    a menu.
    Thanks
    Angela

    Angela, Dec 2, 2006

  2. Angela

    Miller Guest

    *Angela* wrote on 02.12.06 17:25:
    > Hi, Is there a way to put a shortcut to your Bookmarks in the Start Menu.
    > I would like to be able to click START, then have my Bookmarks displayed as
    > a menu.

    Wich OS? Wich program?

    Miller, Dec 3, 2006

  3. Angela

    Miller Guest

    *Angela* wrote on 02.12.06 17:25:
    > Hi, Is there a way to put a shortcut to your Bookmarks in the Start Menu.
    > I would like to be able to click START, then have my Bookmarks displayed as
    > a menu.
    > Thanks
    > Angela

    Witch OS and witch program?

    Miller, Dec 3, 2006
  4. Angela

    Miller Guest

    *Miller* wrote on 03.12.06 03:43:
    > *Angela* wrote on 02.12.06 17:25:
    >> Hi, Is there a way to put a shortcut to your Bookmarks in the Start Menu.
    >> I would like to be able to click START, then have my Bookmarks displayed as
    >> a menu.
    >> Thanks
    >> Angela

    > Witch OS and witch program?

    *AAARGH*! Fu**ing english on beer.. ;-)
    /which/ i meant!

    cu, Miller

    Miller, Dec 3, 2006
  5. Angela

    Angela Guest

    >> Witch OS and witch program?

    > *AAARGH*! Fu**ing english on beer.. ;-)
    > /which/ i meant!
    >
    > cu, Miller

    LOL, Sorry, I am running Windows XP, and firefox 2.0

    Angela

    Angela, Dec 3, 2006
  6. Angela

    Ed Mullen Guest

    Angela wrote:
    >>> Witch OS and witch program?

    >> *AAARGH*! Fu**ing english on beer.. ;-)
    >> /which/ i meant!
    >>
    >> cu, Miller

    > LOL, Sorry, I am running Windows XP, and firefox 2.0

    Bookmarks in FF are kept in an HTML file. They are /not/ like
    IE/Windows Favorites which are each discrete shortcut files on your hard
    drive. So, the short answer to your original question is: No.

    A longer answer is that you could put a shortcut to the file on your
    Start menu, click on that, and it will open in the system-specified
    default browser. That hardly seems worth the effort, though. You could
    achieve the same thing by setting the file as your default Home Page in
    Firefox. Which also seems redundant since Bookmarks are available in FF
    in a couple different ways (sidebar, manage bookmarks, and drop-down
    menus) already.

    If you *must* have this function, one way to do it is periodically
    delete all your IE/Win Favorites and then import them to IE from Firefox
    (so they'll be current) and have your Favorites folder on your Start menu.

    --
    Ed Mullen
    http://edmullen.net

    Ed Mullen, Dec 3, 2006
  7. Angela

    Angela Guest

    "Ed Mullen" <> wrote in message
    >>> *AAARGH*! Fu**ing english on beer.. ;-)
    >>> /which/ i meant!
    >>>
    >>> cu, Miller

    >> LOL, Sorry, I am running Windows XP, and firefox 2.0

    > Bookmarks in FF are kept in an HTML file. They are /not/ like IE/Windows
    > Favorites which are each discrete shortcut files on your hard drive. So,
    > the short answer to your original question is: No.
    >
    > A longer answer is that you could put a shortcut to the file on your Start
    > menu, click on that, and it will open in the system-specified default
    > browser. That hardly seems worth the effort, though. You could achieve
    > the same thing by setting the file as your default Home Page in Firefox.
    > Which also seems redundant since Bookmarks are available in FF in a couple
    > different ways (sidebar, manage bookmarks, and drop-down menus) already.
    >
    > If you *must* have this function, one way to do it is periodically delete
    > all your IE/Win Favorites and then import them to IE from Firefox (so
    > they'll be current) and have your Favorites folder on your Start menu.
    >
    > --
    > Ed Mullen
    > http://edmullen.net
    > http://mozilla.edmullen.net
    > http://abington.edmullen.net
    > I just got a physical and asked the doctor, "How do I stand?" He said,
    > "That's what puzzles me!"

    Thanks Ed, I will have a mess around now you have pointed me in the right
    direction.
    Angela

    Angela, Dec 3, 2006
  8. Angela

    Ed Mullen Guest

    Angela wrote:
    > "Ed Mullen" <> wrote in message

    >>> LOL, Sorry, I am running Windows XP, and firefox 2.0

    >> Bookmarks in FF are kept in an HTML file. They are /not/ like IE/Windows
    >> Favorites which are each discrete shortcut files on your hard drive. So,
    >> the short answer to your original question is: No.
    >>
    >> A longer answer is that you could put a shortcut to the file on your Start
    >> menu, click on that, and it will open in the system-specified default
    >> browser. That hardly seems worth the effort, though. You could achieve
    >> the same thing by setting the file as your default Home Page in Firefox.
    >> Which also seems redundant since Bookmarks are available in FF in a couple
    >> different ways (sidebar, manage bookmarks, and drop-down menus) already.
    >>
    >> If you *must* have this function, one way to do it is periodically delete
    >> all your IE/Win Favorites and then import them to IE from Firefox (so
    >> they'll be current) and have your Favorites folder on your Start menu.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Ed Mullen
    >> http://edmullen.net
    >> http://mozilla.edmullen.net
    >> http://abington.edmullen.net
    >> I just got a physical and asked the doctor, "How do I stand?" He said,
    >> "That's what puzzles me!"

    > Thanks Ed, I will have a mess around now you have pointed me in the right
    > direction.

    Happy to help. This is one of those times when you run into how you're
    used to doing things in one program and discover it's done differently
    in another. Usually, for most people, it's just a matter of learning
    and getting used to the "new ways." ;-)

    --
    Ed Mullen
    http://edmullen.net