    a program as long as it works. Would something like nero 9 do what Im
    suggesting? Thanks.

    itchy
    internaughtfull, Oct 11, 2009

  2. On Sun, 11 Oct 2009 09:07:31 -0700 (PDT), internaughtfull
    <> wrote:

    >Hi,
    >I have a bunch of DVDs that I recorded off of the tv. I would like
    >to transfer portions of these dvds [not the whole disk] onto
    >my computer and edit them together, and reburn them onto a
    >dvd to watch on the tv. They have been recorded at different
    >bit rates [sp, esp, hp] .I'm totaly new at this and have run into
    >a slew of programs and am a bit lost. I dont mind just buying
    >a program as long as it works. Would something like nero 9 do what Im
    >suggesting? Thanks.
    >
    >itchy

    You not only need a burning app, which Nero is great for, but you also
    need a ripping app. There are many, and there are many that are free.

    You would rip the entire disc(s) down to your PC, and then you would
    begin your edit sessions. As you compile the files you will want on a
    disc, you can burn them just like regular files to your DVD. That is...
    if you have a DVD player that can run AVI files or DIVX. That is what
    you want to convert to if you have a player for it. If you want
    universal playability, you will have to compile the disc as a DVD
    authoring session where the files that end up on the disc are the same as
    those you would see on a real DVD. Those choices happen after you rip
    all the files to your PC.
    Archimedes' Lever, Oct 11, 2009

  3. On Oct 11, 12:54 pm, Archimedes' Lever
    <> wrote:
    > On Sun, 11 Oct 2009 09:07:31 -0700 (PDT), internaughtfull
    >
    > <> wrote:
    > >Hi,
    > >I have a bunch of DVDs that I recorded off of the tv. I[...]

    > >itchy

    >   You not only need a burning app, which Nero is great for, but you also
    > need a ripping app.  There are many, and there are many that are free.
    >
    >   You would rip the entire disc(s) down to your PC, and then you would
    > begin your edit sessions. [...]

    Thanks, I looked and found several ripping programs. However, do you
    or
    anyone else know a rip program that allows you to only copy a part of
    a dvd without having to put the whole thing on your computer? I think
    that would save me a lot
    of time. Definitely Nero 9 looks like a buy.

    itchy
    internaughtfull, Oct 12, 2009
  4. On Mon, 12 Oct 2009 09:49:41 -0700 (PDT), internaughtfull
    <> wrote:

    >On Oct 11, 12:54 pm, Archimedes' Lever
    ><> wrote:
    >> On Sun, 11 Oct 2009 09:07:31 -0700 (PDT), internaughtfull
    >>
    >> <> wrote:
    >> >Hi,
    >> >I have a bunch of DVDs that I recorded off of the tv. I[...]

    >> >itchy

    >>   You not only need a burning app, which Nero is great for, but you also
    >> need a ripping app.  There are many, and there are many that are free.
    >>
    >>   You would rip the entire disc(s) down to your PC, and then you would
    >> begin your edit sessions. [...]

    >Thanks, I looked and found several ripping programs. However, do you
    >or
    >anyone else know a rip program that allows you to only copy a part of
    >a dvd without having to put the whole thing on your computer? I think
    >that would save me a lot
    >of time. Definitely Nero 9 looks like a buy.
    >
    >itchy

    If the DVDs are single session, you need to pop the whole file and edit
    at the PC. If they are multi-session, you should be able to see the
    individual sessions from a file manager and drag the ones you want.
    Archimedes' Lever, Oct 13, 2009
  5. internaughtfull

    Simmon Guest

    Simmon, Nov 27, 2009