    But, the drive won't read any blank DVD RW discs (2x).

    Am I overlooking anything?

    Thanks
    Kevin Barnard, Apr 11, 2004

  2. Kevin Barnard

    Todd Howard Guest

    Sometimes DVD burners are picky as to what media they enjoy.....try a
    different brand of media....
    TH
    "Kevin Barnard" <> wrote in message
    > I've just unpacked my Fujitsu Siemens Amilo D 7830. It has a DVD RW + R
    > drive. RW speed is 2.4x.
    >
    > It plays DVD movies and CD's no problem.
    >
    > But, the drive won't read any blank DVD RW discs (2x).
    >
    > Am I overlooking anything?
    >
    > Thanks

    ---
    Todd Howard, Apr 11, 2004

  3. Kevin Barnard

    bearman Guest

    > I've just unpacked my Fujitsu Siemens Amilo D 7830. It has a DVD RW + R
    > drive. RW speed is 2.4x.
    >
    > It plays DVD movies and CD's no problem.
    >
    > But, the drive won't read any blank DVD RW discs (2x).
    >
    > Am I overlooking anything?
    >
    > Thanks

    I don't mean to be a smartass but what are you looking for on a "blank" DVD
    RW disk?

    Bearman
    bearman, Apr 11, 2004
  4. Kevin Barnard

    Hoffman Guest

    Just in case you forgot to check, make sure the blanks it won't read are
    +RW, not -. If they happen to be minus, it, of course, won't be able to read
    them.

    Larry

    Hoffman, Apr 11, 2004
  5. Kevin Barnard

    Plato Guest

    Kevin Barnard wrote:

    > I've just unpacked my Fujitsu Siemens Amilo D 7830. It has a DVD RW + R
    > drive. RW speed is 2.4x.
    >
    > It plays DVD movies and CD's no problem.
    >
    > But, the drive won't read any blank DVD RW discs (2x).

    Got a program with packet writing installed?

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/
    Plato, Apr 11, 2004
  6. Thanks, that sorted it out.