HELP! HELP!

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Baba, Dec 16, 2005.

  1. Baba

    Baba Guest

    We need help

    Lost my job due to 3 major surgerys and now i cant even buy my kids any
    presents at all.

    And still have a few more surgerys to go yet.

    Instead it may look like that I will be on the street in January.

    Please help Iam desperate any donation of any amount would be greatly
    apreciated .

    you can make a donation at www.paypal.com when you get to the website click
    on the Tab send money

    The recipient email adress is

    Forward this mesage to others please

    Peace and may all the power of goodness of the universe be with you always.

    Han
    Baba, Dec 16, 2005

  2. Baba

    Mike Easter Guest

    Baba wrote:
    > We need help

    This particular usenet beggar can be reported in the following ways:

    Yahoo:

    --
    Mike Easter
    Mike Easter, Dec 16, 2005

  3. Baba

    Toolman Tim Guest

    In news:43a34513$0$29738$,
    Mike Easter spewed forth:
    > Baba wrote:
    >> We need help

    > This particular usenet beggar can be reported in the following ways:
    >

    > Yahoo:

    I bet Paypal might not be to happy about it either...

    Toolman Tim, Dec 16, 2005
  4. Toolman Tim lid, wrote in message
    BHof.17702$:
    > In news:43a34513$0$29738$,
    > Mike Easter spewed forth:
    >> Baba wrote:
    >>> We need help

    >> This particular usenet beggar can be reported in the following ways:
    >>

    >> Yahoo:

    > I bet Paypal might not be to happy about it either...

    NetKKKop 'im Tim, go on!! There might be a reward.

    --
    If, like me, you find something you enjoy doing so much -
    you'll never have to do a days work in your life.
    Kutloze Scheefgepoepte, Dec 16, 2005
  5. Baba

    Rich Wilson Guest

    "Toolman Tim" <> wrote in message
    > In news:43a34513$0$29738$,
    > Mike Easter spewed forth:
    >> Baba wrote:
    >>> We need help

    >> This particular usenet beggar can be reported in the following ways:
    >>

    >> Yahoo:

    > I bet Paypal might not be to happy about it either...

    For some reason, that came across as genuine to me. Don't know why. I feel
    really sorry for him if he is.
    Rich Wilson, Dec 17, 2005
  6. Baba

    Toolman Tim Guest

    In news:piKof.214$,
    Rich Wilson spewed forth:
    > "Toolman Tim" <> wrote in message
    >> In news:43a34513$0$29738$,
    >> Mike Easter spewed forth:
    >>>
    >>> This particular usenet beggar can be reported in the following ways:
    >>>

    >>> Yahoo:

    >> I bet Paypal might not be to happy about it either...
    >>

    > For some reason, that came across as genuine to me. Don't know why. I
    > feel really sorry for him if he is.

    Well, I know it can happen. For example, an acquantaince who has been sick
    for years just added cancer to his list of burdens. But there are better
    ways to ask for assistance than dumping in news groups.

    Toolman Tim, Dec 17, 2005
  7. Baba

    Toolman Tim Guest

    In news:piKof.214$,
    Rich Wilson spewed forth:
    > "Toolman Tim" <> wrote in message
    >> In news:43a34513$0$29738$,
    >> Mike Easter spewed forth:
    >>>
    >>> This particular usenet beggar can be reported in the following ways:
    >>>

    >>> Yahoo:

    >> I bet Paypal might not be to happy about it either...
    >>

    > For some reason, that came across as genuine to me. Don't know why. I
    > feel really sorry for him if he is.

    at least he didn't drivel on and on...

    Toolman Tim, Dec 17, 2005
  8. Baba

    > In news:piKof.214$,
    > Rich Wilson spewed forth:
    >> "Toolman Tim" <> wrote in message
    >>> In news:43a34513$0$29738$,
    >>> Mike Easter spewed forth:

    >>> I bet Paypal might not be to happy about it either...
    >>>

    >> For some reason, that came across as genuine to me. Don't know why. I
    >> feel really sorry for him if he is.

    > Well, I know it can happen. For example, an acquantaince who has been sick
    > for years just added cancer to his list of burdens. But there are better
    > ways to ask for assistance than dumping in news groups.

    True. What sort of social security system does Canada have anyway?
    Rich Wilson, Dec 17, 2005
  9. Baba

    Toolman Tim Guest

    In news:h4Lof.1302$,
    Rich Wilson spewed forth:
    > "Toolman Tim" <> wrote in message
    >> In news:piKof.214$,
    >> Rich Wilson spewed forth:
    >>> "Toolman Tim" <> wrote in message

    >>> For some reason, that came across as genuine to me. Don't know why.
    >>> I feel really sorry for him if he is.

    >> Well, I know it can happen. For example, an acquantaince who has
    >> been sick for years just added cancer to his list of burdens. But
    >> there are better ways to ask for assistance than dumping in news
    >> groups.

    > True. What sort of social security system does Canada have anyway?

    Dunno - I'm in Oregon. I'd heard that Canada has pretty good care for their
    citizens. Plus I'm sure there's a Salvation Army nearby, who can at least
    help with getting the family through the holidays.

    Toolman Tim, Dec 17, 2005
  10. Baba

    Mike Easter Guest

    Rich Wilson wrote:
    >> Mike Easter spewed forth:

    >>> This particular usenet beggar can be reported in the following ways:

    > For some reason, that came across as genuine to me. Don't know why. I
    > feel really sorry for him if he is.

    If you read and believe how your your usenet or email spam 'sounds', I
    have a bridge you might be interested in.

    Propagating begging stories by email or usenet is an abuse of the email
    and the usenet.

    Figuring out which beggars are scammers who have taken in more money
    than you or I today isn't possible from staring at the words a long
    time.

    --
    Mike Easter
    Mike Easter, Dec 17, 2005
  11. Baba

    Rich Wilson Guest

    "Mike Easter" <> wrote in message
    > Rich Wilson wrote:
    >>> Mike Easter spewed forth:

    >> For some reason, that came across as genuine to me. Don't know why. I
    >> feel really sorry for him if he is.

    > If you read and believe how your your usenet or email spam 'sounds', I
    > have a bridge you might be interested in.

    Oh good, I was looking for somewhere to invest the fortune I recently
    acquired from a nice Nigerian gentleman.

    > Propagating begging stories by email or usenet is an abuse of the email
    > and the usenet.
    >
    > Figuring out which beggars are scammers who have taken in more money
    > than you or I today isn't possible from staring at the words a long
    > time.

    True, but it's a long time since I've come across an intelligent scammer who
    could write a reasonably convincing e-mail.
    Rich Wilson, Dec 17, 2005
  12. Baba

    Mike Easter Guest

    Rich Wilson wrote:
    > "Mike Easter"

    >> Figuring out which beggars are scammers who have taken in more money
    >> than you or I today isn't possible from staring at the words a long
    >> time.

    > True, but it's a long time since I've come across an intelligent
    > scammer who could write a reasonably convincing e-mail.

    If it is any clue, the yahoo payload addy here for your paypal donation
    $ has no previous posting history prior to this thread.

    Let me see, the shaw posting account got itself a brand spanking new
    yahoo addy just for the begging bizness, or what?

    Yes indeedy, that definitely makes sense. That's the way it should be
    scamdone about/with a fresh yahoo addy -- now what kind of trail is
    there for the shaw?

    Guess what? There's some 'nastiness' history for the IP 64.59.144.74
    because it has gotten itself into some little usenet tiffs which involve
    posting headers which include the nntp posting host.

    --
    Mike Easter
    Mike Easter, Dec 17, 2005
  13. Baba

    > Rich Wilson wrote:
    >> "Mike Easter"

    >>> Figuring out which beggars are scammers who have taken in more money
    >>> than you or I today isn't possible from staring at the words a long
    >>> time.

    >> True, but it's a long time since I've come across an intelligent
    >> scammer who could write a reasonably convincing e-mail.

    > If it is any clue, the yahoo payload addy here for your paypal donation
    > $ has no previous posting history prior to this thread.
    >
    > Let me see, the shaw posting account got itself a brand spanking new
    > yahoo addy just for the begging bizness, or what?
    >
    > Yes indeedy, that definitely makes sense. That's the way it should be
    > scamdone about/with a fresh yahoo addy -- now what kind of trail is
    > there for the shaw?
    >
    > Guess what? There's some 'nastiness' history for the IP 64.59.144.74
    > because it has gotten itself into some little usenet tiffs which involve
    > posting headers which include the nntp posting host.

    Good detective work there :)
    Rich Wilson, Dec 17, 2005
  14. Baba

    Mike Easter Guest

    Rich Wilson wrote:
    > "Mike Easter"
    >> Rich Wilson wrote:
    >>> "Mike Easter"

    >>> True, but it's a long time since I've come across an intelligent
    >>> scammer who could write a reasonably convincing e-mail.

    >> the yahoo payload addy here for your paypal
    >> donation $ has no previous posting history prior to this thread.

    >> There's some 'nastiness' history for the IP 64.59.144.74

    > Good detective work there :)

    The message is that we shouldn't start off by reading the words, whether
    it be usenet or email 'operations' for our 'evaluation' of the
    'message'.

    If you start off by reading the words, then you start off at a
    'delusional' disadvantage to the scam/spam process. The delusion is
    that you can handle your unknown or unsolicited mail [or usenet message
    in this case] in the same way you 'look at' normal mail or usenet
    messages.

    No one should open an email based on what they read in the subject/from
    which isn't soliticted and is from their friends or a known, or which
    hasn't been 'screened' by some kind of inner analysis process which can
    analyze the inner content in terms of scammish or spammish -ness.

    If you are trying to 'eyeball' your email or your usenet messages by
    what their subject, from, and body content is, you are going to be
    mislead, especially when it comes to a message which has a payload.

    If you are going to be a human being with normal human traits -- when
    you see an email which isn't known, you should be moving it into a
    suspicious folder or place -- and when you see a usenet message with a
    payload, you should shut down your 'reading' of the body's words and
    start looking for the evidence of the 'hook' or scamminess of the item.

    --
    Mike Easter
    Mike Easter, Dec 17, 2005
  15. Rich Wilson wrote:

    > "Toolman Tim" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>In news:43a34513$0$29738$,
    >>Mike Easter spewed forth:

    >>>This particular usenet beggar can be reported in the following ways:
    >>>

    >>>Yahoo:

    >>I bet Paypal might not be to happy about it either...
    >>

    > For some reason, that came across as genuine to me. Don't know why. I feel
    > really sorry for him if he is.

    Gullible has been removed from the OED.
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Brian_H=B9=A9?=, Dec 17, 2005
  16. Baba

    Frank Guest

    "Brian H¹©" <> wrote in message
    > Rich Wilson wrote:
    >
    > > "Toolman Tim" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > >>In news:43a34513$0$29738$,
    > >>Mike Easter spewed forth:

    > >>I bet Paypal might not be to happy about it either...
    > >>

    > > For some reason, that came across as genuine to me. Don't know why. I

    feel
    > > really sorry for him if he is.
    > >

    > Gullible has been removed from the OED.

    Hey, I live with Stage III Colorectal cancer Here in the USA It takes 4-6
    Months to get on Social Security! You have to jump through hoops just to get
    food stamps. I was lucky a simple leter from my Oncologist and I got them in
    30 days. Way faster than the 60days every one else has to wait.

    Frank
    Frank, Dec 17, 2005
  17. Baba wrote:
    > We need help
    >
    > Lost my job due to 3 major surgerys and now i cant even buy my kids
    > any presents at all.
    >
    > And still have a few more surgerys to go yet.
    >
    > Instead it may look like that I will be on the street in January.
    >
    > Please help Iam desperate any donation of any amount would be greatly
    > apreciated .
    >
    > you can make a donation at www.paypal.com when you get to the website
    > click on the Tab send money
    >
    > The recipient email adress is
    >
    > Forward this mesage to others please
    >
    > Peace and may all the power of goodness of the universe be with you
    > always.
    >
    > Han

    I seem to recall a couple of gals who went begging
    for bigger boobs via the internet a few years back.
    I suppose a few boobs actually sent them money.

    The Daring Dufas (booby troll)
    The Daring Dufas, Dec 17, 2005
  18. Baba

    Toolman Tim Guest

    In news:BDWof.4274$,
    The Daring Dufas spewed forth:
    > Baba wrote:
    >> We need help
    >>
    >> Lost my job due to 3 major surgerys and now i cant even buy my kids
    >> any presents at all.
    >>
    >> And still have a few more surgerys to go yet.
    >>
    >> Instead it may look like that I will be on the street in January.
    >>
    >> Please help Iam desperate any donation of any amount would be greatly
    >> apreciated .
    >>
    >> you can make a donation at www.paypal.com when you get to the website
    >> click on the Tab send money
    >>
    >> The recipient email adress is
    >>
    >> Forward this mesage to others please
    >>
    >> Peace and may all the power of goodness of the universe be with you
    >> always.
    >>
    >> Han

    > I seem to recall a couple of gals who went begging
    > for bigger boobs via the internet a few years back.
    > I suppose a few boobs actually sent them money.
    >
    > The Daring Dufas (booby troll)

    I might pitch in if I get to sample the goods when finished...I mean, if I'm
    paying for them...
    Toolman Tim, Dec 17, 2005