    Thanks!

    Get freeware
    http://www.vbmark.com
    vbMark, Oct 13, 2005

  2. vbMark

    Plato Guest

    vbMark wrote:

    > I had come across this website where you could request a software program
    > to be written and they would try to make it happen. It was a free service
    > and mostly involved small utility programs.
    >
    > Does anyone know the site that I'm talking about?

    Who paid them for their time and effort? If nobody, well....

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/
    Plato, Oct 14, 2005

  3. vbMark

    zarathustra Guest

    vbMark <> drooled:

    >Hello,
    >
    >I had come across this website where you could request a software program
    >to be written and they would try to make it happen. It was a free service
    >and mostly involved small utility programs.
    >
    >Does anyone know the site that I'm talking about?
    >
    >Thanks!

    Have you looked in your history yet?

    --

    Stop Verisign DNS Abuse!:
    http://www.whois.sc/verisign-dns/

    The Boulder Pledge:
    "Under no circumstances will I ever purchase anything offered to me as the result of an unsolicited e-mail message. Nor will I forward chain letters, petitions, mass mailings, or virus warnings to large numbers of others. This is my contribution to the survival of the online community."
    - as proposed by Roger Ebert
    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=boulder pledge

    "It's amazing I won. I was running against
    peace, prosperity, and incumbency."
    - Dubya Bush, June 14 2001, unaware that live
    television cameras were still rolling.

    Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia:
    a fear of long words...

    Profanisaurus (now):http://tinyurl.com/ajbwm
    http://www.limmy.com/playthings/xylophone/
    http://www.mediaboy.net/1010100-1100001-1111010/gahk/

    'the real TOMMY Tutalidge' wrote in message
    news:: - "The people that post in yenc have a
    pickle shoved up their arse."
    & '-= Hawk =-' replied in message
    news:nkhdcv4c8uga0jonl0jpcgr8mt3g6m49na@news-server: - "And the people
    (like you) who whine about yEnc eat those pickles."

    - Panama!"- Guy Steele Jr., CLTL2)

    zar 2k5 - ULC Minister
    AND
    http://www.drcnet.org/ http://www.timecube.com/
    NuMbEr Tr3#3!!!!1! on a lits...

    Infinity is where things happen that don't
    - Anonymous

    Der Weg ist das Ziel

    sic transit gloria mundi

    There are 10 kinds of people in this world:
    01 - Those who can count in binary.
    10 - Those who can't.

    etc.
    zarathustra, Oct 14, 2005
  4. vbMark

    vbMark Guest

    Plato <|@|.|> wrote in news:434efdb6$1$246$:

    > vbMark wrote:
    >>
    >> I had come across this website where you could request a software
    >> program to be written and they would try to make it happen. It was a
    >> free service and mostly involved small utility programs.
    >>
    >> Does anyone know the site that I'm talking about?

    > Who paid them for their time and effort? If nobody, well....

    Are you implying that it doesn't really exist?

    They do it for the love of programming.

    Get freeware
    http://www.vbmark.com
    vbMark, Oct 14, 2005
  5. vbMark

    vbMark Guest

    zarathustra <> wrote in

    > vbMark <> drooled:
    >
    >>Hello,
    >>
    >>I had come across this website where you could request a software
    >>program to be written and they would try to make it happen. It was a
    >>free service and mostly involved small utility programs.
    >>
    >>Does anyone know the site that I'm talking about?
    >>
    >>Thanks!

    > Have you looked in your history yet?

    Good idea but I tried that. I have hundreds of links in there. I tried
    searching on some words but no luck.

    Thanks though.

    Get freeware
    http://www.vbmark.com
    vbMark, Oct 14, 2005
  6. vbMark

    zarathustra Guest

    vbMark <> drooled:

    >zarathustra <> wrote in
    >
    >> vbMark <> drooled:
    >>
    >>>Hello,
    >>>
    >>>I had come across this website where you could request a software
    >>>program to be written and they would try to make it happen. It was a
    >>>free service and mostly involved small utility programs.
    >>>
    >>>Does anyone know the site that I'm talking about?
    >>>
    >>>Thanks!

    >> Have you looked in your history yet?
    >>

    >Good idea but I tried that. I have hundreds of links in there. I tried
    >searching on some words but no luck.
    >
    >Thanks though.

    Someone in one of the forums listed ought to be able to help you, or
    at least point you in the right direction:
    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&safe=off&q=community forum coding programming +by request

    PS You'd do well to ignore the dolt calling itself 'plato'.

    zarathustra, Oct 15, 2005
  7. vbMark

    vbMark Guest

    zarathustra <> wrote in

    > vbMark <> drooled:
    >
    >>zarathustra <> wrote in
    >>
    >>> vbMark <> drooled:

    >>> Have you looked in your history yet?
    >>>

    >>Good idea but I tried that. I have hundreds of links in there. I
    >>tried searching on some words but no luck.
    >>
    >>Thanks though.

    > Someone in one of the forums listed ought to be able to help you, or
    > at least point you in the right direction:
    > http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&safe=off&q=community forum codin
    > g+programming+%2Bby+request
    >
    > PS You'd do well to ignore the dolt calling itself 'plato'.

    Someone in another group found it for me. It was:
    http://www.donationcoder.com/

    Thanks!

    Get freeware
    http://www.vbmark.com