    Thanks! If anyone has any other suggestions, or despises one of these
    cameras, lemme know!

    Ben

    Ben, Dec 30, 2003

  2. Ben

    bluestringer Guest

    "Ben" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I'm looking into buying my first digital camera (For a combination of
    > snapshots AND artsy stuff - I have experience with a manual 35mm SLR),
    > and have narrowed it down via Consumer Reports to one of the two
    > mentioned cameras. I have three questions:
    > - Which one is all-around better?
    > - Consumer Reports actually raved about the Fuji 3800, as the S3000
    > was just coming out. Is it safe to assume the S3000 is just as good
    > as the 3800, which it's replacing?
    > - I'm also wondering about the Canon A80. Would it be at least as
    > good as the A70?
    > Thanks! If anyone has any other suggestions, or despises one of these
    > cameras, lemme know!
    >
    > Ben

    I think the A70 will give you more modes and manual settings. Also the S3000
    does not have sound with the video mode, the A70 does.

    bluestringer

    bluestringer, Dec 30, 2003

  3. I have 2 Fuji cameras, an older 1400z and a S602z.
    both are wonderful, and when i went shopping both times non cameras
    seemd to me to have the features for the money. and the Fuji's always
    rate very high in picture quality.

    as to vid mode. My 1400 has non, the 602 does 640x480 at 30fps with
    sound. This is full motion video, and it will keep recording until the
    memory card is full. My friend has a coolpix (nikon)2100 with video
    and no sound, and is limited to 10 or 15 seconds of vid at a time.

    I did not miss the video on my first camera. I have not used it on my
    602, except on teh first day to see if it worked. he rarely uses his
    video mode, and without sound, well, silent pictures were obsolete in
    1928. they ain't comin' back now.

    Also, check ebay for deals. My 1400 i bought there as a reman unit for
    $100 less than the stores. The 602 i got used from a friend, who
    bought it as a reman on ebay. No problems.

    Use Paypal to pay - it protects YOU.
    make sure the seller has a high (over 300, the higher the better)
    feedback with 99% or more positive.
    make sure you are getting a camera for your market (a canadian camera
    for canada, a usa camera for usa). I hear that there can be problems
    with warranty repairs - if you have a european camera in USA and need
    fix, it may have to be shipped to europe.)

    chris
    You can also get more info from
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Fujigroup/

    Chris P in PA, Dec 30, 2003
  4. Ben

    jeroen Guest

    (Ben) wrote in news:f41aa023.0312291653.11934354
    @posting.google.com:

    > I'm looking into buying my first digital camera (For a combination of
    > snapshots AND artsy stuff - I have experience with a manual 35mm SLR),
    > and have narrowed it down via Consumer Reports to one of the two
    > mentioned cameras. I have three questions:
    > - Which one is all-around better?
    > - Consumer Reports actually raved about the Fuji 3800, as the S3000
    > was just coming out. Is it safe to assume the S3000 is just as good
    > as the 3800, which it's replacing?
    > - I'm also wondering about the Canon A80. Would it be at least as
    > good as the A70?
    > Thanks! If anyone has any other suggestions, or despises one of these
    > cameras, lemme know!
    >
    > Ben

    Hello Ben,

    I can't talk about the Canon a80 but I have the S3000 for a week now and
    it works like a charm. Good quality pictures. I am a beginner in
    fotography so the auto settings I like. It has an option for manual
    settings where you can change the diafragma and EV.

    At night you must use a tripod to make pictures without blur. (I took a
    few of the fireworks with a tripod and they are very nice).

    good luck with your choice.

    Greetings,
    Jeroen

    jeroen, Jan 2, 2004