    Action taken: Quarantine succeeded
    Date found: Monday, October 03, 2005 8:26:49 AM"

    Thanks for any help and/oe suggestion
    Arawak
    Arawak, Oct 3, 2005

  2. Arawak

    why? Guest

    On Mon, 03 Oct 2005 08:37:06 -0700, Arawak wrote:

    >Symantec AV 2005 keeps popping up a box which displays the following
    >information but even after I startup the program and delete each
    >occurance shown in the Quarantine window, it still popsup.
    >I downloaded a file from Symantec's site which is supposed to clean

    That will be the removal tool from
    http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/
    Below (the removel tool link) there is a set of manual reomve
    instructions, you did follow those?

    Above the removal tool is a list of files affected / registry changes /
    hosts file edits. Have you confirmed any or all of those changes have
    happened?

    You also applied the correct version for your OS of the 2 very old MS
    patches MS03-026 and MS04-011, the 03 and 04 are the year of release,
    2003 and 2004.

    >this specific virus but after a full scan, that program claimed not to
    >have found the virus.
    >
    >"Scan type: Auto-Protect Scan
    >Event: Threat Found!
    >Threat: W32.Mytob.U@mm