    the bookmarks created in Firefox are gone, including IE's. Any help
    would be greatly appreciated

    Wendy

    Wendy, Nov 30, 2007

  2. Wendy wrote:
    > Firefox upgraded automatically yesterday and now I don't have any of
    > my bookmarks. I can go to IE which I haven't used in 3 years, but all
    > the bookmarks created in Firefox are gone, including IE's. Any help
    > would be greatly appreciated
    >
    > Wendy

    Look in your profile folder. You should find a folder called
    bookmarkbackups, which contains automated backups of your bookmarks.html
    file. Find the one in there that is closest to your missing bookmarks.

    WinXP, 2K:

    C:\Documents and Settings\(username)\Application
    Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles

    Win ME, 98:

    C:\Windows\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Nov 30, 2007

  3. Wendy

    Wendy Guest

    Thank you, thank you, thank you. That did the trick. Found the back up
    copied it to the program directory in Firefox profiles, deleted the
    old bookmarks.html and renamed the backup to that and whalla. Thank
    you so much. Leonidas Jones is a life saver.

    Hugs,

    Wendy

    Wendy, Nov 30, 2007