HELP! - Forgot -sort of - my passphrase for a phpdisk

Discussion in 'Computer Security' started by Monkey Mike, Dec 22, 2004.

  1. Monkey Mike

    Monkey Mike Guest

    I'm not sure if there's a utility out there or a way to go about this
    but here's my situation.

    Several years ago I created a pgp disk and burned it onto a CD (using
    version 6.5.3). Now, I'm attempting to mount the volume off the CD
    using ver 8.0.3.

    As a contingency, I wrote down the passphrase someplace safe and sure
    enough after all this time I forgot what it was. Now the problem is
    that I wrote it down wrong. I am positive that about 99% of what I
    wrote down is correct, however I think that I screwed up with the
    placement of a "space" or something to that effect. Let's say my
    passphase consists of the characters "bigstupid123dog" and in that
    order. Is there any utity out there that I could use to, "try
    insterting a 'space' systematically thoughout the phrase" or "instert a
    'space' and change all 'i's to 'e's"?

    I really hope there is... really REALLY hope.

    Thanks
    Monkey Mike, Dec 22, 2004

  2. Monkey Mike

    Tom McCune Guest

    Tom McCune, Dec 22, 2004

  3. Monkey Mike

    donnie Guest

    On Wed, 22 Dec 2004 06:11:26 GMT, Monkey Mike <>
    wrote:

    > Is there any utity out there that I could use to, "try
    >insterting a 'space' systematically thoughout the phrase" or "instert a
    >'space' and change all 'i's to 'e's"?

    Why would you change and i to an e? Usually an i is changed to a one
    and an e a 3. So it would be b1gstup1d123dog.
    donnie, Dec 22, 2004