Help: Energizer or Duracell camcorder battery

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by tony555, Nov 25, 2003.

  1. tony555

    tony555 Guest

    Hi to all

    sorry , that my post it is for this group , but I think
    You are experienced users of Camcorder equipment too.

    I need your advice regarding quality of Energizer and Duracell
    battery for my camcorder.

    camcorder is JVC Gr-axm225-u and brand jvc-bn-v11u Ni-Cad
    6v 1100mah , battery felt a few weeks ago,, so I need to buy a new one.
    I found 2 brands in the local store , but I don't know which one
    has better quality etc.

    Energizer CCm-5260-M [ 2000maH, 6v, NIMH , 3-years warrt.
    Duracell DR-10 [2100mah ,6v, NiMH , 3-y warranty]

    The Duracell has little higher capacity over Energ. but
    the most important factor it is for me ,,

    ==> what brand has better
    quality for recharge and internal cells. ??????

    Also please let me know , if my JVC charger AA-V16 can be used
    for NiMH new battery.

    Thank you for your advice. tony

    tony555, Nov 25, 2003

  2. tony555

    Canopus Guest

    Re: Energizer or Duracell camcorder battery

    "tony555" wrote in message
    > Hi to all
    >
    > sorry , that my post it is for this group , but I think
    > You are experienced users of Camcorder equipment too.
    >
    > I need your advice regarding quality of Energizer and Duracell
    > battery for my camcorder.
    >
    > camcorder is JVC Gr-axm225-u and brand jvc-bn-v11u Ni-Cad
    > 6v 1100mah , battery felt a few weeks ago,, so I need to buy a new one.
    > I found 2 brands in the local store , but I don't know which one
    > has better quality etc.
    >
    > Energizer CCm-5260-M [ 2000maH, 6v, NIMH , 3-years warrt.
    > Duracell DR-10 [2100mah ,6v, NiMH , 3-y warranty]
    >
    > The Duracell has little higher capacity over Energ. but
    > the most important factor it is for me ,,
    >
    > ==> what brand has better
    > quality for recharge and internal cells. ??????
    >
    > Also please let me know , if my JVC charger AA-V16 can be used
    > for NiMH new battery.
    >
    > Thank you for your advice. tony

    Glad you asked that question, I was beginning to think that Energizers were
    the only make of rechargeable batteries on the market as I've never seen any
    other brand although I've been looking out for alternatives.

    When I first use Energizers they seemed to be OK, but, after a few uses I've
    been finding that one in four seems to be completely discharged while the
    other three are OK. This seems to happen with every four pack I buy so I am
    now marking the cell that has been completely discharged to see if it is
    battery quality or my camera discharging one more than the other ones
    although I cannot see how this can be because as far as I know they are
    connected in series and should all discharge at equal rates.

    I'll come back to this one after doing some more investigation. Meanwhile
    I'll be keeping my eyes open for Duracell rechargeable batteries as I like
    that make.

    Rob

    Canopus, Nov 25, 2003