    any of you have an idea on what may be happening?

    Thanks,

    Tanya

    crazylikedat, Nov 10, 2005

  2. crazylikedat

    Guest

    It has come to our attention that select electrical components in a limited
    number of D70 cameras may, in some instances, fail affecting camera
    performance and/or operability.

    While only a limited number of D70 cameras are affected by this advisory, if
    (1) when a memory card is inserted, your D70's memory card access lamp
    blinks, locking camera operations and preventing operation, or (2) with no
    memory card inserted, the camera will not turn on despite the battery
    indicator showing a fully charged battery, Nikon Inc. will service it free
    of charge.

    To obtain complimentary service for cameras affected by this advisory,
    please click the link below to download and print the Service Return Form.
    The Service Return Form provides return instructions.

    The Frequently Asked Questions button at the bottom of this page offers more
    information about this advisory and, should you have more questions, also
    provides information about how to contact Nikon.

    We apologize for any inconvenience you may experience.

    you will find that at
    http://www.nikonusa.com/email_images/nikonusa/service_advisory/d70.html

    we had the same problem and hunted all over the place before finding this
    and it explains alot.
    Our camera works intermittantly, seems the more we use it the less we have
    trouble with it but we're about ready to send it in for repair after this
    week-end

    , Nov 10, 2005

  3. crazylikedat

    cjcampbell Guest

    You have the blinking green light of death, a known bug in a few D70s.
    Nikon has a recall for cameras exhibiting this symptom.

    http://www.nikon.com.sg/service/D70.htm

    It is caused by a defective flexible chip, mostly in early D70 cameras.

    Contact your local authorized Nikon service center.

    cjcampbell, Nov 10, 2005
  4. crazylikedat

    Jim Guest

    "crazylikedat" <> wrote in message
    > The memory card light on the back of my D70 is blinking continuously.
    > It is doing so when turned off and turned on - when moved to the on
    > position it doesn't even turn the camera on but the light still blinks.
    > I have taken out the batteries and the flash card with no resolve. Do
    > any of you have an idea on what may be happening?
    >

    > Thanks,
    >
    > Tanya

    This is a well known hardware failure. Nikon will fix it free.
    Jim

    Jim, Nov 10, 2005