    If anyone could point me in the right direction I would be grateful.

    Thanks.

    Ken
    Bald Eagle, Dec 11, 2005

  2. Bald Eagle

    bmoag Guest

    You need a special program to access the boot info and you should not do
    this unless you understand how to.
    If you install Win2k in a separate partition after you install ME I believe
    the Win2k boot loader should automatically give you the dual boot option.
    bmoag, Dec 11, 2005

  3. Bald Eagle

    C Guest

    On Sun, 11 Dec 2005 17:02:26 GMT, Bald Eagle
    <> wrote:

    >I have a system with 2 partitions on one drive. I installed Windows
    >ME on 'C' drive and then on the 2nd partition 'D' put Win 2000 Pro.
    >I let the kids have access to the ME and I use the Win2k.
    >
    >The ME build got all messed up so I reformatted "c" and reinstalled
    >ME. I saved the 'Boot.ini" and 'ntldr' and reloaded them on the root
    >of "c" thinking this would give me the menu option of either
    >operating system but it is not.
    >
    >If anyone could point me in the right direction I would be grateful.
    >
    >Thanks.
    >
    >Ken

    Since you originally set the computer up with ME and then 2k,then
    formatted and re installed Me the 2k bootloader is messed up.Have you
    viewed the boot.ini file.Post on either alt.os.windows.xp or
    alt.os.windows2000

    C.
    C, Dec 11, 2005
  4. Bald Eagle

    Bald Eagle Guest

    On Sun, 11 Dec 2005 17:52:28 GMT, "bmoag" <> wrote:

    >You need a special program to access the boot info and you should not do
    >this unless you understand how to.
    >If you install Win2k in a separate partition after you install ME I believe
    >the Win2k boot loader should automatically give you the dual boot option.

    Thanks for the reply.

    Originally I did the ME install first and then the Win2k and it worked
    perfectly. Now, however, I have to access my Win2k partition. What
    kind of special program were you refering to? I might have to try
    that route.

    Thanks

    Ken
    Bald Eagle, Dec 11, 2005
  5. Bald Eagle

    nos1eep Guest

    On Sun, 11 Dec 2005 18:44:27 GMT, Bald Eagle
    <> spewed the following drivel:

    <On Sun, 11 Dec 2005 17:52:28 GMT, "bmoag" <> wrote:
    <
    <>You need a special program to access the boot info and you should
    not do
    <>this unless you understand how to.
    <>If you install Win2k in a separate partition after you install ME I
    believe
    <>the Win2k boot loader should automatically give you the dual boot
    option.
    <>
    <
    <Thanks for the reply.
    <
    <Originally I did the ME install first and then the Win2k and it
    worked
    <perfectly. Now, however, I have to access my Win2k partition. What
    <kind of special program were you refering to? I might have to try
    <that route.

    There are a number of things that you can do at this point but the
    easiest, by far is just do a repair install of 2k.
    www.winsupersite.com/showcase/win2k_pro_install.asp
    __

    -nos1eep

    http://www.searchlores.org/way_kook.htm
    nos1eep, Dec 11, 2005
  6. Bald Eagle

    Spajky Guest

    <> wrote:

    >The ME build got all messed up so I reformatted "c" and reinstalled
    >ME. I saved the 'Boot.ini" and 'ntldr' and reloaded them on the root
    >of "c" thinking this would give me the menu option of either
    >operating system but it is not.

    you´ve installed WinME w/o /IR switch so you´ve screwed MBR of the HD!
    You need to repair it somehow. (Repair install w2k shoud do it if
    possible). BTW, Do you have w2k on NTFS on second partition?
    --
    Regards , SPAJKY ®
    mail addr. @ my site @ http://www.spajky.vze.com
    Spajky, Dec 11, 2005
  7. Bald Eagle

    Mark Mandell Guest

    "Bald Eagle" <> wrote in message
    > On Sun, 11 Dec 2005 17:52:28 GMT, "bmoag" <> wrote:
    >
    >>You need a special program to access the boot info and you should not do
    >>this unless you understand how to.
    >>If you install Win2k in a separate partition after you install ME I
    >>believe
    >>the Win2k boot loader should automatically give you the dual boot option.
    >>

    > Thanks for the reply.
    >
    > Originally I did the ME install first and then the Win2k and it worked
    > perfectly. Now, however, I have to access my Win2k partition. What
    > kind of special program were you refering to? I might have to try
    > that route.
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Ken

    Access the Recovery Console again and use the command bootcfg /rebuild.
    Mark Mandell, Dec 12, 2005