    seems that he doesn't succeed in understanding the true problem.
    Thanks for your help.

    bye Fogar

    Fogar, Aug 11, 2003

  2. Fogar

    Ghostrider Guest

    Fogar wrote:

    > Hi,
    > I have a new PC 2800 MHz with the motherboard Asus P4C800 Deluxe..
    > It has 3 removibles HDs in the respective boxes. In the first one "C"
    > I have the OS Windows XP.
    > After having turned on the PC it seems everything OK. Using a software
    > to make a test, the 3 HDs have the same value in reading and writing.
    > Later as soon as one or two minutes I feel a noise similar to that of
    > a blender and the box "E" begins to wave. When I make the test again
    > this HD has values very, very low.
    > The HD seems that is defective but I doesn't believe because when I
    > remove it, I always feel the same noise of the blender, therefore I
    > believe that it is a problem of the PC. Which problem could it have?
    > I inform you I have brought my PC twice to the technician but it
    > seems that he doesn't succeed in understanding the true problem.
    > Thanks for your help.
    >
    > bye Fogar

    Neither do I because it is difficult to understand "a noise similar to that of a
    blender". Blenders can range from Waring Blenders to a concrete mixer to
    a Cuisinart food processer. And what does "wave" mean? If the removable
    HD is vibrating quite heavily, then it is not mounted properly in its frame or
    the platters are becoming unbalanced at high speed. Should its presence be
    the only cause of this problem, then, by process of elimination, this HD is
    related to the cause...replace it.

    OTOH, one might want to consider the vibration caused by the heatsink/fan
    for the CPU. Some recent releases of the HSF for the Intel CPU's are using
    higher speed, variable-speed fans that can result in a "buzzing" noise at high
    fan RPM's, typically above 4,500 RPM. It exacerbates when the HSF is not
    mounted properly. What are the AsusProbe readings for CPU fan speed and
    CPU temperature?

    Finally, if this particular HD invokes heavy computing that might carry CPU
    temps to its extreme, especially for a CPU with an improperly mounted HSF,
    then the CPU will throttle-back.

    Ghostrider, Aug 11, 2003