    --
    Thanks

    Traveling

    Traveling, Nov 9, 2003

  2. Traveling

    Steinberger Guest

    If there is such a digital camera, I've never come across it. Perhaps you
    should stick to a good quality point-and-shoot conventional film camera for
    your wife?

    Alternatively, buy her something like the Canon Digital Elf, set it up for
    basic automatic operation, and let her use it forever in that mode. You
    should be able to get away with teaching her how to turn it on, how to point
    and shoot, and how to turn it off. You'll have to handle the processing
    chores, of course. If you're wife isn't comfortable with adjusting a
    camera's settings, she won't be comfortable with transferring the data to a
    computer, processing and printing, etc.

    Good luck,

    Steinberger, Nov 9, 2003

  3. Traveling

    Joanne Guest

    I've never heard of a digital camera that didn't use a menu system. It
    would need to have dozens of buttons to handle all the functions!

    Joanne, Nov 9, 2003
  4. Traveling

    Guest

    Traveling <> wrote:
    > I want to buy my wife a 3 MEGAPIXEL digital camera that is VERY SIMPLE
    > to operate. She must be able to set resolution, flash, self-timer, and
    > download mode "without using a menu and the LCD screen". Preferably,
    > these settings should show on a status screen on the top of the camera.
    > I'm trying to keep her from using the LCD screen except to view images.
    > If it's too complicated, she won't use it. Picture quality is important.

    > Is there a web site that rates cameras by EASE OF USE. Most camera
    > finders will locate on features i.e. resolution, zoom, memory, etc. but
    > not EASE OF USE.

    Ease of use is largely a matter of personal preference. Check out
    http://www.dpreview.com to identify cameras that are in your price
    range, then stop by a good camera store to actually try out the
    cameras and have your wife decide for herself which ones seem easy
    for her to use, then buy the camera there.

    , Nov 10, 2003
  5. Traveling

    Mark Grady Guest

    Read the reviews at www.steves-digicams.com or www.dpreview.com

    Mark Grady, Nov 10, 2003
  6. Traveling

    Guest Guest

    I'd look at the fluffier among the consumer tech magazines at libraries. I'm
    not trying to be insulting since ease of use GUI etc. is valuable
    consideration.

    I'm not sure if consumer reports includes rating for ease of use in cam
    reports. they do for other products.

    "Traveling" <> wrote in message
    > I want to buy my wife a 3 MEGAPIXEL digital camera that is VERY SIMPLE
    > to operate. She must be able to set resolution, flash, self-timer, and
    > download mode "without using a menu and the LCD screen". Preferably,
    > these settings should show on a status screen on the top of the camera.
    > I'm trying to keep her from using the LCD screen except to view images.
    > If it's too complicated, she won't use it. Picture quality is important.

    she should definitely try out the cameras at retail stores. call to see
    which store keeps a media card in their demo/display models.

    Guest, Nov 11, 2003