    How can I re-install Windows XP via DOS
    Thanks
    Saref.
    Saref Aref, Sep 27, 2004

  2. Saref Aref

    Jerry G. Guest

    To be basic, make sure that the BIOS setting for your mother board, is
    to allow the machine to boot from the CD drive. Insert the XP
    installation CD, and follow the install procedure. If you have to format
    the drive, you will have to re-register XP.

    First see if you can run the repair from your installation disk. The
    repair should work most of the time, unless the damage is very bad.

    --

    Jerry G.
    ======

    "Saref Aref" <> wrote in message
    A crash happened to my computer and all I can do is going to DOS mode.
    But
    my windows is XP.
    Jerry G., Sep 27, 2004

  3. Saref Aref

    Saref Sref Guest

    How can I set the Bios to let the mavhine booting from CD drive. All I have
    is few files on "C"drive?!!!!
    Thanks
    Saref

    Saref Sref, Sep 28, 2004
  4. Saref Aref

    ProfGene Guest

    It all depends whether you have your operating system on a cd or a secret
    partition. Hitting f8 on boot will get you into the safe mode if you have
    the operating system no a partition and allow you to restore the system but
    if you have a cd then try to change the directory to the cdrom drive letter
    say D: by typing that and hitting enter or using the command cd (change
    directory) D:. If you are told there is no such directory then try going
    into bios and changing the boot sequence to boot from the cdrom first and
    the HDD 0, next and see if it will boot to the cdrom. The only other thing
    to try is to boot to a startup disk or boot disk.

    ProfGene, Oct 1, 2004