(help from Tokyo) dumpsec problems while dumping user and group information

Discussion in 'Computer Security' started by mcdett@gmail.com, Feb 20, 2007.

  1. Guest

    I am running dumpsec.exe as the local administrator like so:

    DUMPSEC.exe /rpt=groups /outfile=dumpsec_groups.csv /saveas=csv

    Problem is that the built-in groups and accounts are not appearing in
    the output?

    I verified by hand these groups still exist on these systems. This is
    constants throughout 30 some Windows XP and Win2K systems.

    any thoughts?

    Is there some setting on these systems I may be missing?

    These systems differ from the test lab in that they also have the East
    Asian Language pack installed. Is it possible that when installing the
    East Asian Language pack that some of the these built-in user and
    groups had there descriptions made into Japanese characters causing
    dumpsec to choke?

    anyway.... I know this is shooting for the moon, but just maybe
    someone out there has run into something similar.

    Thanks from Tokyo!
    , Feb 20, 2007