    Thanks for any help.
    Regards
    oldfart
    oldfart, Nov 2, 2006

  2. oldfart wrote:
    > I have a freeware program called favourites Home Page which makes a web
    > page of all your bookmarked favourites, and when you launch your browser
    > (IE or Maxthon in my case) it will display a page from your hard drive eg:
    > (file:///C:/Program%20Files/Favorites%20Home%20Page/homepage.html) which
    > showes all your avourite sites and all one has to do ic click on a site
    > that you want to go to and it will be loaded. How can I get FireFox to load
    > this for me????
    > Thanks for any help.
    > Regards
    > oldfart

    Load the local page in Firefox, and set it as your Home Page:

    Tools>>Options>>General (1.5) or Main (2.0)

    Click Use current page.

    Lee
    Leonidas Jones, Nov 2, 2006

  3. oldfart

    oldfart Guest

    Leonidas Jones <> wrote in

    > oldfart wrote:
    >> I have a freeware program called favourites Home Page which makes a
    >> web page of all your bookmarked favourites, and when you launch your
    >> browser (IE or Maxthon in my case) it will display a page from your
    >> hard drive eg:
    >> (file:///C:/Program%20Files/Favorites%20Home%20Page/homepage.html)
    >> which showes all your avourite sites and all one has to do ic click
    >> on a site that you want to go to and it will be loaded. How can I get
    >> FireFox to load this for me????
    >> Thanks for any help.
    >> Regards
    >> oldfart

    > Load the local page in Firefox, and set it as your Home Page:
    >
    > Tools>>Options>>General (1.5) or Main (2.0)
    >
    > Click Use current page.
    >
    > Lee

    I Have tried that but no go it will not load it.????
    regards
    oldfart
    oldfart, Nov 2, 2006
  4. oldfart

    Ed Mullen Guest

    oldfart wrote:
    > Leonidas Jones <> wrote in
    >
    >> oldfart wrote:
    >>> I have a freeware program called favourites Home Page which makes a
    >>> web page of all your bookmarked favourites, and when you launch your
    >>> browser (IE or Maxthon in my case) it will display a page from your
    >>> hard drive eg:
    >>> (file:///C:/Program%20Files/Favorites%20Home%20Page/homepage.html)
    >>> which showes all your avourite sites and all one has to do ic click
    >>> on a site that you want to go to and it will be loaded. How can I get
    >>> FireFox to load this for me????
    >>> Thanks for any help.
    >>> Regards
    >>> oldfart

    >> Load the local page in Firefox, and set it as your Home Page:
    >>
    >> Tools>>Options>>General (1.5) or Main (2.0)
    >>
    >> Click Use current page.
    >>
    >> Lee
    >>

    > I Have tried that but no go it will not load it.????
    > regards
    > oldfart

    - Does it load in IE?
    - how are you trying to load it into Firefox?
    - Can you give a Web site for the utility program you used to create the
    page?

    --
    Ed Mullen
    http://edmullen.net
    Ed Mullen, Nov 2, 2006
  5. oldfart

    oldfart Guest

    Ed Mullen <> wrote in

    > oldfart wrote:
    >> Leonidas Jones <> wrote in

    your

    get
    >>> Load the local page in Firefox, and set it as your Home Page:
    >>>
    >>> Tools>>Options>>General (1.5) or Main (2.0)
    >>>
    >>> Click Use current page.
    >>>
    >>> Lee
    >>>

    >> I Have tried that but no go it will not load it.????
    >> regards
    >> oldfart

    > - Does it load in IE?
    > - how are you trying to load it into Firefox?
    > - Can you give a Web site for the utility program you used to create

    the
    > page?

    Yes it does load in IE and Maxthon here is the web site
    www.favoriteshomepage.com
    Regards
    oldfart
    oldfart, Nov 2, 2006
  6. oldfart

    Guest

    oldfart wrote:
    > Ed Mullen <> wrote in
    >
    > > oldfart wrote:
    > >> Leonidas Jones <> wrote in

    > your

    > get

    > >> I Have tried that but no go it will not load it.????
    > >> regards
    > >> oldfart

    > > - Does it load in IE?
    > > - how are you trying to load it into Firefox?
    > > - Can you give a Web site for the utility program you used to create

    > the
    > > page?
    > >

    > Yes it does load in IE and Maxthon here is the web site
    > www.favoriteshomepage.com
    > Regards
    > oldfart

    I have no idea where Dan and Lee are taking you on this.

    First, Maxthon is IE in disguise. Maxthon is just a skin/theme for IE.

    2nd, in IE they're called favourites, but in the Mozilla world, they're
    called Bookmarks.

    3rd, when you save a favourite in IE, it creates a separate file for
    each favourite saved. However, when you save a bookmark in Mozilla,
    its saved within a file called bookmarks.html Forget about this
    "program" you're trying to use. And instead, use the Mozilla
    bookmarks.html file as your home page. This is what a lot of people
    do.

    To locate your bookmark file, its stored in an area called your
    profile. You can find your profile by reading this:
    http://www.mozilla.org/support/firefox/edit#profile

    but if you're using windows, then you must read this first:
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/helpandsupport/learnmore/tips/hiddenfiles.mspx
    , Nov 2, 2006
  7. oldfart

    Guest

    wrote:

    > I have no idea where Dan and Lee are taking you on this.

    Correction, that should be Ed and Lee.
    , Nov 2, 2006
  8. wrote:
    > oldfart wrote:
    >> Ed Mullen <> wrote in

    >> your

    >> get

    >>> - Does it load in IE?
    >>> - how are you trying to load it into Firefox?
    >>> - Can you give a Web site for the utility program you used to create

    >> the
    >>> page?
    >>>

    >> Yes it does load in IE and Maxthon here is the web site
    >> www.favoriteshomepage.com
    >> Regards
    >> oldfart

    > I have no idea where Dan and Lee are taking you on this.
    >
    > First, Maxthon is IE in disguise. Maxthon is just a skin/theme for IE.
    >
    > 2nd, in IE they're called favourites, but in the Mozilla world, they're
    > called Bookmarks.
    >
    > 3rd, when you save a favourite in IE, it creates a separate file for
    > each favourite saved. However, when you save a bookmark in Mozilla,
    > its saved within a file called bookmarks.html Forget about this
    > "program" you're trying to use. And instead, use the Mozilla
    > bookmarks.html file as your home page. This is what a lot of people
    > do.
    >
    > To locate your bookmark file, its stored in an area called your
    > profile. You can find your profile by reading this:
    > http://www.mozilla.org/support/firefox/edit#profile
    >
    > but if you're using windows, then you must read this first:
    > http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/helpandsupport/learnmore/tips/hiddenfiles.mspx

    Andy, we're trying to help him load a set of custom made bookmarks as
    his home page, not his bookmarks from Firefox, though many people do
    that. Your directrions would appear to be leading him in that direction,
    which does not appear to be where he wanrs to go.
    Leonidas Jones, Nov 2, 2006
  9. oldfart wrote:
    > Ed Mullen <> wrote in
    >
    >> oldfart wrote:
    >>> Leonidas Jones <> wrote in

    > your

    > get

    >>> I Have tried that but no go it will not load it.????
    >>> regards
    >>> oldfart

    >> - Does it load in IE?
    >> - how are you trying to load it into Firefox?
    >> - Can you give a Web site for the utility program you used to create

    > the
    >> page?
    >>

    > Yes it does load in IE and Maxthon here is the web site
    > www.favoriteshomepage.com
    > Regards
    > oldfart

    Try this. OPen Firefox and choose File>>Open FIle.

    Browse to C:\\Program FIles\Favorites Home Page

    In that folder should be homepage.html. Select that to open.

    If the page opens, follw the above directions to set it as the Home Page.

    Lee
    Leonidas Jones, Nov 2, 2006
  10. oldfart

    Guest

    Leonidas Jones wrote:
    > wrote:
    > > oldfart wrote:
    > >> Ed Mullen <> wrote in

    > >> your
    > >> get

    > >> the
    > >>>
    > >> Yes it does load in IE and Maxthon here is the web site
    > >> www.favoriteshomepage.com
    > >> Regards
    > >> oldfart

    > > I have no idea where Dan and Lee are taking you on this.
    > >
    > > First, Maxthon is IE in disguise. Maxthon is just a skin/theme for IE.
    > >
    > > 2nd, in IE they're called favourites, but in the Mozilla world, they're
    > > called Bookmarks.
    > >
    > > 3rd, when you save a favourite in IE, it creates a separate file for
    > > each favourite saved. However, when you save a bookmark in Mozilla,
    > > its saved within a file called bookmarks.html Forget about this
    > > "program" you're trying to use. And instead, use the Mozilla
    > > bookmarks.html file as your home page. This is what a lot of people
    > > do.
    > >
    > > To locate your bookmark file, its stored in an area called your
    > > profile. You can find your profile by reading this:
    > > http://www.mozilla.org/support/firefox/edit#profile
    > >
    > > but if you're using windows, then you must read this first:
    > > http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/helpandsupport/learnmore/tips/hiddenfiles.mspx
    > >

    > Andy, we're trying to help him load a set of custom made bookmarks as
    > his home page, not his bookmarks from Firefox, though many people do
    > that. Your directrions would appear to be leading him in that direction,
    > which does not appear to be where he wanrs to go.

    The name is Andreas as in the Grande Panjandrum or the Grand Poo-Bah.

    Thats exactly what the OP wants. He says in the first line: "I have a
    .. . . "program" . . . which makes a web page of all your bookmarked
    favourites . . . ."

    Therefore, just use the file bookmarks.html as your home page. If the
    OP wants to use the ones in IE, then export the favourites from IE to
    an html file, and use that file as file as your Home Page. Or, import
    that file into your bookmarks html file. The OP has many choices.
    There is no need for another program.
    , Nov 3, 2006
  11. wrote:
    > Leonidas Jones wrote:
    >> wrote:

    >>> I have no idea where Dan and Lee are taking you on this.
    >>>
    >>> First, Maxthon is IE in disguise. Maxthon is just a skin/theme for IE.
    >>>
    >>> 2nd, in IE they're called favourites, but in the Mozilla world, they're
    >>> called Bookmarks.
    >>>
    >>> 3rd, when you save a favourite in IE, it creates a separate file for
    >>> each favourite saved. However, when you save a bookmark in Mozilla,
    >>> its saved within a file called bookmarks.html Forget about this
    >>> "program" you're trying to use. And instead, use the Mozilla
    >>> bookmarks.html file as your home page. This is what a lot of people
    >>> do.
    >>>
    >>> To locate your bookmark file, its stored in an area called your
    >>> profile. You can find your profile by reading this:
    >>> http://www.mozilla.org/support/firefox/edit#profile
    >>>
    >>> but if you're using windows, then you must read this first:
    >>> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/helpandsupport/learnmore/tips/hiddenfiles.mspx
    >>>

    >> Andy, we're trying to help him load a set of custom made bookmarks as
    >> his home page, not his bookmarks from Firefox, though many people do
    >> that. Your directrions would appear to be leading him in that direction,
    >> which does not appear to be where he wanrs to go.

    > The name is Andreas as in the Grande Panjandrum or the Grand Poo-Bah.
    >
    > Thats exactly what the OP wants. He says in the first line: "I have a
    > . . . "program" . . . which makes a web page of all your bookmarked
    > favourites . . . ."
    >
    > Therefore, just use the file bookmarks.html as your home page. If the
    > OP wants to use the ones in IE, then export the favourites from IE to
    > an html file, and use that file as file as your Home Page. Or, import
    > that file into your bookmarks html file. The OP has many choices.
    > There is no need for another program.

    What ever you want, you used to go by Andy as well, much as I go by Lee,
    but its your name Andreas.

    He has downloaded a program which creates a separate web page in a
    separate location in Program Files. That's the page he is seeing in IE,
    and that's the page he wants to use as his FF start page, *not* his FF
    bookmarks.html.

    Its good to see you back, by the way! :)

    Another aside, what's up with your UA string?

    Mozilla/4.0(compatible;MSIE 6.0 Windows NT 5.1) Firefox
    2.0,gzip(gfe).gzip(gfe)

    New one on me!

    Lee
    Leonidas Jones, Nov 3, 2006
  12. oldfart

    Guest

    Leonidas Jones wrote:

    > What ever you want, you used to go by Andy as well, much as I go by Lee,
    > but its your name Andreas.
    >

    > Its good to see you back, by the way! :)
    >
    > Another aside, what's up with your UA string?
    >
    > Mozilla/4.0(compatible;MSIE 6.0 Windows NT 5.1) Firefox
    > 2.0,gzip(gfe).gzip(gfe)
    >
    > New one on me!
    >
    > Lee

    It's always been Andreas. Its German. The English/Christian version
    of it is Andy. It was our old friend /b who always called me Andy, so
    I used it at a time.

    I don't know what you're talking about about my UA string. Whats so
    unusual about it? If you're talking about the gzip(gfe).gzip(gfe) then
    thats what Googlegroups adds.
    , Nov 3, 2006
  13. oldfart

    Chuck Guest

    oldfart wrote:
    > I have a freeware program called favourites Home Page which makes a web
    > page of all your bookmarked favourites, and when you launch your browser
    > (IE or Maxthon in my case) it will display a page from your hard drive eg:
    > (file:///C:/Program%20Files/Favorites%20Home%20Page/homepage.html) which
    > showes all your avourite sites and all one has to do ic click on a site
    > that you want to go to and it will be loaded. How can I get FireFox to load
    > this for me????
    > Thanks for any help.
    > Regards
    > oldfart

    Sounds like the freeware program does the same thing as "export
    bookmarks" which is built in to firefox.

    Open it and set it as your start page. Of course if you bookmark a new
    page you'd need to reexport.
    Chuck, Nov 3, 2006
  14. oldfart

    Ed Mullen Guest

    oldfart wrote:
    > Ed Mullen <> wrote in
    >
    >> oldfart wrote:
    >>> Leonidas Jones <> wrote in

    > your

    > get

    >>> I Have tried that but no go it will not load it.????
    >>> regards
    >>> oldfart

    >> - Does it load in IE?
    >> - how are you trying to load it into Firefox?
    >> - Can you give a Web site for the utility program you used to create

    > the
    >> page?
    >>

    > Yes it does load in IE and Maxthon here is the web site
    > www.favoriteshomepage.com
    > Regards
    > oldfart

    You didn't answer question number two. So, again:

    - how are you trying to load it into Firefox?

    --
    Ed Mullen
    http://edmullen.net
    http://mozilla.edmullen.net
    http://abington.edmullen.net
    If it's true that we are here to help others, then what exactly are the
    OTHERS here for?
    Ed Mullen, Nov 3, 2006
  15. oldfart

    Ed Mullen Guest

    Ed Mullen wrote:
    > oldfart wrote:
    >> Ed Mullen <> wrote in

    >> your

    >> get

    >>> - Does it load in IE?
    >>> - how are you trying to load it into Firefox?
    >>> - Can you give a Web site for the utility program you used to create

    >> the
    >>> page?
    >>>

    >> Yes it does load in IE and Maxthon here is the web site
    >> www.favoriteshomepage.com Regards
    >> oldfart

    > You didn't answer question number two. So, again:
    >
    > - how are you trying to load it into Firefox?

    And further, exactly what program on the page you provided are you using
    to create this favourites file?

    --
    Ed Mullen
    http://edmullen.net