    I do not know and NOT experienced as a Programmer. ( I use Power DVD as a
    software) Can I find HELP.
    Many thanks

    Saref Aref, Jul 16, 2004

  2. Saref Aref wrote:
    > G'day every body
    > My external COMBO Drive its duty is CD RW,CD R and
    > DVD Rom. It works good except as DVD Rom .
    > When I put DVD disk inside it, most of times does not work but sometimes
    > works after many efforts when I connect it with computer after Loading
    > windows (ME), and never works if connection before loading windows.
    > I receive many messages as: "No disks in the drive", "Unknown Format" and "
    > Do you want format this disk?"
    > I think he became confused by other duties(as CD RW & CD R)and can not
    > identify the DVD format disk.
    > Is it necessary to add some lines in Autoexec bat file to fix this problem?
    > I do not know and NOT experienced as a Programmer. ( I use Power DVD as a
    > software) Can I find HELP.
    > Many thanks

    Have you contacted the manufacturer? It sounds to me like a hardware
    problem. One way of checking, since it's an external drive, would be to
    connect it to a different PC & see how it works there.

    I don't recall whether WinME had built-in support for DVD drives so
    there's a possibility that reinstalling PowerDVD might help-but I don't
    know for sure. As I said, I don't remember that much about WinME.

    Calvin Crumrine, Jul 16, 2004