    title.

    Thank you.

    (This message will be repeated.)

    Colin Barnhorst, Jun 22, 2006

  2. Thank You for the info Colin. I can appreciated all of you being in the same
    newsgroups for years, but I have a question for oyu: if the Vista Mail Team
    gave the 15 or so links on the left side of the Vista Newsgroup
    panes/categories, and not a combo link for Vista/XP Pro, don't you think they
    want us new Vista users here? Have you emailed the Vista Mail Team about your
    regrets of having Vista users in what is/was an all-exclusive XPPro64
    newgroup community? To be frank, and I appreciate your candor and direction,
    but there is only one hgeneral Vista newsgroup that I can find, and it would
    make sense for us to all be here with you that are knowledgable about the
    most advanced 64bit Windows platforms.
    Please let me know what you think and if you have received any response to
    your unhappiness with the Vista Mail Team.
    Thank You and Sincerely,
    mikwiz@socal

    =?Utf-8?B?bWlrd2l6QHNvY2Fs?=, Jun 23, 2006

  3. We have passed the word to the Vista Team. The confusion seems to be that
    even some of the people at MS think anything x64 for the desktop must be
    Vista. It is easy to forget about XP Pro x64 because of its very small user
    base.

    According to the Vista Team they see Vista x86 and Vista x64 as having the
    same feature set and therefore there should be no need for special Vista x64
    newsgroups.

    I think their view is that anyone needing to drill down to how 64-bits works
    is a developer or IT person and should look to sources like MSDN or TechNet.
    There is a whole other world of newsgroups and other support resources over
    there that serve Vista developers and such.

    From what I can tell from the TechBeta Vista Program and watching the public
    Vista groups it probably is the case that as far as beta testing is
    concerned there is no difference in the issues faced between the x86 and x64
    testers.

    This newsgroup has never had much discussion about programming in 64-bits so
    if that is your interest you would be better served by the MSDN resources
    regardless of the platform discussed here.

    Colin Barnhorst, Jun 23, 2006
  4. Any of the regulars in this newsgroup who are trying out Vista x64 are also
    participating in the Vista newsgroups as well so please meet us there.

    Where is there? (not being a smart ***)

    =?Utf-8?B?QnJpYWIgR3V5?=, Jul 6, 2006
  5. This news server, msnews.microsoft.com. Click the Newsgroups button if
    using OE or Vista Mail and filter on "Vista". If using Vista already but
    not Vista Mail, the list of Vista newsgroups is in the Help and Support
    Center, ask other users. Five of the groups are older than Vista.

    Having said all of that, this newsgroup is no longer platform specific. Ask
    Vista questions here too, but few of the regular users are as knowledgeable
    as the users are in the Vista newsgroups. At least not yet.

    Colin Barnhorst, Jul 7, 2006
  6. The "ask other users" is the link in the Help and Support Center, not an
    admonition to ask other users.

    Colin Barnhorst, Jul 7, 2006