help!! hard question of 70-315

Discussion in 'MCAD' started by Shuren, Jun 27, 2004.

  1. Shuren

    Shuren Guest

    Hi,

    I want to ask a question for 70-315?

    Question is:
    Your ASP.NET application enables customers to create new
    sales orders. The sales orders are stored in a Microsoft
    SQL Server database table named TestKingSales. The table
    has an IDENTITY column named OrderID. Your code uses a
    DataTable object to manage the order data. The DataTable
    object contains a column named OrderNumber. You use the
    Update method of a SqlDataAdapter object to call a stored
    procedure that inserts each new order into the database.
    The stored procedure uses a parameter to return the new
    OrderID value for each order. You assign a SqlCommand
    object to the InsertCommand property of the SqlDataAdapter
    object. You add a SqlParameter object to the Parameters
    collection of the SqlDataAdapter object, specifying the
    name and data type of the parameter. You need to set
    properties of the SqlParameter object to retrieve new
    OrderID values from the database into the OrderNumber
    column of your DataTable object. What should you do?
    A. Set the Direction property to
    ParameterDirection.ReturnValue.
    Set the SourceColumn property to "OrderID".
    B. Set the Direction property to
    ParameterDirection.ReturnValue.
    Set the SourceColumn property to "OrderNumber".
    C. Set the Direction property to ParameterDirection.Output.
    Set the SourceColumn property to "OrderID".
    D. Set the Direction property to ParameterDirection.Output.
    Set the SourceColumn property to "OrderNumber".

    the answer is D, I choose C.

    explain:
    "The source column, where the value will be stored, is the
    OrderNumber column"

    I think should be OrderID, which is comes from sql database

    Thanks

    Shuren
    Shuren, Jun 27, 2004

  2. Shuren

    Tong Guest

    Yes I also think C is the right answer.
    BTW, where did you get this test?

    Tong, Jun 28, 2004

  3. Hi,

    I assume that this i from a certification prep. software vendor ?
    I know that Transcender have had a few bugs in their .Net prep.software, so if you are using Transcenders you should make sure to have the latest update to their questions!
    Otherwise, write them... I've found a handfull of errors in their VB.Net exam preps, after having reported them, they got back to me with their conclusion on my error reports.

    Henning Kristensen, Jun 29, 2004