HELP. Got Trojans,what to do ??

Discussion in 'Computer Security' started by Earl, Jan 3, 2005.

  1. Earl

    Earl Guest

    Like i put in post below am new using a pc but trying to learn. Have
    windows98SE, Zone Alarn, Avast and Spy Sweeper. Run scan with sweeper
    and all clear. Then added Spybot S&D and found what is listed below. Yes
    i see the button that says "fix problem" that gets rid of them i guess
    but say something to do registry and told befor not to mess with that.
    Do not know anything about what S&D found and want to make sure thay are
    Bad befor deleting so i do not screw up my pc. Thanks for any help at
    all.-------
    Comet Cursors: Interface (IFileInfo) (Registry key, nothing done)

    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Classes\Interface\{74F7D6F8-A844-4F29-B9C7-294721D91C10}

    Alexa Related:  What's related link (Replace file, nothing done)
      C:\WINDOWS\Web\RELATED.HTM

    C2.lop.AproposMedia:  Data (File, nothing done)
      C:\WINDOWS\MSIMGSIZ.DAT

    DSO Exploit: Data source object exploit (Registry change, nothing done)

    HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet
    Settings\Zones\0\1004!=W=3

    --- Spybot - Search && Destroy version: 1.3  ---
    2004-05-12 Includes\Cookies.sbi
    2004-05-12 Includes\Dialer.sbi
    2004-05-12 Includes\Hijackers.sbi
    2004-05-12 Includes\Keyloggers.sbi
    2004-05-12 Includes\LSP.sbi
    2004-05-12 Includes\Malware.sbi
    2004-05-12 Includes\Revision.sbi
    2004-05-12 Includes\Security.sbi
    2004-05-12 Includes\Spybots.sbi
    2004-05-12 Includes\Tracks.uti
    2004-05-12 Includes\Trojans.sbi

    Earl, Jan 3, 2005

  2. Earl

    Robsten Guest

    Earl skrev:
    > Like i put in post below am new using a pc but trying to learn. Have
    > windows98SE, Zone Alarn, Avast and Spy Sweeper. Run scan with sweeper
    > and all clear. Then added Spybot S&D and found what is listed below. Yes
    > i see the button that says "fix problem" that gets rid of them i guess
    > but say something to do registry and told befor not to mess with that.
    > Do not know anything about what S&D found and want to make sure thay are
    > Bad befor deleting so i do not screw up my pc. Thanks for any help at
    > all.-------
    > Comet Cursors: Interface (IFileInfo) (Registry key, nothing done)
    >
    > HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Classes\Interface\{74F7D6F8-A844-4F29-B9C7-294721D91C10}
    >
    > Alexa Related: What's related link (Replace file, nothing done)
    > C:\WINDOWS\Web\RELATED.HTM
    >
    > C2.lop.AproposMedia: Data (File, nothing done)
    > C:\WINDOWS\MSIMGSIZ.DAT
    >
    > DSO Exploit: Data source object exploit (Registry change, nothing done)
    >
    > HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet
    > Settings\Zones\0\1004!=W=3
    >
    > --- Spybot - Search && Destroy version: 1.3 ---
    > 2004-05-12 Includes\Cookies.sbi
    > 2004-05-12 Includes\Dialer.sbi
    > 2004-05-12 Includes\Hijackers.sbi
    > 2004-05-12 Includes\Keyloggers.sbi
    > 2004-05-12 Includes\LSP.sbi
    > 2004-05-12 Includes\Malware.sbi
    > 2004-05-12 Includes\Revision.sbi
    > 2004-05-12 Includes\Security.sbi
    > 2004-05-12 Includes\Spybots.sbi
    > 2004-05-12 Includes\Tracks.uti
    > 2004-05-12 Includes\Trojans.sbi

    Nothing serius there? Why all fuzz? Do a online scanning with F-secure
    or McAffe.

    http://support.f-secure.com/enu/home/ols.shtml

    --
    Robban Stenkvist
    http://w1.853.comhem.se/~u85329080/

    Robsten, Jan 3, 2005

  3. Earl

    Jim Watt Guest

    On Sun, 2 Jan 2005 21:02:28 -0800, (Earl) wrote:

    >Like i put in post below am new using a pc but trying to learn. Have
    >windows98SE, Zone Alarn, Avast and Spy Sweeper. Run scan with sweeper
    >and all clear. Then added Spybot S&D and found what is listed below. Yes
    >i see the button that says "fix problem" that gets rid of them i guess
    >but say something to do registry and told befor not to mess with that.
    >Do not know anything about what S&D found and want to make sure thay are
    >Bad befor deleting so i do not screw up my pc. Thanks for any help at
    >all.-------
    >Comet Cursors: Interface (IFileInfo) (Registry key, nothing done)

    >HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Classes\Interface\{74F7D6F8-A844-4F29-B9C7-294721D91C10}

    >Alexa Related:  What's related link (Replace file, nothing done)
    >  C:\WINDOWS\Web\RELATED.HTM

    >C2.lop.AproposMedia:  Data (File, nothing done)
    >  C:\WINDOWS\MSIMGSIZ.DAT

    >DSO Exploit: Data source object exploit (Registry change, nothing done)

    >HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet
    >Settings\Zones\0\1004!=W=3

    >--- Spybot - Search && Destroy version: 1.3  ---
    >2004-05-12 Includes\Cookies.sbi
    >2004-05-12 Includes\Dialer.sbi
    >2004-05-12 Includes\Hijackers.sbi
    >2004-05-12 Includes\Keyloggers.sbi
    >2004-05-12 Includes\LSP.sbi
    >2004-05-12 Includes\Malware.sbi
    >2004-05-12 Includes\Revision.sbi
    >2004-05-12 Includes\Security.sbi
    >2004-05-12 Includes\Spybots.sbi
    >2004-05-12 Includes\Tracks.uti
    >2004-05-12 Includes\Trojans.sbi

    You should be able to uninstall comet cursors from the contol
    panel.

    If you have been 'told' not to do things discuss the problem
    with the person who told you.
    --
    Jim Watt
    http://www.gibnet.com

    Jim Watt, Jan 3, 2005
  4. Earl

    Earl Guest

    Re: help with S&D,what to do ??

    Whats the fuss ??. I guess to experts it looks like the things s&d found
    are nothing but being new at spyware did not know. Main thing like to
    know is do i use the S&D "fix problem" button to delete them ?. Is
    spybot s&d anygood if its comeing up with minor stuff ?.

    Earl, Jan 3, 2005
  5. Earl

    Jon Cosby Guest

    Re: help with S&D,what to do ??

    "Earl" <> wrote:
    > Whats the fuss ??. I guess to experts it looks like the things s&d found
    > are nothing but being new at spyware did not know. Main thing like to
    > know is do i use the S&D "fix problem" button to delete them ?. Is
    > spybot s&d anygood if its comeing up with minor stuff ?.

    Spybot creates backups for the quarantined files. You should be fine
    letting it delete them.

    Jon Cosby

    Jon Cosby, Jan 3, 2005
  6. 1) Download the following three items...

    Trend Sysclean Package

    Latest Trend signature files.

    Adaware SE (free personal version v1.05)
    http://www.lavasoftusa.com/

    Create a directory.
    On drive "C:\"
    (e.g., "c:\New Folder")
    or the desktop

    Download SYSCLEAN.COM and place it in that directory.
    Download the Trend Pattern File by obtaining the ZIP file.
    For example; lpt327.zip

    SYSCLEAN.COM.

    2) Update Adaware with the latest definitions.
    3) If you are using WinME or WinXP, disable System Restore
    4) Reboot your PC into Safe Mode and shutdown as many applications as possible.
    5) Using both the Trend Sysclean utility and Adaware, perform a Full Scan of your
    platform and clean/delete any infectors/parasites found.
    (a few cycles may be needed)
    6) Restart your PC and perform a "final" Full Scan of your platform using both the
    Trend Sysclean utility and Adaware
    7) If you are using WinME or WinXP,Re-enable System Restore and re-apply any
    System Restore preferences, (e.g. HD space to use suggested 400 ~ 600MB),
    8) Reboot your PC.
    9) If you are using WinME or WinXP, create a new Restore point

    Dave

    --
    Dave

    David H. Lipman, Jan 3, 2005
  7. Earl

    Robsten Guest

    Re: help with S&D,what to do ??

    Earl skrev:
    > Whats the fuss ??. I guess to experts it looks like the things s&d found
    > are nothing but being new at spyware did not know. Main thing like to
    > know is do i use the S&D "fix problem" button to delete them ?. Is
    > spybot s&d anygood if its comeing up with minor stuff ?.

    Yoy can delete, and should do so, Alexa, C2.loop and DSO exploit. Aren,t
    there a backupfunction in Spyboot? I have uninstalled Spyboot long time
    ago and use Pestpatrol and BPS spywaresweeper, I test A2 at the moment.
    You can ask for a secund opinion with a online scanner at pestpatrol
    http://store.ca.com/dr/v2/ec_main.e...atrolScan&client=ComputerAssociates&sid=35715
    A timelimetid version of Webroots spysweeper Will do it too.
    http://www.spychecker.com/program/spysweeper.html
    Here you can searth for specific pests:
    http://www3.ca.com/securityadvisor/pest/
    here at last you have a free spysweeper, A2, I don,t know how good it is
    yet, I do know you don,t get any false positivs:
    http://www.emsisoft.com/en/software/free/
    Don,t ever panic, take it cool and do silly thinks without thinking.
    Don,t use a lot of spysweepers out there, you get a lot of false
    positivs only, stick to the above. And delete Alexa, C2.loop and DSO
    exploit, hope thats will do it for the time, take it cool!!!!!!!

    Robsten, Jan 3, 2005
  8. Earl

    Earl Guest

    Re: ALL

    Want to thank all of you for help and links. Still learning and will be
    helpfull for what to look for.

    Earl, Jan 4, 2005
  9. Earl

    Earl Guest

    Re: DAVID

    Thanks for the advise. Befor seeing your post i had allready used S&D to
    send the items to quarantined files.Have made a copy of your info steps
    and will try after i study a bit. Thanks

    Earl, Jan 4, 2005