    title.

    Thank you.

    (This message will be repeated.)
    Colin Barnhorst, Jun 19, 2006

  2. Do you have a link to the public Vista Newsgroups?

    --
    Asus P5WDG2-WS (i975X Express)
    P4 3.73 GHz EE

    =?Utf-8?B?TWFyYXRvbm1hbm5lbg==?=, Jun 19, 2006

  3. Colin Barnhorst

    Rick Guest

    Maratonmannen wrote:
    > Do you have a link to the public Vista Newsgroups?

    Here is a list of available newsgroups for
    Windows Vista as of today:

    microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
    microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
    microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_account_passwords
    microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
    microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
    microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
    microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking_sharing
    microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance
    microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
    microsoft.public.windows.vista.security
    Rick, Jun 19, 2006
  4. I have tried those, but they don´t open. "The Page cannot open."

    I am a technical Vista beta tester, so I have the newsgroups.
    But for my friends?

    Living in Sweden.

    =?Utf-8?B?TWFyYXRvbm1hbm5lbg==?=, Jun 19, 2006
  5. Colin Barnhorst

    Rick Guest

    They open for me so I don't know what to tell
    you. All I know is they work because I use them.

    Rick, Jun 19, 2006
  6. Colin Barnhorst

    Rick Guest

    Are you using: msnews.microsoft.com in the
    server name?

    I just did this in Outlook Express and I
    received the list of groups to select from. All
    the Vista ones are there. And I usually don't
    mess with Outlook Express at all. I use
    Thunderbird for my email and news.

    Rick, Jun 19, 2006
  7. They are already available in the Vista Mail newsreader. You only need to
    check off the ones you want to subscribe to. Click on Newsgroups, scroll
    down the list to Vista, or put "Vista" in the search box at the top. This
    is the list Rick has been posting in this ng:

    Colin Barnhorst, Jun 19, 2006
  8. Hi:
    Start here:
    http://www.microsoft.com/communitie...8d6-427a-48d6-84dc-a91a6c9fbb45&lang=en&cr=us
    Then use the left pane to navigate thru the other Vista NG's.
    Carlos

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Jun 19, 2006
  9. btw it is this list in the Vista Help and Support Center that is leading to
    all of the strange multiple postings. The web-based reader in Vista has a
    bug that sometimes makes the user think (falsly) that the posting failed and
    so he tries again.

    Colin Barnhorst, Jun 19, 2006
  10. Colin:
    Somehow the "General" discussion group for vista is located in two distinct
    web pages.
    Your method leads to:
    http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/co...&cr=US&r=2a072220-0dc1-4760-b70b-a63e791bbc79
    My method leads to:
    http://www.microsoft.com/communitie...8d6-427a-48d6-84dc-a91a6c9fbb45&lang=en&cr=us

    Both are for Vista General.
    Another MS bug maybe?
    Carlos

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Jun 19, 2006
  11. Beats me. If it is the same group maybe it is just redirection.

    Colin Barnhorst, Jun 20, 2006
  12. Thanks Carlos!

    That link works.

    =?Utf-8?B?TWFyYXRvbm1hbm5lbg==?=, Jun 20, 2006