    This seems like an Explorer glitch, but I have never experienced this so I
    have no idea where to fix it. Can somebody please help?1

    Thanks

    hugh jass, Dec 1, 2004

  2. hugh jass

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "hugh jass" <> wrote in message
    news:2Rqrd.18839$...
    | Hello all,
    | I have noticed today that I am not able to drag and drop anything in
    | windowsXP.
    | This includes
    | -icons on the desktop to new locations
    | -files from Explorer to email as attachment
    | -files or folders from one location to another in Explorer.
    |
    | This seems like an Explorer glitch, but I have never experienced this so I
    | have no idea where to fix it. Can somebody please help?1
    |
    | Thanks

    Try this: Right-click on the start button, and select properties. Then about
    half-way down it should have a mark in the radio button in front of "Start
    menu"...click "Customize" to the right of that. In the Customize box, click
    on the Advanced tab. In the list shown, be sure there is a check mark in
    front of "Enable dragging and dropping".

    Don't know if that will help or not, but it's the first thing that came to
    mind.

    Toolman Tim, Dec 2, 2004

  3. hugh jass

    hugh jass Guest

    Don't all stand up at once!!
    I guess nobody had an answer to this peculiar problem.
    Incase anybody else has a similar problem:
    It turns out that the behaviour has gone for now. May have had something to
    do with the fact that I was 'hibernating' my computer for the last week (to
    keep many documents open between days) and last night I shut it down. This
    morning it appears to be dragging and dropping as desired... so far.

    hugh jass, Dec 3, 2004