    something with Windows XP?

    I have a Gateway 500XL PC/2.53GHz P4/512MB DDR SDRAM/128MD NVIDIA GeFore4
    Ti4200G/Running Windows XP

    Infoquest, Jul 9, 2004

  2. Infoquest

    Duane Arnold Guest

    "Infoquest" <> wrote in
    news:88EHc.222976$:

    > In the last couple of weeks, I have noticed that when trying to do
    > multiple things on the computer, the frequency of fatal error
    > resulting in a reboot is increasing. It has occurred when doing
    > completely different things. Is this a potential sign of a certain
    > piece of hardware going bad? Could it be something with Windows XP?
    >
    > I have a Gateway 500XL PC/2.53GHz P4/512MB DDR SDRAM/128MD NVIDIA
    > GeFore4 Ti4200G/Running Windows XP

    What are the fatal error and most likely are being logged in the System
    or Application event logs and can be viewed with the Event Viewer?

    Duane :)

    Duane Arnold, Jul 10, 2004

  3. Infoquest

    Infoquest Guest

    This is the consistent error I am getting in the event log.

    Category: 102

    Event ID: 1003

    Error code 000000d1, parameter1 00000020, parameter2 00000002, parameter3
    00000000, parameter4 f837d0ff.

    Infoquest, Jul 10, 2004
  4. Infoquest

    Duane Arnold Guest

    "Infoquest" <> wrote in news:pnGHc.77695$OB3.27913
    @bgtnsc05-news.ops.worldnet.att.net:

    > This is the consistent error I am getting in the event log.
    >
    > Category: 102
    >
    > Event ID: 1003
    >
    > Error code 000000d1, parameter1 00000020, parameter2 00000002,

    parameter3
    > 00000000, parameter4 f837d0ff.

    It has to be giving some kind of error *Description* for the event. :)

    You should be able to use Google and do a search on Error Category: 102
    and match up on Error Code to one of the articles hopefully to get a more
    precise explanation of the issue.

    Duane :)

    Duane Arnold, Jul 10, 2004
  5. Infoquest

    Wizard Guest

    Start by going to rightclick on my
    computer/properties/advanced/startup&recovery settings/untick
    "automatically restart".

    Wizard, Jul 10, 2004