    down a computer as it starts. The free version of the software simply
    observes what's happening on the machine and recommends fixes to speed
    up the process. "
    Rick, May 26, 2010

  2. Rick

    OldGringo38 Guest

    On 5/26/2010 7:05 AM Just to please that super-ego, Rick wrote the
    following tidbit of information:
    > disclaimer: I do not work for nor have stock in this company.

    Take your ad campaign and shove it.

    --
    OldGringo38
    Just West Of Nowhere
    OldGringo38, May 26, 2010

  3. Rick

    chuckcar Guest

    Rick <> wrote in

    > disclaimer: I do not work for nor have stock in this company.
    >

    > http://www.technologyreview.com/computing/25385/?nlid=3030&a=f
    >
    > "Soluto's software runs in the background on a PC and is designed to
    > detect problems that slow a machine down as well as solutions that
    > speed it up again.

    Namely itself. You speed up a computer to it's ultimate speed by not
    running *anything*.

    The idea is to collect this information and use it to
    > recommend software and hardware fixes to other users. "We know when
    > you're frustrated, we know what causes it, and if you do something
    > smart to your PC, we learn from it," says Roee Adler, chief product
    > officer for the company.

    Pure BS. This isn't rocket science, You want processing power, you don't
    use any for anything else period.

    And I bet a) it's buggy as hell b) is spyware and quite possibly malware
    to boot.

    there is *no* need for such crap at all. One word: msconfig. It comes
    *with* any version of windows after 95, is written *by* microsoft and
    works - cleanly and safely.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )
    chuckcar, May 26, 2010
  4. Rick <http://tinyurl.com/2bout62> doo-doo spamed this:

    > disclaimer: I do not work for nor have stock in this company.

    disclaimerer : I too would not work for nor own stock in that company.

    HTH.

    --

    I AM Bucky Breeder, (*(^; and I'm not talking to the aliens

    Bucky Breeder, May 26, 2010
  5. Rick

    John Holmes Guest

    chuckcar "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > msconfig. It comes
    > *with* any version of windows after 95, is written *by* microsoft and
    > works - cleanly and safely

    That's not true. Lots of trojans/malware have been written to disguise
    themselves to be invisible in the msconfig exercise, leaving them hidden in
    the registry.

    --
    <snip>
    John Holmes, May 26, 2010
  6. Rick

    YourName Guest

    On Wed, 26 May 2010 13:46:16 +0000, chuckcar wrote:

    > Rick <> wrote in
    >
    >> disclaimer: I do not work for nor have stock in this company.
    >>

    >> http://www.technologyreview.com/computing/25385/?nlid=3030&a=f
    >>
    >> "Soluto's software runs in the background on a PC and is designed to
    >> detect problems that slow a machine down as well as solutions that
    >> speed it up again.

    > Namely itself. You speed up a computer to it's ultimate speed by not
    > running *anything*.
    >
    > The idea is to collect this information and use it to
    >> recommend software and hardware fixes to other users. "We know when
    >> you're frustrated, we know what causes it, and if you do something
    >> smart to your PC, we learn from it," says Roee Adler, chief product
    >> officer for the company.
    >>

    > Pure BS. This isn't rocket science, You want processing power, you don't
    > use any for anything else period.
    >
    > And I bet a) it's buggy as hell b) is spyware and quite possibly malware
    > to boot.
    >
    > there is *no* need for such crap at all. One word: msconfig. It comes
    > *with* any version of windows after 95, is written *by* microsoft and
    > works - cleanly and safely.

    No it doesn't come with *any* version of Windows. It was not supplied
    with Windows 2000.

    Idiot.

    "msconfig" shouldn't be used but for a diagnostic tool. Use something
    like StartupCPL for disabling programs that start with the boot.

    http://www.mlin.net/StartupCPL.shtml
    YourName, May 26, 2010
  7. Rick

    chuckcar Guest

    YourName <> wrote in

    > On Wed, 26 May 2010 13:46:16 +0000, chuckcar wrote:
    >
    >> Rick <> wrote in

    >> there is *no* need for such crap at all. One word: msconfig. It comes
    >> *with* any version of windows after 95, is written *by* microsoft and
    >> works - cleanly and safely.

    > No it doesn't come with *any* version of Windows. It was not supplied
    > with Windows 2000.
    >
    > Idiot.
    >
    > "msconfig" shouldn't be used but for a diagnostic tool. Use something
    > like StartupCPL for disabling programs that start with the boot.
    >
    > http://www.mlin.net/StartupCPL.shtml

    LOL. Right, use something written by people who didn't write the OS. Mo
    thankyou. Besides, I don't *care* what the programs are, I know which
    ones *need* to be running - firewall and possibly AV scanning. Nothing
    else.

    Ok, so use regedit. And *don't* try to tell me *that* doesn't come with
    every version of windows (excepting possibly CE) from Microsoft.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )
    chuckcar, May 27, 2010
  8. Rick

    Aardvark Guest

    On Thu, 27 May 2010 22:12:21 +0000, chuckcar wrote:

    > Mo
    > thankyou

    Would that be Maurice Thankyou or Maureen Thankyou, his twin sister?

    <http://www.dickgaughan.co.uk/usenet/guide/faq08-topp.html>
    Aardvark, May 27, 2010
  9. Rick

    YourName Guest

    On Thu, 27 May 2010 22:12:21 +0000, chuckcar wrote:

    > YourName <> wrote in

    <axed>

    >> No it doesn't come with *any* version of Windows. It was not supplied
    >> with Windows 2000.
    >>
    >> Idiot.
    >>
    >> "msconfig" shouldn't be used but for a diagnostic tool. Use something
    >> like StartupCPL for disabling programs that start with the boot.
    >>
    >> http://www.mlin.net/StartupCPL.shtml

    > LOL. Right, use something written by people who didn't write the OS. Mo
    > thankyou. Besides, I don't *care* what the programs are, I know which
    > ones *need* to be running - firewall and possibly AV scanning. Nothing
    > else.

    LOL! Right! You're still an idiot. You may 'know', but the original
    poster may not know. Idiot.

    Why trust Microsoft for anything. I certainly do not. Idiot.

    > Ok, so use regedit. And *don't* try to tell me *that* doesn't come with
    > every version of windows (excepting possibly CE) from Microsoft.

    Telling the poster to use 'regedit' is really an idiotic idea.

    Oh yeah, I'm conversing with chuck "format your c drive" car! My mistake.
    YourName, May 28, 2010
  10. Rick

    Tony Guest

    Fucking with the registry is a dumb fucking idea.

    YourName wrote:

    > On Thu, 27 May 2010 22:12:21 +0000, chuckcar wrote:
    >
    > > YourName <> wrote in

    > <axed>
    >
    > >> No it doesn't come with *any* version of Windows. It was not supplied
    > >> with Windows 2000.
    > >>
    > >> Idiot.
    > >>
    > >> "msconfig" shouldn't be used but for a diagnostic tool. Use something
    > >> like StartupCPL for disabling programs that start with the boot.
    > >>
    > >> http://www.mlin.net/StartupCPL.shtml

    > > LOL. Right, use something written by people who didn't write the OS. Mo
    > > thankyou. Besides, I don't *care* what the programs are, I know which
    > > ones *need* to be running - firewall and possibly AV scanning. Nothing
    > > else.

    > LOL! Right! You're still an idiot. You may 'know', but the original
    > poster may not know. Idiot.
    >
    > Why trust Microsoft for anything. I certainly do not. Idiot.
    >
    > > Ok, so use regedit. And *don't* try to tell me *that* doesn't come with
    > > every version of windows (excepting possibly CE) from Microsoft.

    > Telling the poster to use 'regedit' is really an idiotic idea.
    >
    > Oh yeah, I'm conversing with chuck "format your c drive" car! My mistake.

    --
    The Grandmaster of the CyberFROG

    Come get your ticket to CyberFROG city

    manners

    Very few. I used to take calls from *rank* noobs but got fired the first day
    on the job for potty mouth,

    the realm of understandability

    Tony, May 28, 2010