    Please let me know.
    Thanks.
    Eddie
    Edward Holub, Jan 6, 2005

  2. Edward Holub

    Joshua Zyber Guest

    "Edward Holub" <> wrote in message
    news:M80Dd.2102$...
    > Hey folks,
    > Does anyone know the name of the organ solo played by Fats Waller
    > in the
    > movie Eraserhead?
    > Please let me know.

    The soundtrack CD has these tracks credited to Waller:

    Digah's Stomp
    Lenox Avenue Blues
    Messin' Around with the Blues

    http://www.moviemusic.com/CD/eraserhead.html
    Joshua Zyber, Jan 6, 2005

  3. Edward Holub

    Bob D. Guest

    Even though it's corny cheap film, I found Eraserhead to be very dark. Dark
    to the point that I couldn't finish watching it. I'm curious if it had that
    affect on anyone else.

    --
    Bob D.

    Bob D., Jan 8, 2005
  4. Edward Holub

    Mike Russell Guest

    Bob D. wrote:
    > Even though it's corny cheap film, I found Eraserhead to be very
    > dark. Dark to the point that I couldn't finish watching it. I'm
    > curious if it had that affect on anyone else.

    Absolutely - it's Eraserhead after all. It's so ridiculously dark it turns
    into a parody of darkness, to the point where some people even think it's
    funny. I really hated the fetus though.

    But don't let it get to you. Delicatessan is a hilariously dark movie that
    does what Eraserhead does, but better IMHO. If you want something really
    depressing, to put it all in perspective, try "The Boost" with James Woods.
    :) Then Eraserhead will seem like "The Wizard of Oz" - or "Oz" anyway.
    --

    Mike Russell
    www.geigy.2y.net
    Mike Russell, Jan 8, 2005
  5. Edward Holub

    Nick Guest

    A corny cheap film??!!! Oh dear oh dear...god knows what you'll think of the
    rest of David Lynch's crap films....

    Nick

    Nick, Jan 9, 2005
  6. Edward Holub

    Bob D. Guest

    I'll have to try some of David Lynch's other films. I started going to
    horror movies at the age of six and never had a single nightmare. I loved
    the Exorcist. But now, even as an adult, I can't emotionally handle the
    fetus scene in Eraserhead. And, this is a movie that's been played on
    daytime TV! Is it that dramatic, or am I just a pansy?

    --
    Bob D.

    Bob D., Jan 10, 2005
  7. Edward Holub

    Joshua Zyber Guest

    "Bob D." <> wrote in message
    > I'll have to try some of David Lynch's other films. I started going to
    > horror movies at the age of six and never had a single nightmare. I
    > loved the Exorcist. But now, even as an adult, I can't emotionally
    > handle the fetus scene in Eraserhead. And, this is a movie that's been
    > played on daytime TV! Is it that dramatic, or am I just a pansy?

    Where was Eraserhead ever played on daytime TV?
    Joshua Zyber, Jan 10, 2005
  8. On Mon, 10 Jan 2005, Bob D. wrote:

    > I'll have to try some of David Lynch's other films. I started going to
    > horror movies at the age of six and never had a single nightmare. I loved
    > the Exorcist. But now, even as an adult, I can't emotionally handle the
    > fetus scene in Eraserhead. And, this is a movie that's been played on
    > daytime TV! Is it that dramatic, or am I just a pansy?

    "Oh! You ARE sick!"

    One of my favourite scenes ever...and I first saw this when I was 13.

    swac
    Stephen Cooke, Jan 10, 2005
  9. On Mon, 10 Jan 2005, Joshua Zyber wrote:

    > "Bob D." <> wrote in message
    > > I'll have to try some of David Lynch's other films. I started going to
    > > horror movies at the age of six and never had a single nightmare. I
    > > loved the Exorcist. But now, even as an adult, I can't emotionally
    > > handle the fetus scene in Eraserhead. And, this is a movie that's been
    > > played on daytime TV! Is it that dramatic, or am I just a pansy?

    > Where was Eraserhead ever played on daytime TV?

    It was a popular children's program in East Germany.

    swac
    Stephen Cooke, Jan 10, 2005
  10. Edward Holub

    Nick Guest

    I hope everyone realises I was being sarcastic!...I've got everything by
    Lynch on DVD (that you can get on DVD) although I still don't have the
    Eraserhead r1 SE and Twin Peaks Fire Walk with me yet.

    Nick, Jan 10, 2005
  11. So, you've gotten "Wild At Heart"?

    Bernie Woodham, Jan 11, 2005
  12. Edward Holub

    Nick Guest

    Yep I got the uncut r2 one with nothing on it. Thinking about getting the r1
    se but its slightly cut (which makes a change r1's being cut instead of
    r2's!)

    Nick

    Nick, Jan 13, 2005
  13. Edward Holub

    Joshua Zyber Guest

    "Nick" <> wrote in message
    [Wild at Heart]
    > Yep I got the uncut r2 one with nothing on it. Thinking about getting
    > the r1 se but its slightly cut (which makes a change r1's being cut
    > instead of r2's!)

    Wild at Heart is not "cut". It has the original US theatrical release
    with a video remaster personally supervised by David Lynch.

    The gore at the end was not "cut". A digital smoke effect was added by
    Lynch to secure an R rating.
    Joshua Zyber, Jan 14, 2005
  14. Edward Holub

    Patrick Neve Guest

    On Mon, 10 Jan 2005, Nick wrote:
    > I hope everyone realises I was being sarcastic!...I've got everything by
    > Lynch on DVD (that you can get on DVD) although I still don't have the
    > Eraserhead r1 SE and Twin Peaks Fire Walk with me yet.

    Are you talking about the davidlynch.com distributed version of
    Eraserhead? Because if so, the picture quality is nothing short of
    staggeringly good. It was restored one frame at a time by hand.. egads,
    what a lot of work. And it shows. It's really a breath-taking picture.
    the whites are white, the blacks are black, and there are a zillion
    delicate shades of gray, all of them bleak and depressing. :)
    The audio does suffer a bit.. unfortunately it's a freaking mp3 track, I'm
    not kidding. What happened to the promise of an uncompressed PCM track?
    Well, I'll tell you. It went away to make room for a long documentary,
    possibly as long as the feature itself. It's an interesting enough
    featurette, lots of DL blabbing about the movie, and other stuff. I would
    have greatly preferred it if it were given its own disc, freeing up the
    first DVD for the stellar Eraserhead master with an uncompressed
    soundtrack.
    With that one caveat about the audio, I still can't recommend the DVD
    highly enough.
    Or is there another r1 SE I don't know about?
    Patrick Neve, Jan 14, 2005
  15. Edward Holub

    Joe S Guest

    Patrick Neve wrote:
    > On Mon, 10 Jan 2005, Nick wrote:
    >
    >>I hope everyone realises I was being sarcastic!...I've got everything by
    >>Lynch on DVD (that you can get on DVD) although I still don't have the
    >>Eraserhead r1 SE and Twin Peaks Fire Walk with me yet.

    > Are you talking about the davidlynch.com distributed version of
    > Eraserhead? Because if so, the picture quality is nothing short of
    > staggeringly good. It was restored one frame at a time by hand.. egads,
    > what a lot of work. And it shows. It's really a breath-taking picture.
    > the whites are white, the blacks are black, and there are a zillion
    > delicate shades of gray, all of them bleak and depressing. :)
    > The audio does suffer a bit.. unfortunately it's a freaking mp3 track, I'm
    > not kidding. What happened to the promise of an uncompressed PCM track?
    > Well, I'll tell you. It went away to make room for a long documentary,
    > possibly as long as the feature itself. It's an interesting enough
    > featurette, lots of DL blabbing about the movie, and other stuff. I would
    > have greatly preferred it if it were given its own disc, freeing up the
    > first DVD for the stellar Eraserhead master with an uncompressed
    > soundtrack.
    > With that one caveat about the audio, I still can't recommend the DVD
    > highly enough.
    > Or is there another r1 SE I don't know about?

    What do you mean by "it's an MP3 track"?

    Joe
    Joe S, Jan 15, 2005
  16. Edward Holub

    unclejr Guest

    Re: HELP!!! Eraserhead question

    Patrick Neve wrote:
    > The audio does suffer a bit.. unfortunately it's a freaking mp3
    > track, I'm not kidding. What happened to the promise of an
    > uncompressed PCM track?

    Mine is DD 2.0...

    -Junior
    unclejr, Jan 15, 2005
  17. Edward Holub

    Joshua Zyber Guest

    "Patrick Neve" <> wrote in message
    > The audio does suffer a bit.. unfortunately it's a freaking mp3 track,
    > I'm
    > not kidding. What happened to the promise of an uncompressed PCM
    > track?

    It's not an MP3 track. There is no such thing as a DVD with MP3 audio.
    The Eraserhead soundtrack was originally going to be uncompressed PCM,
    but Lynch found this interfered with the compression rate of the video
    and affected the picture quality. What is on the disc is a Dolby 2.0
    track instead.
    Joshua Zyber, Jan 15, 2005
  18. Edward Holub

    Patrick Neve Guest

    On Sat, 15 Jan 2005, Joe S wrote:
    > What do you mean by "it's an MP3 track"?

    Oh shoot, I went back and checked, and I was wrong. It is in fact a Dolby
    Digital 2.0 track. Please forgive my confusion.. I got this disc about
    the time I also got a homemade version of 200 Motels. THAT movie had an
    mp3 track instead of a Dolby Digital. Either movie would have benefitted
    from a PCM or at the very least a DTS track. I think what mixed me up is
    that for the years the Eraserhead DVD was in production, they had promised
    an uncompressed PCM soundtrack. I was somewhat dismayed to find it was
    only Dolby Digital, and even more so that 200 Motels used an mp3.

    Sorry again for any confusion.
    -Patrick
    Patrick Neve, Jan 16, 2005
  19. Edward Holub

    Joe S Guest

    Patrick Neve wrote:
    > On Sat, 15 Jan 2005, Joe S wrote:
    >
    >>What do you mean by "it's an MP3 track"?

    > Oh shoot, I went back and checked, and I was wrong. It is in fact a Dolby
    > Digital 2.0 track. Please forgive my confusion.. I got this disc about
    > the time I also got a homemade version of 200 Motels. THAT movie had an
    > mp3 track instead of a Dolby Digital. Either movie would have benefitted
    > from a PCM or at the very least a DTS track. I think what mixed me up is
    > that for the years the Eraserhead DVD was in production, they had promised
    > an uncompressed PCM soundtrack. I was somewhat dismayed to find it was
    > only Dolby Digital, and even more so that 200 Motels used an mp3.
    >
    > Sorry again for any confusion.
    > -Patrick

    MP3 is not in the DVD spec...no DVD has an MP3 soundtrack.

    Joe
    Joe S, Jan 16, 2005
  20. Edward Holub

    Patrick Neve Guest

    On Sun, 16 Jan 2005, Joe S wrote:
    > MP3 is not in the DVD spec...

    True.

    > no DVD has an MP3 soundtrack.

    Untrue.

    Like I said, it was a homemade DVD. You can put whatever you want on a
    DVD-R. Whether or not your player will play it, that's another matter.
    Patrick Neve, Jan 17, 2005