    Is there a program that I can use to open such files?
    Many thanks.
    Saref.
    Saref Aref, Sep 4, 2004

  2. Saref Aref

    Dave Guest

    If you want to read the files go to the dos prompt and enter the drive,
    directory and file name. Like this: type c:\windows\system\shell.dll. To
    edit a file just change the word type for edit. The only thing is that these
    files are in machine laungage and unless you know the langauge there is no
    reason to bother with it. Also you really don't want to make any changes
    unless you know what you are doing.

    Dave, Sep 4, 2004