    i can't even get it to boot from floppy, even with the IDE controllers
    disabled. Can't do a BIOS update :(

    Steve

    Stephen Williams, Aug 15, 2003

  2. Stephen Williams

    Gavin Tunney Guest

    On Fri, 15 Aug 2003 11:47:09 +1200, "Stephen Williams"
    <> wrote:

    >I've got a computer here that is stuck at the Building DMI Pool line. Never
    >gets any further, i've tried:
    >
    >Resetting the BIOS
    >removing the HDD and all other IDE devices
    >using a different HDD
    >Different RAM, video card and every other card
    >Disabling the onboard sound and USB and serial ports
    >Disabling all cache memory
    >Waiting over 20 minutes
    >Doing the indian war dance around the computer
    >
    >i can't even get it to boot from floppy, even with the IDE controllers
    >disabled. Can't do a BIOS update :(
    >
    >Steve

    Take some hardware out, or put a PCI card in if you haven't anything
    to remove, and then clear the NVRAM via the option in the PCI/Plug &
    Play section of the BIOS.

    Gavin

    Gavin Tunney, Aug 15, 2003

  3. >
    > Take some hardware out, or put a PCI card in if you haven't anything
    > to remove, and then clear the NVRAM via the option in the PCI/Plug &
    > Play section of the BIOS.
    >
    > Gavin

    Is that the same as reset ESCD information? If so, tried it :(

    Steve

    Stephen Williams, Aug 15, 2003
  4. Stephen Williams

    Ben Dover Guest

    Recently had the same problem.
    Make a boot disk with fdisk.exe on it.
    boot up and type fdisk /mbr then hit enter.
    Worked for me!

    Ben Dover, Aug 15, 2003