    no more
    no less
    just slumpy

    slumpy, Jul 25, 2003

  2. slumpy

    HamMan Guest

    "slumpy" <> wrote in message
    news:bfs5lh$hs0fb$-berlin.de...
    > Right, here goes. Damn fool went and spent a grand at PC World, and

    actually
    > got a pretty good deal.
    >
    > The problem is, as he is running XP, and it is a PCW machine, he keeps
    > asking me questions I can't answer.
    >
    > Like, how do I burn data cd's ? He reckons he has the option to send music
    > files to his burner, what about data files ? How do you access XP's

    burning
    > software, in programs ?
    >
    > He's doing my head in, Oi kin tell 'ee.
    > --
    > slumpy
    > no more
    > no less
    > just slumpy

    I thought PCWorld bundled Nero or 'EZ'CD Creator with all new PC's?

    HamMan, Jul 25, 2003

  3. slumpy

    philo Guest

    "slumpy" <> wrote in message
    > Right, here goes. Damn fool went and spent a grand at PC World, and

    actually
    > got a pretty good deal.
    >
    > The problem is, as he is running XP, and it is a PCW machine, he keeps
    > asking me questions I can't answer.
    >
    > Like, how do I burn data cd's ? He reckons he has the option to send music
    > files to his burner, what about data files ? How do you access XP's

    burning
    > software, in programs ?
    >
    > He's doing my head in, Oi kin tell 'ee.
    > --
    > slumpy
    > no more
    > no less
    > just slumpy

    with XP all you do is drag and drop the files over to the cdrw
    no add'l software is usually needed

    philo, Jul 25, 2003
  4. slumpy

    Shep© Guest

    Shep©, Jul 25, 2003
  5. slumpy

    slumpy Guest

    threw back my head and roared with laughter as Shep© continued:

    >> He's doing my head in, Oi kin tell 'ee.

    > Now you know how we feel ;-)

    Ahem, tinw :p

    I wouldn't mind, but he has always had a computer and used it solely for
    gaming, but gave it loads about how proficient he was etc etc. He freaked
    when I laughed at him the other day when he said he didn't know how to
    create a folder.
    --
    slumpy
    no more

    slumpy, Jul 26, 2003
  6. slumpy

    slumpy Guest

    threw back my head and roared with laughter as Shep© continued:

    >>> Now you know how we feel ;-)

    >> Ahem, tinw :p
    >>
    >> I wouldn't mind, but he has always had a computer and used it solely
    >> for gaming, but gave it loads about how proficient he was etc etc.
    >> He freaked when I laughed at him the other day when he said he
    >> didn't know how to create a folder.

    > Heh.Heh :O)

    Oh boy he topped that just now.

    "What the **** do you mean 'drag and drop' ?"

    He's got the hump because I won't go round and sort him out. According to PC
    World all PC's are shipped with EasyCD or Nero, and he still insists nothing
    is installed.
    --
    slumpy
    no more

    slumpy, Jul 26, 2003
  7. slumpy

    HamMan Guest

    "slumpy" <> wrote in message
    > threw back my head and roared with laughter as Shep© continued:

    > >> Ahem, tinw :p
    > >>
    > >> I wouldn't mind, but he has always had a computer and used it solely
    > >> for gaming, but gave it loads about how proficient he was etc etc.
    > >> He freaked when I laughed at him the other day when he said he
    > >> didn't know how to create a folder.

    > > Heh.Heh :O)

    > Oh boy he topped that just now.
    >
    > "What the **** do you mean 'drag and drop' ?"
    >
    > He's got the hump because I won't go round and sort him out. According to

    PC
    > World all PC's are shipped with EasyCD or Nero, and he still insists

    nothing
    > is installed.
    > --
    > slumpy
    > no more
    > no less
    > just slumpy

    Difficult concept that start button isnt it

    HamMan, Jul 26, 2003
  8. slumpy

    slumpy Guest

    threw back my head and roared with laughter as HamMan continued:

    > "slumpy" <> wrote in message
    >> ?" I threw back my head and roared with laughter as Shep© continued:

    >>> Heh.Heh :O)

    >> Oh boy he topped that just now.
    >>
    >> "What the **** do you mean 'drag and drop' ?"
    >>
    >> He's got the hump because I won't go round and sort him out.
    >> According to PC World all PC's are shipped with EasyCD or Nero, and
    >> he still insists nothing is installed.
    >> --
    >> slumpy
    >> no more
    >> no less
    >> just slumpy
    >>

    > Difficult concept that start button isnt it

    It is when all he's ever done with a PC in 5 or 6 years is slip in a CD and
    shoot the bad guys. Seriously. Tells me all about kazaa, but can't spell it
    or find it on the net, lectures me on viruses but can't be bothered to
    install any AV software, refuses to run a firewall as 'there is nothing
    worth stealing on my computer', and dumps Freeserve because 'the guy on the
    helpdesk was a fuckin idiot', when I suspect he couldn't help but laugh out
    loud.

    I just know my mobile will ring at 9pm with another problem.

    "Where's the software kept on this machine ?"
    "Why is Outlook 200 not the same as Outlook Express ?"
    "My floppy disks are not floppy."
    --
    slumpy
    no more

    slumpy, Jul 26, 2003
  9. slumpy

    slumpy Guest

    threw back my head and roared with laughter as vernon simkins continued:

    > uh..im not familiar with PCworld, but you should be able to burn CDs
    > by buying Nero from the internet. And if all you want to do is burn
    > audio CDs (and you dont have the money to buy Nero), then Windows
    > Media Player 9 has a burning program built into it, making it one of
    > those few instances that you can thank microsoft.

    PCWorld tell me that you can also use Media Player to burn data cd's but I'm
    not sure about that.
    --
    slumpy
    no more

    slumpy, Jul 26, 2003
  10. "slumpy" <> wrote in message
    > Right, here goes. Damn fool went and spent a grand at PC World, and

    actually
    > got a pretty good deal.
    >
    > The problem is, as he is running XP, and it is a PCW machine, he keeps
    > asking me questions I can't answer.
    >
    > Like, how do I burn data cd's ? He reckons he has the option to send music
    > files to his burner, what about data files ? How do you access XP's

    burning
    > software, in programs ?
    >
    > He's doing my head in, Oi kin tell 'ee.
    > --
    > slumpy
    > no more
    > no less
    > just slumpy

    The links on this page may help...

    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/focuson/cdburning.asp

    Sentient Fluid, Jul 26, 2003
  11. uh..im not familiar with PCworld, but you should be able to burn CDs by

    vernon simkins, Jul 26, 2003
  12. slumpy

    slumpy Guest

    threw back my head and roared with laughter as Sentient Fluid continued:

    > "slumpy" <> wrote in message
    >> Right, here goes. Damn fool went and spent a grand at PC World, and
    >> actually got a pretty good deal.
    >>
    >> The problem is, as he is running XP, and it is a PCW machine, he
    >> keeps asking me questions I can't answer.
    >>
    >> Like, how do I burn data cd's ? He reckons he has the option to send
    >> music files to his burner, what about data files ? How do you access
    >> XP's burning software, in programs ?
    >>
    >> He's doing my head in, Oi kin tell 'ee.
    >> --
    >> slumpy
    >> no more
    >> no less
    >> just slumpy
    >>

    > The links on this page may help...
    >
    > http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/focuson/cdburning.asp

    Nice one, cheers.

    --
    slumpy
    no more

    slumpy, Jul 26, 2003
  13. "slumpy" <> wrote:

    >"So, Mr Slumpy you *really* are the perpetual comedian, aren't you ?" I
    >threw back my head and roared with laughter as HamMan continued:
    >
    >> "slumpy" <> wrote in message
    >>> "So, Mr Slumpy you *really* are the perpetual comedian, aren't you
    >>> ?" I threw back my head and roared with laughter as Shep© continued:

    >>> Oh boy he topped that just now.
    >>>
    >>> "What the **** do you mean 'drag and drop' ?"
    >>>
    >>> He's got the hump because I won't go round and sort him out.
    >>> According to PC World all PC's are shipped with EasyCD or Nero, and
    >>> he still insists nothing is installed.
    >>> --
    >>> slumpy
    >>> no more
    >>> no less
    >>> just slumpy
    >>>

    >> Difficult concept that start button isnt it

    >It is when all he's ever done with a PC in 5 or 6 years is slip in a CD and
    >shoot the bad guys. Seriously. Tells me all about kazaa, but can't spell it
    >or find it on the net, lectures me on viruses but can't be bothered to
    >install any AV software, refuses to run a firewall as 'there is nothing
    >worth stealing on my computer', and dumps Freeserve because 'the guy on the
    >helpdesk was a fuckin idiot', when I suspect he couldn't help but laugh out
    >loud.
    >
    >I just know my mobile will ring at 9pm with another problem.
    >
    >"Where's the software kept on this machine ?"
    >"Why is Outlook 200 not the same as Outlook Express ?"
    >"My floppy disks are not floppy."

    Is his name 'Brain H'?

    --
    zar 2k3 - ULC Reverend
    NuMbEr Tr3#3!!!!11! on a lits...

    - Panama!"

    - Guy Steele Jr., CLTL2

    Doctor Monsignor Larville Jones MD, Jul 26, 2003
  14. slumpy

    slumpy Guest

    threw back my head and roared with laughter as Doctor Monsignor Larville
    Jones MD continued:

    > Is his name 'Brain H'?

    Brain H's name is Brain H.
    --
    slumpy
    no more

    slumpy, Jul 27, 2003
  15. Slumpy got a bit of a superior attitude problem!!!!!!!!!!

    Hugh Sutherland, Jul 27, 2003
  16. slumpy

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Hugh Sutherland said:

    > Slumpy got a bit of a superior attitude problem!!!!!!!!!!

    No, but by the looks of it, he has you as a new troll humping his leg.

    Brian H¹©, Jul 27, 2003
  17. slumpy

    slumpy Guest

    threw back my head and roared with laughter as Hugh Sutherland continued:

    > Slumpy got a bit of a superior attitude problem!!!!!!!!!!

    Slumpy got rid of two wankers and only got one to replace them :-(
    --
    slumpy
    no more

    slumpy, Jul 27, 2003
  18. slumpy

    slumpy Guest

    threw back my head and roared with laughter as Brian H¹© continued:

    > Hugh Sutherland said:
    >
    >> Slumpy got a bit of a superior attitude problem!!!!!!!!!!
    >>

    > No, but by the looks of it, he has you as a new troll humping his leg.

    Would you believe it ?
    Doctor Cock, and his pocket parrot Bobby just hit the water in the cesspit
    and up pops another dickhead.
    --
    slumpy
    no more

    slumpy, Jul 27, 2003
  19. slumpy

    trout Guest

    Brian H¹© wrote:

    > Hugh Sutherland said:
    >
    >> Slumpy got a bit of a superior attitude problem!!!!!!!!!!
    >>

    > No, but by the looks of it, he has you as a new troll humping his leg.

    Just until he puts the finishing touches on his Master Plan to hide
    his IP address, and sneak back into Ebay.
    --
    "Tomorrow, the world!"

    trout, Jul 28, 2003
  20. slumpy

    slumpy Guest

    threw back my head and roared with laughter as trout continued:

    >>> Slumpy got a bit of a superior attitude problem!!!!!!!!!!

    >> No, but by the looks of it, he has you as a new troll humping his
    >> leg.

    > Just until he puts the finishing touches on his Master Plan to
    > hide his IP address, and sneak back into Ebay.

    ROFLMAO !!!
    --
    slumpy
    no more