    files but when I try to delete I get access denied.

    Please give me some help.

    Old Geezer

    tpg comcntr, Feb 14, 2004

  2. tpg comcntr

    Bareill Guest

    "tpg comcntr" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Using Windows ME and Netscape 7.0 on Compaq 'puter. How do I get rid of
    > this cursed "gain adserve" which is part of the misbegotten Gator
    > program? This is the culprit on Pop-ups. I go to search, find the
    > files but when I try to delete I get access denied.
    >
    > Please give me some help.
    >
    > Old Geezer

    Ad-aware 6.0
    http://www.lavasoft.nu/
    or
    SpyBot
    http://spybot.eon.net.au/
    should get it cleaned out.

    Bareill, Feb 14, 2004

  3. tpg comcntr

    Ionizer Guest

    > Using Windows ME and Netscape 7.0 on Compaq 'puter. How do I get rid of
    > this cursed "gain adserve" which is part of the misbegotten Gator
    > program? This is the culprit on Pop-ups. I go to search, find the
    > files but when I try to delete I get access denied.
    >
    > Please give me some help.

    Please use more intelligently-worded subject lines for your posts.

    --
    Ian.

    Ionizer, Feb 14, 2004
  4. tpg comcntr

    °Mike° Guest

    Spybot Search & Destroy
    http://spybot.eon.net.au/
    http://www.safer-networking.org/
    SpyBot S&D guide

    Ad-Aware
    http://www.lavasoftusa.com/

    Spyware Blaster

    CWShredder

    On 14 Feb 2004 20:39:29 GMT, in
    <>
    tpg comcntr scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Feb 14, 2004
  5. tpg comcntr

    Darkhorse Guest

    Darkhorse, Feb 14, 2004
  6. tpg comcntr

    °Mike° Guest

    On Sat, 14 Feb 2004 23:25:44 -0000, in
    <c0mapp$192hib$-berlin.de>
    Darkhorse scrawled:

    >"°Mike°" <> wrote in message
    >> Download, update and use *all* of the following:
    >>
    >> Spybot Search & Destroy
    >> http://spybot.eon.net.au/
    >> http://www.safer-networking.org/
    >> SpyBot S&D guide
    >> http://www.chem.wisc.edu/~network/spybot/
    >>
    >> Ad-Aware
    >> http://www.lavasoftusa.com/
    >>

    >Not much use if you have keyloggers on your system.

    What are you talking about?

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Feb 14, 2004
  7. tpg comcntr

    Darkhorse Guest

    "°Mike°" <> wrote in message
    > On Sat, 14 Feb 2004 23:25:44 -0000, in
    > <c0mapp$192hib$-berlin.de>
    > Darkhorse scrawled:
    >

    > >"°Mike°" <> wrote in message
    > >> Download, update and use *all* of the following:
    > >>
    > >> Spybot Search & Destroy
    > >> http://spybot.eon.net.au/
    > >> http://www.safer-networking.org/
    > >> SpyBot S&D guide
    > >> http://www.chem.wisc.edu/~network/spybot/
    > >>
    > >> Ad-Aware
    > >> http://www.lavasoftusa.com/
    > >>

    > >Not much use if you have keyloggers on your system.

    > What are you talking about?

    I have tried trial versions of iOpus starr, SpyAnytime PC Spy and Spector
    Pro, neither Spybot or Ad-aware detected these.

    The only scanner I have that does is Webroot's Spysweeper, unfortunately it
    also found a few false positives. :0(

    Darkhorse, Feb 15, 2004
  8. tpg comcntr

    °Mike° Guest

    On Sun, 15 Feb 2004 00:03:10 -0000, in
    <c0mcvv$19a1aj$-berlin.de>
    Darkhorse scrawled:

    >"°Mike°" <> wrote in message
    >> On Sat, 14 Feb 2004 23:25:44 -0000, in
    >> <c0mapp$192hib$-berlin.de>
    >> Darkhorse scrawled:
    >>

    >> >"°Mike°" <> wrote in message

    >> >Not much use if you have keyloggers on your system.

    >> What are you talking about?
    >>

    >I have tried trial versions of iOpus starr, SpyAnytime PC Spy and Spector
    >Pro, neither Spybot or Ad-aware detected these.
    >
    >The only scanner I have that does is Webroot's Spysweeper, unfortunately it
    >also found a few false positives. :0(

    The OP has Gain spyware -- nothing was mentioned about
    keyloggers. And if SpyBot S&D doesn't detect those you
    mentioned, submit them to Patrick for inclusion.

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Feb 15, 2004
  9. tpg comcntr

    Sultan Guest

    An article in the newest PC Magazine gives an Editors choice nod to a
    program called Spy Sweeper 2.2. They rated it above Spybot because it works
    better at finding key loggers. Alas it is not free and I haven't gotten
    around to trying it yet as it was the first I have heard of it.
    The homepage for the product is here:
    http://www.webroot.com/

    And you can download a trial here:
    http://www.webroot.com/wb/downloads/index.php

    Cost is $29.95 a year after trial runs out.

    Give it a try and post back with a review whether or not it lives up to its
    billing.

    Sultan

    Sultan, Feb 15, 2004
  10. tpg comcntr

    tpg comcntr Guest

    Many thanks to all. Will try what is advised and let everyone know how it works out.

    Old Geezer

    tpg comcntr, Feb 15, 2004
  11. tpg comcntr

    tpg comcntr Guest

    I thought my subject heading was rather direct and to the point. Member
    #1145277 - Mensa Society.

    Old Geezer

    tpg comcntr, Feb 15, 2004
  12. Are you drowning