Help -- Fans not spinning

Discussion in 'General Computer Support' started by Juffalo, Dec 20, 2007.

  1. Juffalo

    Juffalo

    Joined:
    Dec 20, 2007
    Messages:
    1
    my laptop was having some overheating issues so I decided to open it up and have a look.

    I have an ASUS model laptop running Windows XP with service pack 2

    I have 3 fans, one over the heatsink, one over the videocard, and one over the ram.

    I turn on the laptop and all 3 fans start spinning, but as soon as windows begins loading, the 2 over the videocard and ram stop spinning, only the fan over the heatsink keeps spinning. It seems that fans are working fine and start spinning, but nothing tells them to keep spinning, and the videocard promptly overheats.

    I'm pretty positive everything is connected properly otherwise the fans wouldn't spin at all.

    Sorry I really don't know what details I should give. It's an ASUS model Laptop I bought from Ibuypower.com a couple years ago, and yes the warranty is expired

    Link to a review, shows all the specs and pictures.

    http://www.notebookreview.com/default.asp?newsID=2576

    There's a picture with the bottom off where you can see the fans in question, it's those two little buggers in the middle that are giving me trouble

    Juffalo, Dec 20, 2007