

    On 2005-10-07, Allred J. Proctor, IV <> wrote:
    > What software(s) can I get to play MP3s which are still in the
    > newsgroups?

    Download them and 'decode' them, using a suitable binary newsreader program.
    Presumably you have a real newsreader already, or you wouldn't have found the
    binary newsgroups; it may well be able to 'decode' the files it can
    download. (You could also use it to access this newsgroup, and many
    others, far more conveniently than using the Google Groups web interface).

    > How long do the songs stay there before they are replaced?

    Depends on the particular server. Hours or days.

    > Where can I buy them to keep if I like them?

    You can't buy anything via a newsgroup. There are many web sites offering
    'legal' music downloads that you can pay for in various ways. Some have
    music which the artists actually /want/ you to have "free" :))

    > WMP can't find them at all.

    I'm guessing that "WMP" means "Microsoft Windows Media Player"; that may
    well be abe to play "MP3" files - but it isn't a newsreader!

    > Free players would be good for me. Google
    > shows some, but none will play the songs in the newsgroups.
    > D'oh! What good is that?

    Media players play "media". They don't do anything with newsgroups. Some
    of them can connect to some web-sites, though.

    > Please e-mail one good player to me.
    > Just do the obvious to my address. TIA.

    Answers to questions in a newsgroup are best put in the newsgroup so that
    everyone can comment or benefit :))

    --
    -- Whiskers
    Whiskers, Oct 7, 2005